USA Election 2024

I think you need to ask yourself why you take criticism of Joe Biden- a man I can only assume you have never met, so personally.

Based on your comments, you appearto hyper focus on anything I say amount Biden while completely ignoring anything negative I say about Trump. I can count the number of times I’ve called Trump dangerous, a clown, a buffoon, a criminal, that he deserved his second impeachment; that he should babe resigned after Jan 6th, prosecuted for Jan 6 and election fraud.

You need to to stop “splitting” where you only see people as on one side or the other. You can’t seem to differentiate people who is actually against you and someone who has more diverse thoughts. I

have no problem reconciling my belief that Stormy-Trump case was ludicrous while also feeling Trump’s inaction alone on Jan 6th should be regarded as criminal. I can also believe Trump should be prosecuted for alleged election interference in GA but Fanny Willis blew up the case and is now far too compromised to be involved.

Yeah, there’s always a “but” with Trump, we get it.

I think you need to ask yourself why you take criticism of Joe Biden- a man I can only assume you have never met, so personally.

Based on your comments, you appearto hyper focus on anything I say amount Biden while completely ignoring anything negative I say about Trump. I can count the number of times I’ve called Trump dangerous, a clown, a buffoon, a criminal, that he deserved his second impeachment; that he should babe resigned after Jan 6th, prosecuted for Jan 6 and election fraud.

You need to to stop “splitting” where you only see people as on one side or the other. You can’t seem to differentiate people who is actually against you and someone who has more diverse thoughts. I

have no problem reconciling my belief that Stormy-Trump case was ludicrous while also feeling Trump’s inaction alone on Jan 6th should be regarded as criminal. I can also believe Trump should be prosecuted for alleged election interference in GA but Fanny Willis blew up the case and is now far too compromised to be involved.
Where do you stand on the question of Trump's cognitive status?

This piece on CNN this morning is a case-in-point about how the two candidates are treated differently:
https://www.cnn.com/2024/07/08/opinions/biden-cognitive-impairment-test-reiner/index.html

The writer, a physician at George Washington University, says the following about Trump: "Trump has repeatedly bragged that he “aced” two dementia screening tests during and after his presidency, and described the former test as “difficult”. But that exam (the MOCA test), which, among other questions, asks the patient to draw a clock, identify a camel and count backward from 100 by sevens, is a low bar for a candidate who, if elected, will carry nuclear launch codes."

But the article is titled It’s time to find out whether Biden has cognitive impairment or not, nor does it call for Trump to undergo the same testing. That's a double standard that infuriates me and many other observers, and it applies to far more than Trump's and Biden's cognitive status.

Sounds like a good plan. Time to get cracking.

It sounds like what is describing is an actual fair primary where the DNC doesn’t put a boulder on the scale and that’s just a bridge too far for the modern DNC.

This year's national convention theme should be the Titanic where everybody just moves deck chairs around the floor.

I’m skeptical Trump could count backwards by 7s. He’s really stupid.
As Jon Stewart was railing against Biden he did make a good point about Trump, we already know he's a lying sack of shit and nobody cares, the bar was definitely set higher for Biden. Also, even if it were to take him a month to drop, the fact that the party cannot find another candidate 3 months out is beyond ridiculous and says way more about our long drawn out never ending election season than anything else.

I have shat my last pair of pants. The party can do what it wants, I’m content with Biden. Of course, if it’s someone else, I’ll likely be content with them too, but I’ve still not really seen any evidence he’s incapable of doing the job, all these reports coming out are exactly what I pictured back in 2020 when people were deciding if he was too old or not. Democrats kept waiting for someone to take charge instead of speaking up… and they either stayed home during the primary or voted for Biden. That said, in all these reports of his mental blips, I’ve not seen concern he’s actually incapable of doing the job.

It all seems like panick to me. I get it, dems want to lead and not be seen like Trumpers, but it all seems overblown to me. You can have Newsom/Harris on the ticket and you’re going to shift some independents who may be fine with Biden who think a California dem ticket is too liberal. I don’t know, too tired to care at this point. I will be the Biden Herdfan 😂

I have shat my last pair of pants. The party can do what it wants, I’m content with Biden. Of course, if it’s someone else, I’ll likely be content with them too, but I’ve still not really seen any evidence he’s incapable of doing the job, all these reports coming out are exactly what I pictured back in 2020 when people were deciding if he was too old or not. Democrats kept waiting for someone to take charge instead of speaking up… and they either stayed home during the primary or voted for Biden. That said, in all these reports of his mental blips, I’ve not seen concern he’s actually incapable of doing the job.

