USA Election 2024

I’ve heard some pretty consistent centrist Biden stans change their tune after the debate performance. And we need to be honest, past behavior is also being more closely analyzed as well as the White House not being transparent about his condition over the years. This isn’t just the debate. People need to stop with the “historical data” garbage. Historical data stopped mattering in 2016.
One observation from that podcast was that, if Biden goes for it and loses, the most hated person in the world on November 5th could be…Jill Biden. I can say I’ll be pretty pissed at her.

Also, guys, I just follow Clooney’s lead and that’s how I live my life.

Every time I see Clooney I think of a spot on impersonator who would call into the Jimmy Dore show and talk about how he liked to prank his friends by sleeping with their wives all in good fun. 🤣

One observation from that podcast was that, if Biden goes for it and loses, the most hated person in the world on November 5th could be…Jill Biden. I can say I’ll be pretty pissed at her.

Jill Biden has one vote at the end of the day.

Also, Biden’s mind is not gone. He knows what he’s doing.

I can’t believe democrats are allowing the republicans to control the narrative four months out. We can have these discussions, but Trump’s nonsense is taking a backseat. Now I see why people are dumping parties and registering as independents. I’ll always be a liberal democrat, but the panic seems overblown when one guy has proven he’s capable of doing a good job and the other proves he’s a criminal with a bottomless pit of filth, crime and selling America to the highest bidder to line his coffers and increase his power.

And even though I do truly get wanting a younger, different candidate, I’m dismayed to see dems trashing Biden almost as if he’s as bad as Trump. We are four months out and democrats seem to be campaigning for MAGA.

I can’t believe democrats are allowing the republicans to control the narrative four months out. We can have these discussions, but Trump’s nonsense is taking a backseat. Now I see why people are dumping parties and registering as independents. I’ll always be a liberal democrat, but the panic seems overblown when one guy has proven he’s capable of doing a good job and the other proves he’s a criminal with a bottomless pit of filth, crime and selling America to the highest bidder to line his coffers and increase his power.

And even though I do truly get wanting a younger, different candidate, I’m dismayed to see dems trashing Biden almost as if he’s as bad as Trump. We are four months out and democrats seem to be campaigning for MAGA.
If he refuses to back out, he’s a huge problem. What’s the goal with keeping Biden in an unwinnable situation? His circle is fucking him over, obviously. It’s Weekend at Bernie’s, except there are real stakes.

I thought Clooney’s analysis was spot on. And mirrors what I’ve seen starting two years ago, and gradually getting to what I witnessed during the debate, Stephanopoulos’ interview, as well as a lot of news footage coverage on television in between.

tump can and will likely win running against Biden.

I thought Clooney’s analysis was spot on. And mirrors what I’ve seen starting two years ago, and gradually getting to what I witnessed during the debate, Stephanopoulos’ interview, as well as a lot of news footage coverage on television in between.

tump can and will likely win running against Biden.
Which makes no sense because only idiots vote for Trump over Biden (or literally any inanimate object, like a sock puppet) but we live in “America”.

If he refuses to back out, he’s a huge problem. What’s the goal with keeping Biden in an unwinnable situation? His circle is fucking him over, obviously. It’s Weekend at Bernie’s, except there are real stakes.
LOL perfect metaphor dude! :ROFLMAO:

wab2506900-weekend-at-bidens-funny--white-at-garment.webp

However, inside I'm crying. We're probably going to lose this thing and Trump will get another 4 years.

I’ll vote for whoever the Democrat nominee is, but I’m not sure what is the best way forward. A couple days ago, I thought the replace Biden movement was dying. But calls from Michael Bennet and George Clooney and Nancy Pelosi’s non-endorsement mean a lot, and I suspect they represent the tip of a growing iceberg.

One way or another, Dems need to get their $hit together. Either agree Biden is the one or find someone else. The ongoing turmoil is a burning fuse.

I won’t repeat the many reasons why Trump is monumentally unfit and dangerous. What infuriates me is the refusal of the press to acknowledge this and not sound the alarm about Project 2025. Unlike the pablum in the draft GOP platform, which is designed to make the Republican agenda not seem menacing, it’s exactly what they will do if Trump wins.

Now ask him about Trump and his memory and you'll get zilch. Whenever we get these Republicans bashing only Biden, whether it be a memory problems, gaffes, etc. and never criticizing a man who is a convicted sexual offender and a felon with multiple indictments hanging over his head you get nothing. The man was looking for Rudy Giuliani while he was talking with at the same time, he constantly confuses people and facts, and yet nothing from the Republican echo chamber.

