The Trump Indictment Thread

The legal system is painfully slow; have a seat and grab your handy haversack full of popcorn and sandwiches.

Farron Cousins put it this way:
If the punishment for a crime is a fine, then that means, it is legal for a fee.
This is so true. It means the wealthy are free to pay for whatever crimes they want to commit, while the poor will go to jail for the same behavior. That is exactly what we’re seeing now.

The legal system is painfully slow; have a seat and grab your handy haversack full of popcorn and sandwiches.

So much this. The wheels on the Prenda Law episode a while back turned slowly, but it was entertaining to watch. (More than this is)

I am still puzzled. How are the odds that he is going to jail like he should?
Do you mean for violating his gag orders or for when he's convicted of felonies? I'd say near zero for the former and unlikely for the latter. I don't see Trump being thrown into prison because of the challenges related to his Secret Service detail and other considerations. Some type of house arrest would be more likely. Either way, an orange jumpsuit would match his face.

Do you mean for violating his gag orders or for when he's convicted of felonies? I'd say near zero for the former and unlikely for the latter. I don't see Trump being thrown into prison because of the challenges related to his Secret Service detail and other considerations. Some type of house arrest would be more likely. Either way, an orange jumpsuit would match his face.

I saw one of those Beau of the Fifth Column videos a couple weeks back. Don't recall which video or the exact topic. I tend to play YouTube crap in the background while working for background noise.

What stood out was him saying something along the lines of "Prior to this, I figured if found guilty, they would work something out where he's not actually sitting in a cell. If this latest rumor is true, I no longer think that will be the case"

Granted, he's just some dude from Florida. But he tends to put out credible stuff more often than not. I'm sure there's a lot of twists and turns yet to come. So who can say what might happen. But I think it's interesting that there might be things out there that could land him in a cell. Like an actual jail cell with bars.

I bet being convicted of so many crimes will remove his protected status. save the tax payers huge amounts of money.

I think he’s going to prison. There is no “important person” clause on top of all the leverage they already have just by being wealthy. We’ve sent former governors, senators, reps, house speakers from Congress and individual states, presidential cabinet members and more to prison.

He will go, his cult will get over it. Democrats aren’t doing enough to beat it into the heads of people this stuff is foul, and to remind conservatives they are going to prison for doing less, and he (Trump) doesn’t deserve any better. I understand not giving them oxygen, but they’re going to run roughshot anyways, may as well treat them like the clowns they are, publicly and often. We’ve been dealing with this absurdity for 8 years and counting, time for the freak show to end and to get back to basic decency and believing in things like facts and science.

He’s just one nitwit, it’s imperative the courts and the justice system stop treating him like he isn’t. He’s not the first rich, powerful asshole to go to prison and he won’t be the last.

Last edited:
Democrats aren’t doing enough to beat it into the heads of people this stuff is foul...
Agree. Trump relies on repeating something over and over so it sinks into his deplorables' heads like it's true. Democrats should be countering him every step of the way. Example - "The Presidential Records Act let me do it." No it doesn't, in fact it's the opposite of what he says.

I may have missed it, but has Biden ever come out forcefully denying and denouncing all the talk about his "corruption," about how he's supposedly directing the Justice Department to go after Trump?

No more "When they go low we go high." That philosophy got Trump elected.

Agree. Trump relies on repeating something over and over so it sinks into his deplorables' heads like it's true. Democrats should be countering him every step of the way. Example - "The Presidential Records Act let me do it." No it doesn't, in fact it's the opposite of what he says.

I may have missed it, but has Biden ever come out forcefully denying and denouncing all the talk about his "corruption," about how he's supposedly directing the Justice Department to go after Trump?

No more "When they go low we go high." That philosophy got Trump elected.
Yep. I've been saying the same thing. It should be, when they go low, we go lower to undermine them — not by lying, but pointing out their lies and how little they've done to improve the lives of average Americans. I don't think Trump will agree to a debate if he's the nominee, but if he does, I hope Biden can call out any time Trump lies (which will be often).

look they are giving trump a chance to toss his kids under the bus.
Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 8.00.43 PM.png

Judge Chutkin wants it televised. I still contend that if they make it PPV, we can clear the National Debt for the next decade - even if there are Republicans in charge.
Aren't we talking about the civil case brought by the NYS Attorney General, which is under Judge Engoron? It's my understanding that the rules prohibit transmitting audio and/or video from the courtroom, but they may be overridden if a media company applies. And, yeah, I pay to watch it streamed.

🤦🏽‍♀️ H 🤦🏻 S 🤦🏾‍♀️ C 🤦 T 🤦🏻‍♀️ G 🤦🏿 *

The Arizona Republic examined a trove of documents made public by the "Cyber Ninjas'" (the passel of experts searching for election fraud in AZ) legal team. There were huge numbers of text messages, which were heavily redacted, to the point of being worthless.

The text messages were in pdf format. The Republic observed that the redactions were applied using a pdf editor: they could be removed using a pdf editor.

Most of these texts (there are a lot of them) can be read in full by basically anyone (some are properly blacked-out).

The content apparently does Individual-ONE no favors.

*("How Stupid Can They Get")

Last edited:
Aren't we talking about the civil case brought by the NYS Attorney General, which is under Judge Engoron? It's my understanding that the rules prohibit transmitting audio and/or video from the courtroom, but they may be overridden if a media company applies. And, yeah, I pay to watch it streamed.

I think the big news is in the J6 federal case, because NBC News filed a request and Chutkan has asked Trump’s team to respond about having his trial televised.

Who knows what they’ll say. Saying “no” will obviously result in blowback and bad press (you think Fox News doesn’t want to televise this?), but it’s not like his supporters will say “Trump is trying to hide the facts”, so he may just fight it.

On the other hand, he may be thinking short term and in order to keep up the appearance of being a fighter, Trump’s team may say “Yeah, we insist, we want the American people to see what a witch hunt this is”.

Trump is not doing well. Just meandering ranting, slurred words, mix ups, lies, praise for dictators. A hot mess. He’s also getting really old - I see these random screen grabs the media does with Trump’s face in a scowl, and he looks like a demented wrinkled villain.

IMG_0780.jpeg

I don’t say that to make fun (or at least not solely to make fun). I say it because he’s watching his empire shit the bed and “flippers flipping” left and right. We may see a nervous breakdown.

"If you think you gonna take a mugshot of my President Donald Trump and it's gonna be ok, you gonna find out that after you take that mugshot, some bad [expletive]'s probably gonna happen to you," Hanson allegedly said in his message intended for the sheriff. "... I'm warning you right now before you [expletive] up your life and get hurt real bad."

In his messages for Willis, Hanson allegedly told her to "watch everywhere that you're going" and "there's gonna be moments when you're gonna be vulnerable," among other things.

Back