USA Election 2024

Mary L Trump.png

It’s also the fault of our blind worship of celebrity and the wealthy starting in the 80’s to influencer culture where their only talent is being attractive and/or a lazy contrarian edgelord. For Trump supporters a successful conman still makes him a success to be emulated.
Not only in US but in many countries , alas. I've always wondered how other people in his entourage teach their children not to lie, being themselves big liars . Look only at 🍊's children , very good examples 😵‍💫

Sounds like he's going to the basement for the remainder of this thing. He's right to do it because he sounds less coherent than Biden did during the debate now but at the same time you can expect those on the right to defend him for the same thing they were so outraged about with Biden. Gotta be nice to play both sides like that.

Sounds like he's going to the basement for the remainder of this thing. He's right to do it because he sounds less coherent than Biden did during the debate now but at the same time you can expect those on the right to defend him for the same thing they were so outraged about with Biden. Gotta be nice to play both sides like that.

Short of everybody being forced to watch one of his rallies in its entirety, there should be an interview that starts with “I have no questions. Just speak your mind.” Clearly Trump loves doing that. Have at it, at great length and uninterrupted.

Short of everybody being forced to watch one of his rallies in its entirety, there should be an interview that starts with “I have no questions. Just speak your mind.” Clearly Trump loves doing that. Have at it, at great length and uninterrupted.
The soundbites make great ads for Kamala.

No bueno. It's being reportted elsewhere as well. Did Rump have voting machines fixed? As in cheating?

View attachment 31945

I will have to read more into this. If true, it’s troubling. But I would hope if this is an actual issue, it will quickly gain traction and be fixed.

My worry is legitimate issues (like we saw in Arizona) will spread doubt and lower confidence in the elections, which thanks to tons of lies and misinfo, has created huge doubt on the right. I don’t want bad-faith actors doing the same to the left, but if something like that is happening, it must be known.

Hopefully it’s a minor issue quickly resolved, if it’s true.

I will have to read more into this. If true, it’s troubling. But I would hope if this is an actual issue, it will quickly gain traction and be fixed.

My worry is legitimate issues (like we saw in Arizona) will spread doubt and lower confidence in the elections, which thanks to tons of lies and misinfo, has created huge doubt on the right. I don’t want bad-faith actors doing the same to the left, but if something like that is happening, it must be known.

Hopefully it’s a minor issue quickly resolved, if it’s true.

I think Republicans calculated Democrats won’t look into these things too much because the perception that they didn’t take Trump’s legitimate (to them) claims seriously and it would be hypocritical to only seem to care when it affects Democrats. Whether that proves to be true about Democrats or not they’ll still run with that narrative at every step.

The usual goons are running around on Facebook talking about how Harris bombed the Fox interview in the worst possible way. WORD SALADS! STUTTERING! COMPLAINING THAT THE QUESTIONS WERE TOO HARD!

These people really do live in their own sad little scary world.

I think Republicans calculated Democrats won’t look into these things too much because the perception that they didn’t take Trump’s legitimate (to them) claims seriously and it would be hypocritical to only seem to care when it affects Democrats. Whether that proves to be true about Democrats or not they’ll still run with that narrative at every step.

Exactly. That’s why I’m hitting pause until we learn more. When tens of millions of people across the country vote, there will always be some issue, somewhere. Did it affect the outcome? Were the issues identified, addressed and any problems fixed? If so, no biggie - as they say, 💩 happens.

And anyways, the “there were issues” argument Vance and other Trump surrogates raise - that’s NOT what Trump claims. He doesn’t claim “big tech censored us” (well, he does, but not usually in regards to “election fraud”). I’m fine hearing about things that you think should be fixed or changed in the future. But Trump just says “it was RIGGED and STOLEN”. And the right would love to use democrats asking questions as “proof” that Trump was right about everything, as they like to say.

Maybe I’m just trying to keep my optimism cap on, but Harris is running an excellent campaign and staying visible with big, enthusiastic crowds. Trump can absolutely still draw a crowd, but it’s hit and miss for a guy who harps about his crowd size, they’re far less enthusiastic, and Trump seems to lean on rhetoric and frown a lot when he’s not happy.

His rally count is down something like 75% from the number he had in 2016, and he’s spending the final three weeks cancelling interviews, events and holding gatherings in states he has no chance of winning. Which, there’s nothing wrong with visiting places that vote blue, but you’d think he’d have hit those more in the earlier months and be focusing on swing states and shoring up his support in places like Florida and Texas if he makes a detour.

Back