If people like Herdfan and AG_PhamD want any sort of credibility, they need to be objective, not partisan. Otherwise, they're just MAGA nuts with zero credibility.

Honestly, I hope you get the help you need. You’re not well. Whatever it is- your hatred of Trump and/or fear of his return is an evidently quite consuming. The be clear, you’re welcome to hate Trump and fear a second term- it’s even normal. Where it becomes a problem is when it becomes obsessive, all consuming, distorts your view of reality. Or ability to socialize in a healthy and rational manner. Why do I feel like this has probably affected other relationships in your life.

I sincerely wish you the best. You may not believe that, but I really do. At some point I hope you take a break from politics and get some fresh air. There’s a lot more to life than the US government.

At the very least, just reflect on what I’ve said here. If you really believe what you’ve said about me, recognize you either…
1) Know my political beliefs than I do.
2) Believe I am lying… but to what end? To manipulate the opinions of 7 people? Quite ineffectively.
3) Have consciously or unconsciously been misrepresenting my beliefs to others and maybe even yourself. Why- only you can answer that.

None of these are particular rational thoughts.
Where do you stand on the question of Trump's cognitive status?

This piece on CNN this morning is a case-in-point about how the two candidates are treated differently:
https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/08/opinions/biden-cognitive-impairment-test-reiner/index.html

The writer, a physician at George Washington University, says the following about Trump: "Trump has repeatedly bragged that he “aced” two dementia screening tests during and after his presidency, and described the former test as “difficult”. But that exam (the MOCA test), which, among other questions, asks the patient to draw a clock, identify a camel and count backward from 100 by sevens, is a low bar for a candidate who, if elected, will carry nuclear launch codes."

But the article is titled It’s time to find out whether Biden has cognitive impairment or not, nor does it call for Trump to undergo the same testing. That's a double standard that infuriates me and many other observers, and it applies to far more than Trump's and Biden's cognitive status.

Let’s be clear here- I’ve never advocated Trump should be president or should run for president. I don’t know how many times I said NEITHER of these men should be running for office.

The current fact of the matter at the moment, believe it or not, is Biden is President and Trump is not. And for those who did not see it, it should now be alarmingly apparent that Biden is not doing so well health wise. And obviously the White House is going to try its best not to expose the true extent of his challenges.

I have commented on Trumps mental status countless times, including in this very conversation. Over the past 4 years he does appear to be a little slower and makes more mistakes than before- but I don’t see see anything alarming such as in Biden’s case. Whether or not it’s the normal effects or aging or the beginning of a rapid decline I don’t think anyone can say, but at the moment I am not concerned with Trump’s memory or cognition THAT SAID, electing an 80 year old is a total gamble on where he is in 4 years.

What is a concern for me is Trump’s narcissistic personality traits, which probably rises to the level of NPD. It explains Trump’s behavior regarding election fraud conspiracies, inciting Jan 6th, and refusing tin take action for hours. It explains a lot around the documents case and the subsequent obstruction. He’s already used his power to gut the Republican Party of anyone who opposes him. I am worried given the legal pressures and such what he might do to retaliate and what he might do to ensure no one ever tries to come after him.

This was very annoying as a spectator if the debate but Trump would often answer a question by continuing to talk about the previous question and then answer the current question. Or he would answer the current question and then go back to the previous question or respond to something Biden had said. Even when he tells his rambling stories, he still eventually comes back to the original point.

Biden in the other hand we can see struggles to recall a few bullet points on the same topic- he’ll get through 2 and then lose his train of thought. You can also see how he slides from one topic into another but doesn’t get back to the original. It does seem like he may be aware he is off topic but doesn’t know how to get back or what the topic was- and then abruptly stops talking.

If Biden wanted to mitigate concerns about his cognitive state, he could easily undergo testing with neuropsych inventories- such as the MOCA which despite being 10 questions and seemingly easy- it is highly reliable. It’s really designed for a PCP to administer quickly. More advanced neuropsych testing can be hours long. There’s also diagnostic imaging and bloodwork- including some relatively new Parkinson’s tests. I have to imagine this testing has already been done- unless they don’t want to know.

But when they refuse tests / share the the results, refuse an explanation by his doctors, deny documented visits by physicians, over-compensate with ridiculous comments about his energy, hide him away from the press, script everything, etcz… what are we to make of that?

