The Trump Indictment Thread

The lesson here is only poor people go to jail for contempt of court. Trump will throw money at this without a second thought and his donors will be glad to keep pumping it to him. This is a joke.

$5,000? Seriously? I don't think the man is nearly as rich as he wants people to think he is. Still, even to him that's got to be a joke.

I remember years ago someone didn't like all the cussing at work. In their meetings, they decided they would bring in a $1 swear jar. So one of my coworkers walked in, dropped a $20 in the jar and said that should cover him. That was the last time I saw the swear jar. :D

The point is, this is nothing but swear jar money to him. For $5,000, why not say anything you like?

Trump claims on Truth Social that Powell was never his attorney - in big, bold caps too.

Excellent for him to clear this up after nearly three years. It's kind of random, I'm sure there's been nothing major that happened recently for Trump - suddenly and out of the blue - to want to distance himself from Powell.

Any Republican who won’t renounce and/or still supports Trump should be asked about this.

What's insane is that its not surprising. It's literally just what everyone imagined... Trump yacking it up with folks around his golf club, with no discernment for what he shares and with who.

It's hard to know if its for nefarious purposes, if he's just too stubborn and stupid to listen to any rules or laws and honestly thinks he can do whatever he wants, but its probably the former because of the latter. Especially when you have millions of Americans and the vast majority of congress who refuse to condemn in any meaningful way any of the things you do, and even encourage it in many cases.

I foresee Trump forcing people to make tough decisions about jailing him. I will be surprised if he makes it to trial, especially one in which he has to attend rather than choosing to do so. He's already pushing the limits and he's going to be getting bad news at an ever-increasing rate.

It's hard to know if its for nefarious purposes, if he's just too stubborn and stupid to listen to any rules or laws and honestly thinks he can do whatever he wants, but its probably the former because of the latter.
I think most of the time he discussed sensitive information with unauthorized people to feed his narcissism. “Look how much I know!” This is an impulse that sometimes leads people to share secrets, but in Trump’s case he’s jeopardizing our national security and worse. He’s not just unfit to be president, he’s a clear and present threat. And no Republican politician who supports Trump should be allowed to get away without explaining why this isn’t a problem of the highest order.

I think most of the time he discussed sensitive information with unauthorized people to feed his narcissism. “Look how much I know!” This is an impulse that sometimes leads people to share secrets, but in Trump’s case he’s jeopardizing our national security and worse. He’s not just unfit to be president, he’s a clear and present threat. And no Republican politician who supports Trump should be allowed to get away without explaining why this isn’t a problem of the highest order.
but have we head word one about this from republicans? nope.

Last edited:
In Trump’s ongoing game of 4D Chutes and Ladders AFAIK the only people he’s offered to help with their legal defense funded by his rubes is the documents case, the most clear cut case that even his supporters agree he’s probably guilty of something. Meanwhile with the Georgia case, the more serious case and something he can’t do much about with abuse of power as it’s state charges and not federal, he’s just given the middle finger to all his codefendants. I’d expect more from a totally stable genius.

Jenna Ellis got the same deal as Chesebro: 5 years probation, $5000 restitution, and 100 hours community service.
I really hope the got the evidence to get this light a deal.
14 more to go…

EDIT: It‘s $5000 restitution, not a fine as I initially wrote.
The wikipedia article seems to be up to date (link adjusted to jump directly to the guilty pleas):

I‘m not totally sure why Powell got a fine, but no community service like the others did.

Last edited:
She is the Christian that begged from Christians to fight the good fight? I bet she does not give that money back now that she has admitted guilt.

There was a time when atheists needed to really hope there isn’t a God because when they die they’re going to be in a lot of trouble. That’s now shifted to Christians need to really hope there isn’t a God. In practice the biggest atheists on the planet are evangelical leaders.

Really not liking these light punishments.

The light sentences don't bother me. Who cares about Jenna Ellis? Seeing her sitting in jail will mean next to nothing to me. However, if she flips and helps bring down the people at the top, then I'm happy. Also, those "light sentences" might just be noticed by others who also don't want to sit in a jail cell. So if it entices others to also step forward, that only helps the cases yet to come.

I will say that they do seem to be very light sentences. But I remind myself that the goal is to get the mob boss locked up. If a few foot soldiers get off lightly to help achieve the main goal, then that's the price we pay. That's not how it would play out in a perfect world, but this isn't a perfect world.

Also, those "light sentences" might just be noticed by others who also don't want to sit in a jail cell. So if it entices others to also step forward, that only helps the cases yet to come.

This is exactly what it's about. From what I've seen, every one of these plea deals requires that the person in question will offer their testimony in court later.

Back