The "Wordle" thread

I mean I did end up eliminating some important letters with that guess, but I have a strict policy of never abandoning a green letter, no matter what. That's just my personal strategy.
Enable “Hard Mode” to have the game enforce that for you (if you feel the same way about yellow letters).

3rd guess saved me ...

Wordle 245 5/6

⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟨⬛🟩🟩⬛
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

1645280362900.png

:LOL:

Nope.
Alright!
OK, I can do this! Three! Nope.
Maybe this for a four...? Nope.
Any letters left? How about this, it’s a word. w00t!

Wordle 246 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wordle 246 5/6

⬛🟩⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
🟩⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩⬛⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Interesting to infer others' strategies based on the patterns of green. English only has 5 vovels, so I use the first 2 words to identify all of those in the word. Next, based on the vovels, I try to figure out 1 or 2 consonants (usually attempt 3). By attempt 4 or 5 I have enough data to solve. If there one letter is used twice in the word I tend to have to go to 5 or 6 attempts.

Gives me higher number of attempts thus far 100% success rate.

My starter word indeed has four vowels and then on the next line I use a word which has the remaining vowel plus several consonants which are frequently used, and that works out well, until, yes, I get tripped up by a letter used twice in the winning word. Takes me longer then! Today's word I had to think about even when I had good clues.....

Wordle 246 4/6

🟦⬜🟦⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟧
🟦⬜🟦⬜⬜
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧

The frustration of reaching for a yellow post it with a (long and growing daily) neatly printed (hand-written) list of five letter words, only to find that you have - inadvertently - reached for a yellow post it with a neatly printed (hand-written) shopping list which reads (among other things) "garlic" (yes, six letters, I know, I know), "sushi", "fruit", "onion", "curry", "lemon", and - by the time you had reached "aubergines" and "courgettes" and "tomatoes" and "blood oranges" - which are not the words you seek - hissing (quietly, even though you live, toute seule), "damn" (yes, a four letter word, I know), when you do so.

Last edited:
Finally some fun with yellow letters again, yay!

Sticking to hard mode strategies most days for entertainment purposes so early greens can be quite limiting.

Wordle 247 4/6

⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
🟩⬛🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Back