The first step would be allow Biden’s physician to talk to the media to explain his/her findings and conclusion. Having KJP split hairs over a medical visit vs physical vs consultation or whatever does not inspire confidence. Biden is entitled to privacy around his health, but he is also obligated to our country and if there’s a question of his
ability to serve, it needs to be answered.

The fact Biden’s first post-debate interview was on RADIO and we now know the White House provided the questions and Biden at a minimum had notes should tell you everything you need to know.

Biden should not be running for another term. Whether or not he should complete his term should be seriously considered- sadly his health and competence will not decide that, it will be politics and optics.

Kamala shouldn’t probably run in Joes place because if he wins, she will be end up as POTUS. And she can legitimately stake her claim as first woman president. Otherwise she can be the first woman president but only because of a man.

The thought of Joe actually being on the ballot is insane to me. The toothpaste is out of the tube. He may poll better than Kamala, but I think if she was on the ticket, Dems would really around her and her polls would improve

Listening to the latest Pivot podcast, the first half of which is about the campaign and the likelihood of Biden dropping out. Their guest, a political strategist, believes he will.

I think he has to. I don’t think the average person can in good conscience vote for someone who is unable to fulfills their role as POTUS. Chances are they just won’t show up to vote.

It’s hard to take the “if Trump is elected it’s the end of democracy” talking point seriously when their answer to that is an ailing Biden. Especially when the DNC, rather un-democratically, blocked primaries from occurring and squashed any contenders, insisting Joe was the only way forward.

They created this mess. They have no easy way out of it. Even in the Dems had a superstar they could somehow slip in Biden’s place- why would that person want to risk losing to Trump and squandering their career when they could run in 2028 in an open field and actually have the time to campaign.

I think Kamala is the only practical solution but it’ll be an uphill battle that will likely fail. Despite how disliked she is, Dems will obviously rally around her. The campaign can do their best to manufacture her likability- she just comes off as so inauthentic so that’ll be tough. There’s also the matter that many may see her complicit in deceiving the public in regards to Biden.

Last edited:
Honestly, I hope you get the help you need. You’re not well. Whatever it is- your hatred of Trump and/or fear of his return is an evidently quite consuming. The be clear, you’re welcome to hate Trump and fear a second term- it’s even normal. Where it becomes a problem is when it becomes obsessive, all consuming, distorts your view of reality. Or ability to socialize in a healthy and rational manner. Why do I feel like this has probably affected other relationships in your life.
Thank you once again for your insightful feedback, which comes across as arrogant and trolling, something we've come to expect from you.

I sincerely wish you the best. You may not believe that, but I really do. At some point I hope you take a break from politics and get some fresh air. There’s a lot more to life than the US government.
I don't. I believe you are an egotistical Conservative who, despite pretending to treat Trump equally, has only ever taken Biden to task. I called you out on it and you didn't like it, so you're lashing out as a result.

Not that I don't appreciate the advice that I take a break from my own site, but I'll go ahead and stick it out. But you are definitely getting a break. If you choose to come back after your ban period, you'll be more respectful or it will be permanent.

Honestly, I hope you get the help you need. You’re not well. Whatever it is- your hatred of Trump and/or fear of his return is an evidently quite consuming. The be clear, you’re welcome to hate Trump and fear a second term- it’s even normal. Where it becomes a problem is when it becomes obsessive, all consuming, distorts your view of reality.

While I'm not Eric, I think those who do not fear a second Trump term need help, because they are so removed from reality that they live in their own dream world.
They either think that Trump
* is a genius, who is the only one who can save America and loves them (contrary to all evidence)
* is the second coming of Christ and will cause the Rapture, and they hope they get to Heaven sooner, despite the fact that Trump couldn't list the Ten Commandments, which is why he breaks most of them

From my point of view, a second Trump term will end democracy in the US, and as a German I believe I have a little bit more schooling on how quickly a democracy can turn to shit.
And once the US goes down, Putin will remember that he has interest in even more countries of the former Soviet Union, and China will take over Taiwan, and who knows what Kim Jong Un has in stores.
Trump won't care, because he looooves dictators.

If you don't see this, then you need a reality check!

BTW, tell me one thing, just one thing, that Trump did during his first term to "Make America Great Again", which certifies him to get a second term?

T says he has no idea who is behind the 2025 project.

To be fair there are some longtime Republicans also sincerely saying they don’t know what that thing is. Not all Republicans go to the Heritage Foundation circle jerk meetings or are invited to the top meetings within that. It would be like claiming every Democrat politician is a member of ANTIFA, although I'm sure Fox has attempted that. This thing has been in the works for decades, at least as far back as Reagan, if not Nixon. Many Republicans, including Trump, are just useful idiots for this masterplan.

