USA Election 2024

CNN just had a piece identifying about 140 people who work/worked for T as contributors to the document.
Sure not all of the Gaslighting Old Party know or care what the 2025 project is, but it's rich for T to say that.

Next he will deny knowing wannabe Goebbles, AKA Stephen Miller.

I wouldn’t say he’s completely ignorant, but I would say a lot of those document contributors fall more under “You’re the greatest, smartest President this country has ever had.” ego contributors.

Which brings me to “I don’t even know who is running the country!” alarmists over Biden’s mental health. What? Do people honestly believe this country is micromanaged by one individual and every federal employee’s day starts with a “Our leader had a vision last night and this is what we are doing today.” meeting? Doesn’t matter who the President is. Most of the time most people don’t know who is running the country. The President is largely a PR person who very occasionally has to make a big decision. The mythology of this country from conception to present is dumb.

BTW, for the record, I'd rather you weren't banned. Much as I disagree with your opinions, I believe you should be able to voice them here.
This directed at me is what did it "Honestly, I hope you get the help you need. You’re not well." It's one thing for him to go on and on with his diatribes, which I've always allowed, but to make it about me in such a personal way for disagreeing crossed the line. Call me a "Liberal" in the same way that I call him "MAGA" and I would have zero problem with it.

These guys tend to think along these lines, that because we expect the same treatment of Donald Trump that we're somehow delusional and mentally unfit, the double standard is glaring.

This directed at me is what did it "Honestly, I hope you get the help you need. You’re not well." It's one thing for him to go on and on with his diatribes, which I've always allowed, but to make it about me in such a personal way for disagreeing crossed the line. Call me a "Liberal" in the same way that I call him "MAGA" and I would have zero problem with it.

These guys tend to think along these lines, that because we expect the same treatment of Donald Trump that we're somehow delusional and mentally unfit, the double standard is glaring.
I get that, and I agree the clinical statement you quoted above was highly inappropriate, especially coming from a healthcare worker who claims expertise in the area. I suppose you could have given him a stiff warning, but I don't blame you for imposing the ban.

So who's taking bets that today's press conference won't go horribly wrong for Biden?

So who's taking bets that today's press conference won't go horribly wrong for Biden?
No matter what happens, it'll be seen as not enough. He'd have to do a series of backflips to get to the podium, open by describing in detail how he figured out the mystery of dark matter, and then recite pi to 3000 decimal places in reverse order to convince the skeptics.

No matter what happens, it'll be seen as not enough. He'd have to do a series of backflips to get to the podium, open by describing in detail how he figured out the mystery of dark matter, and then recite pi to 3000 decimal places in reverse order to convince the skeptics.

I'd be fine with him in an auditorium and answering questions for an hour or so from people in the audience who were randomly chosen off the street.

Agreed, at this point I think it can only hurt him.

I'd be fine with him in an auditorium and answering questions for an hour or so from people in the audience who were randomly chosen off the street.
IMO that wouldn't help either, many of the questions he answers are on point but he just comes across as confused, can't seem to focus and is generally sort of spaced out. This is why I think it's a problem for the country, regardless of his opposition he appears genuinely unfit to serve.

Regardless of how things go tonight, as long as he remains in office, be it months or years, the country is going to hold its breath every time he makes an appearance or statement. That will never change.

IMO that wouldn't help either, many of the questions he answers are on point but he just comes across as confused, can't seem to focus and is generally sort of spaced out. This is why I think it's a problem for the country, regardless of his opposition he appears genuinely unfit to serve.

That's what I would be looking for and want to verify.

If he has trouble dealing with what would likely and mostly be middle weight questions, how could he have high level meetings with world leaders and ambassadors? The American public has a right to see that he can handle that and make thoughtful/quick decisions when necessary.

Not that that's an ideal test. But I like that the questions would come from random people off the street, where the opposition can't claim the questions were gamed out ahead of time by Biden advisors.

Here's a very thoughtful assessment and recommendation:

WashPost snippet:
..."Since the debate, the president, his family and campaign team have made several comments that fail to accept that reality. First lady Jill Biden praised his performance with “You answered every question.” His staff’s initial assessment after the debate was that “nothing fundamentally changed.” As reality set in, they told us he had a cold and was jet-lagged. The president himself said, “I almost fell asleep onstage,” and that he had told his staff to avoid scheduling events for him after 8 p.m. None of these attempts at glossing over the very real concerns of millions of Americans is helpful." ...

It appears nobody wants Biden to stay in the race more than Donald Trump. :ROFLMAO:

If he drops out and anybody other than Harris is the candidate it will instantly deflate the top 3 attack points.

-personal action/inaction on the southern border
-personal action/inaction with Isreal/Gaza

JFC, what are we even talking about now?
It's funny because just a few months ago Trump confused Obama with Clinton 7 times, I get that of course he's not under the same microscope Biden is now but still it shows how there's a double standard going on.

I did catch this on the news BTW and it was definitely eye opening, I just don't see how he can continue like this.

When asked about Harris being his VP: He just said he wouldn't have picked *trump* for VP if he thought he couldn't do the job.

He gave a very nuanced answer about Trump taking over with the existing situation with NATO and Europe, was impressed with that one.

It's funny because just a few months ago Trump confused Obama with Clinton 7 times, I get that of course he's not under the same microscope Biden is now but still it shows how there's a double standard going on.

I did catch this on the news BTW and it was definitely eye opening, I just don't see how he can continue like this.
also, Biden with Obama and and at once thought Biden was running against Obama instead of himself. if he did not speak so much nonsense we would really see how bad it is.

Back