It all seems like panick to me. I get it, dems want to lead and not be seen like Trumpers, but it all seems overblown to me. You can have Newsom/Harris on the ticket and you’re going to shift some independents who may be fine with Biden who think a California dem ticket is too liberal. I don’t know, too tired to care at this point. I will be the Biden Herdfan 😂

I have near full confidence that any viable interested alternative to Biden was told by the DNC and Biden a long time ago to STFU and wait their turn and they complied. If he drops out and these assumed candidates come forward nobody should be asking why they didn’t seriously enter the race earlier. I just said why. An actual primary with viable candidates didn’t happen. Candidates who had no chance of winning were free to go ahead and not be paid attention to.

I have near full confidence that any viable interested alternative to Biden was told by the DNC and Biden a long time ago to STFU and wait their turn and they complied. If he drops out and these assumed candidates come forward nobody should be asking why they didn’t seriously enter the race earlier. I just said why. An actual primary with viable candidates didn’t happen. Candidates who had no chance of winning were free to go ahead and not be paid attention to.

Could be, but the party can only do so much. I didn’t see a huge public clamoring by democratic voters for an alternative. If the democratic voting public was clear they didn’t want Biden, they’d have booted him too and pushed someone else. He raises a lot of money and money talks.

If people just sit on their hands and then blame the party apparatus when things don’t go their way, don’t expect change.

At some point, people have to realize their vote at the polls do actually matter.

Right, I think many will still vote for him as well. Regardless of that though, the country deserves a better choice than dementia ridden elderly man (no matter how well meaning) and a tyrannical felon. If Biden gets another 4 years it's obvious that he will be incapable of the job, I would frankly be surprised if he made it through the next year without needing round the clock mental care TBH. The fact that he would still get any votes speaks to how much people dislike Trump though, by any standard Biden should be way further behind than he currently is.

TBH, dementia implies more than absent minded, forgetful, or even losing train of thought. Which I do every single day - and the talk of Biden having dementia makes me concerned my daily brain freeze means I’m suffering too! I swear, once per day I stop mid-sentence and say “You know what, I forgot where I was going with that.”

The dude is old - I get the sentiment “we deserve better”… but I really don’t think we do. This is who WE chose. I get it, I really do, but I’m not throwing Biden under the bus for fear of looking like a Biden-version of a MAGA cultist. It’s a very multi-faceted discussion, but I honestly think in a time of fairer political weather, Biden’s aging may have been seen as endearing.

Oh gee, silly me. I was looking for the remote, how could I have wasted my time when a crusty Dorito chip from five years ago was staring me in the face all along.

If there’s a candidate we can get behind, it’s another elderly white guy who looks worse off than Biden with the conspiracies of Trump. Truly the best of both worlds.

I’m in!

I would feel much better if it weren't for the current close polling numbers (trump leading by a few points - a statistical tie, with seven swing states likely determining the outcome), that in comparison trump *appears* robust *optically*, that there's no Plan B to quickly pivot to, that there's one more debate upcoming, and believing another trump presidency would destroy America.

Couldn't watch the video without being logged into an account, okay by me, wouldn't never clicked on a link to that POS had I actually looked at the URL. Not that I doubt Edward Snowden isn't on the side of evil, but that's another story.

I can see Project 2025 taking up the same American consciousness as CRT. Doesn’t help that it’s spokesperson making the media rounds screams white supremacy in a suit. When he says “we’re going to take our country back” we know exactly what he means and he’s not just talking about illegal immigrants.

Listening to the latest Pivot podcast, the first half of which is about the campaign and the likelihood of Biden dropping out. Their guest, a political strategist, believes he will.

Listening to the latest Pivot podcast, the first half of which is about the campaign and the likelihood of Biden dropping out. Their guest, a political strategist, believes he will.

I’ve heard some pretty consistent centrist Biden stans change their tune after the debate performance. And we need to be honest, past behavior is also being more closely analyzed as well as the White House not being transparent about his condition over the years. This isn’t just the debate. People need to stop with the “historical data” garbage. Historical data stopped mattering in 2016.

Back