Along with the useful idiots are the voters. Plenty of “Well, I didn’t vote for that.” going around. Sorry, but you did. You just weren’t aware of it. For guidance look at all the abortion restriction and ban legislation being passed without putting it to the voters. Expect a lot more of that from the Project 2025 deep state. And even that is just to serve as a distraction from all the wealth that continues to be syphoned from the bottom to the top.

Flood the zone with cultural divisions under a police state while they economically bleed us dry. There, I just accurately summed up a 900 page mission statement for you.

Which makes no sense because only idiots vote for Trump over Biden (or literally any inanimate object, like a sock puppet) but we live in “America”.

True.

I think that's because, sadly, for many voters, *brash/robust media optics* trumps intelligence/wisdom/decency/honesty/service/thoughtfulness/morality/modesty/civility/etc.

some longtime Republicans also sincerely saying they don’t know what that thing is
CNN just had a piece identifying about 140 people who work/worked for T as contributors to the document.
Sure not all of the Gaslighting Old Party know or care what the 2025 project is, but it's rich for T to say that.

Next he will deny knowing wannabe Goebbles, AKA Stephen Miller.

I think he has to. I don’t think the average person can in good conscience vote for someone who is unable to fulfills their role as POTUS. Chances are they just won’t show up to vote.

It’s hard to take the “if Trump is elected it’s the end of democracy” talking point seriously when their answer to that is an ailing Biden. Especially when the DNC, rather un-democratically, blocked primaries from occurring and squashed any contenders, insisting Joe was the only way forward.

They created this mess. They have no easy way out of it. Even in the Dems had a superstar they could somehow slip in Biden’s place- why would that person want to risk losing to Trump and squandering their career when they could run in 2028 in an open field and actually have the time to campaign.

I think Kamala is the only practical solution but it’ll be an uphill battle that will likely fail. Despite how disliked she is, Dems will obviously rally around her. The campaign can do their best to manufacture her likability- she just comes off as so inauthentic so that’ll be tough. There’s also the matter that many may see her complicit in deceiving the public in regards to Biden.
It's difficult impossible for me to take you seriously when you essentially equate the consequences of Trump and Biden being elected. Regardless of what one thinks about Biden's cognitive abilities — and I've been vocal here about my concerns, especially during the debate — he is a decent, caring man who has accomplished much during his first term. If Biden is re-elected but can't do the job for four more years, the country will be fine under Harris and whomever replaces her as VP. I don't agree with your characterization of Harris as inauthentic, either. She's done an excellent job campaigning about reproductive rights, an issue the majority of the electorate supports. I think many voters who long for an alternative to Biden and Trump and are smart enough to recognize Kennedy for the disaster he is would welcome her candidacy.

Regardless, as I said in another post, the Democrats need to reach consensus on a path forward: either support Biden as the candidate or replace him.

If Trump wins, we will be in an abyss that we may not be able to escape during our lifetimes. Your 2028 Democrat scenario will probably be off the table, and much damage will have been done across the governance spectrum. If you don't believe Project 2025 is the playbook for a second Trump term, you're not as savvy as you think.

BTW, for the record, I'd rather you weren't banned. Much as I disagree with your opinions, I believe you should be able to voice them here.

BTW, for the record, I'd rather you weren't banned. Much as I disagree with your opinions, I believe you should be able to voice them here.

Same here. If this were a Joe Biden for President internet forum I could see the point.

But it’s not, it’s predominantly tech/current affairs/movies/politics/Apple/gardening/cars/etc. based. Statistically you’ll get a wide range of people over the whole political spectrum, with a wide range of differing political views.

Trying to stifle those views and speech by means of Democratic Party litmus test for posting, IMO, is not a good thing. For a variety of reasons. By the nature of the subject, you’ll get a wide range of views, and offered in different strengths. As corny as this sounds, isn’t that what America is about?

I always look forward to learning something new, and others' views, even if I strenuously disagree with what’s said. As I’ve mentioned in a previous post, I have never learned anything new regarding something I already know about.

Last edited:
Regardless, as I said in another post, the Democrats need to reach consensus on a path forward: either support Biden as the candidate or replace him.

This is the big thing right now. The fact that the poor debate performance has started to fracture support is honestly a bigger issue than swiftly doing one thing or the other.

Back