USA Election 2024

She absolutely did bait him. I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s like she listened to every talking head’s opinion about what she did, took all their best ideas and meshed them together. She hit him but not too personally, she was concise and barely made a stumble or stutter at all…

I’m still shocked Trump said he’d veto a national abortion ban. He probably didn’t mean to, but now he will need to clarify.

He was a mad man.

I seriously doubt Trump will participate in another debate.

I don’t think we need one. I wouldn’t blame him after this.

The mood on Fox is quite dim tonight, and they’re blaming ABC. Sorry, they did great and they didn’t put the words in Trump’s mouth. It wasn’t the questions that were the problem, it was him.

Harris had a couple of openings he could have taken, she didn’t really take responsibility for Afghanistan, but he’s not smart enough to think in that way. Her answer calling him out for his deal with the Taliban was good enough and he went on defense,

This was his most sound defeat yet, feels good man.

Prominent republicans in all fields must have gotten the email for damage control - “blame ABC”.

The articles are starting…

Harris came onstage with a clear plan: throw Trump off his game.

It was, by any measure, a dramatic success. When the vice president mentioned Trump’s criminal conviction and outstanding legal issues, he bit. When she called him out for sinking a bipartisan immigration bill, he bit harder. And when Harris suggested Trump’s rallies were boring, he nearly choked on the bait.

I truly hope Harris wins. Not just because the future of the world hinges on it, but because she is genuinely inspiring. She reminds me of our recent leader here in New Zealand - one Jacinda Ardern - who projected empathy, vision and positivity for everyone and - rarely for a politician - seemed to authentically embody these values in her words and actions.

Trump, on the other hand, looked far from his previous persona of menacing, albeit erratic lunacy. Tonight he just looked like a lunatic: out of ideas, weak, a shell.

The Guardian posted a poll today showing Harris and Trump tied on 47.3% each. I guess it seems logical this happened leading up to tonight’s debate. It suggests the debate really might be a decider. And so the next few days and weeks will be telling…

Looks legit.

Screenshot 2024-09-10 at 8.15.42 PM.png

This is going to smoke someone's ass.
Like many of you, I watched the debate tonight. If you haven’t already, now is a great time to do your research on the issues at hand and the stances these candidates take on the topics that matter to you the most. As a voter, I make sure to watch and read everything I can about their proposed policies and plans for this country.

Recently I was made aware that AI of ‘me’ falsely endorsing Donald Trump’s presidential run was posted to his site. It really conjured up my fears around AI, and the dangers of spreading misinformation. It brought me to the conclusion that I need to be very transparent about my actual plans for this election as a voter. The simplest way to combat misinformation is with the truth.

I will be casting my vote for Kamala Harris and Tim Walz in the 2024 Presidential Election. I’m voting for @kamalaharrisbecause she fights for the rights and causes I believe need a warrior to champion them. I think she is a steady-handed, gifted leader and I believe we can accomplish so much more in this country if we are led by calm and not chaos. I was so heartened and impressed by her selection of running mate @timwalz, who has been standing up for LGBTQ+ rights, IVF, and a woman’s right to her own body for decades.

I’ve done my research, and I’ve made my choice. Your research is all yours to do, and the choice is yours to make. I also want to say, especially to first time voters: Remember that in order to vote, you have to be registered! I also find it’s much easier to vote early. I’ll link where to register and find early voting dates and info in my story.

With love and hope,

Taylor Swift
Childless Cat Lady

📷: @inezandvinoodh

Debate Results- clear Harris win. A cavalcade of fantastic Lil’Donny lies.
Trump ignores all questions either outright or fills his answers with deflections, fantasies and boldface lies.
I love that Harris was positive and optimistic, and she stood up to the asshole.

In contrast Trump >🤯< closes was fantastical ravings, he spent all this time trying to tear Biden-Harris down , how strong he is, and spewing about how terrible the country, economy is, when the economy is much better than it was under his watch. And inflation, that was all fueled under his Administration that he tried to hang on her.

He’s so desperate to be viewed as strong, but citing Victor Orban (as the authoritarian) who approves of him was an eye opener… no not really. The man has had a crush on dictators, wants to be a dictator.

I was pissed that the moderators allowed Trump extra time to butt in.

Last edited:
The mods were much better than at the first debate. I loved when David Muir called Trump out on the pet eating. Republicans are complaining that they didn’t do the same for Harris, but she didn’t say anything remotely as crazy.

"A lot of towns don't want to talk about it because they're so embarrassed by it. In Springfield, they're eating the dogs, the people that came in. They're eating the cats. They're eating the pets of the people that live there," Trump said, as Harris laughed and looked confused. "And this is what's happening in our country, and it's a shame."- Trump at tonight’s debate.

Footage of Harris leaving the debate..

IMG_0363.gif

Back