USA Election 2024

Donald Trump is trying to have his cake and eat it too with Project 25. In a post, he said he knows little of it, thinks some things are good and some are terrible - but wishes them luck.

This guy has no backbone, not really. I have to imagine that is going to piss some of his supporters off.
Trump thrives on praise it is really what he is after. All the dictators know this and businessmen could get the best of him by just praising him. he will do about anything for them. give him money or praise and he is like putty in hand.

The internet is all abuzz about this 13 year rape victim, lots of outrage that it isn't getting covered. Trump's name appeared in the released Epstein documents 69 times, imagine if Biden or Obama were mentioned once. I'm not typically one to go on about media bias but it sure does appear that they only have daggers for Biden right now, I suppose it's because Trump is held to a different standard but it's good to see people rising up, I don't think they'll be able to ignore it for much longer.

I think most are prepared for another Trump presidency at this point.

Biden tells Hill Democrats he won’t step aside amid party drama and “it’s time for it to end’

Biden followed up the letter with a phone interview with MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” show, on which he insisted that “average Democrats” want him to stay in the race and said he was “frustrated” by the calls from party officials for him to step aside.

“They’re big names, but I don’t care what those big names think,” Biden said.

He threw the gauntlet at his critics, saying if they’re serious they ought to “announce for president, challenge me at the convention” or rally behind him against Trump.

The Morning Joe interview was pretty good.

From the AP story, above:

"Biden wrote in the two-page letter that “the question of how to move forward has been well-aired for over a week now. And it’s time for it to end."

For sure on that. Try carefully listening to those around you, Joe. Put your country over yourself for a change.

From the AP story, above:

"Biden wrote in the two-page letter that “the question of how to move forward has been well-aired for over a week now. And it’s time for it to end."

For sure on that. Try carefully listening to those around you, Joe. Put your country over yourself for a change.

The problem is, I’m sure not everyone around him is telling him to leave. Some random dems and maybe a small few higher up are not enough. There’s no groundswell to remove a guy who won every one of his primary races. Whatever they do, they need to act fast, because this in-fighting isn’t going to help, and it’s not going away if Biden steps down.

My biggest concern is voters not turning out because neither candidate is viable, which essentially benefits Trump.

I heard some voters just won’t vote for President after the debate performance if Biden doesn’t get out. They might still show up for all the abortion initiatives being put on the ballot or down ballot races. If Biden stays on the ballot and loses the race that will pretty much flush his legacy down the toilet.

I just don't see any alternate mounting a competitive campaign in the remaining time available.
No one else has been through the MAGA meat grinder, so no telling what would happen.
Which is the greater gamble - Biden holding it together or trying the luck of the draw? I really don't know.

I just don't see any alternate mounting a competitive campaign in the remaining time available.
No one else has been through the MAGA meat grinder, so no telling what would happen.
Which is the greater gamble - Biden holding it together or trying the luck of the draw? I really don't know.

But there is time. Trumpism just has us believing they need to be campaigning for a year+.

Heard an interesting strategy to get Harris off the short list. A Supreme Court justice should be retiring in the next couple years. Maybe get a handshake deal on that should the democrat win the election. Fill that seat with Harris. Put that on the table.

And holding it together for another four years. Though the next 3-4 months is most critical.

Well, it seems a bit funny to me everyone is up in arms four months out when we’ve had at least two years to prepare, more really if you go back to 2020 when Biden got in. It’s not like people didn’t know his age could come up. I’m a bit surprised at the way dems are panicking. Even with his faults, I think he’s a better candidate than Trump, a better president, and I think he can win again.

Right now, republican infighting is beginning over the platform - Trump wants an “abortion is up to the states” message, but the evangelicals want a federal ban.

It’s not all roses on the other side, don’t let them fool you. Trump gets people to the polls, not just the ones who like him,

Well, it seems a bit funny to me everyone is up in arms four months out when we’ve had at least two years to prepare, more really if you go back to 2020 when Biden got in. It’s not like people didn’t know his age could come up. I’m a bit surprised at the way dems are panicking. Even with his faults, I think he’s a better candidate than Trump, a better president, and I think he can win again.

Right now, republican infighting is beginning over the platform - Trump wants an “abortion is up to the states” message, but the evangelicals want a federal ban.

It’s not all roses on the other side, don’t let them fool you. Trump gets people to the polls, not just the ones who like him,
This is a good point, it's not exactly an "October surprise" in June. Had this been the case a few weeks out it would be a lot worse. There's still plenty of time for Trump commit another 2 or 3 felonies between now and November.

My vote for Biden in 2020 was because that’s who democrats picked. My vote this year is because he’s done a damn good job and I have no issues voting for him.

I can play the “what if” game all day. If democrats were serious about electing new blood, they had a lot in 2020. Say what you want about the DNC, but I got to know every candidate well and I picked someone younger, my thought being at the time that if they win, great, but if not, then maybe we’re setting them up for the future.

I still think we’ll see Cory Booker, Mayor Pete, Kamala Harris and others. But right now, I’m firmly with the guy who beat Trump and can do it again.

I don’t care how much enthusiasm and energy Trump has, and if that’s what swindles the masses, fair enough. If they want a sharp dullard rather than a dull axe, I can’t help them.

I hate to say it, but I also can’t take any so-called undecided seriously at this point either, unless they’re trying to decide between RFK and Cornell West.

Last edited:
ONLY giving the assessment when it's against a Democrat is hardly apolitical, it's hyperpartisan and he's never been anything but on this site. Will agree to disagree here but will always call them on it, if they want any sort of credibility they need to look at both sides otherwise it's like watching Fox News segments.

Apparently you haven’t paid any attention to my numerous posts about my assessment of Trump… that he likely had narcissistic personality disorder. Let’s begin with his pre-political career. This is the guy who would call up tabloids pretending to be someone else to give them fake stories. The same guy who had fake magazine covers printed in his office showcasing himself. The same guy who sued a journalist for defamation for “underestimating” his net worth. We can already see this is not healthy individual. Hell, the man can’t speak about himself or something attached to his name without using superlatives.

Fast forward to the 2020 election. Trump objectively loses the election (so much for my MAGA ideology Eric, pretty sure that’s a prerequisite). The question is does Trump know he lost or does he genuinely believe he actually won? Given all the indicators of narcissism, I think it’s possible he thinks he genuinely won. (Note: That in no way “excuses” his behavior- it does not). It doesn’t matter what anyone tells him. He knows better than they do.

In the lead up to Jan 6th, Trump was pounding the war drum of the election being rigged and stolen. A characteristic of a NPD is little insight into how one’s actions affects others. He probably cannot see a connection between his denial campaign and Jan 6th, even if he did not explicitly command the attack on the capital.

So Trump essentially has this false conception of reality where his election is stolen, the courts aren’t agreeing with his accusations of frauds, the votes he claimed “missing” never materialized, his scheme to upend the transfer of power has failed. It’s quickly becoming apparent Trump’s personal conception of reality is not congruent with actual reality… and there’s no way left to reconcile the two. Trump will no longer be president.

The deterioration of a narcissist’s grandiose conception of self into something closer resembling reality and the repetitional blow, cratering of self esteem, etc is called narcissistic collapse. The classic textbook example for what triggers NC is someone losing their job- literally the case with Trump.

In response to this dramatic blow to ones sense of self, the narcissist may become angry, depressed, withdraw from others, become irritable or aggressive (including physically), and/or highly vindictive.

Trump realized his presidency was done and his reality (in his mind) abruptly shattered. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to assume
Trump was relishing in the destruction and chaos he was watching on TV- especially because in his mind the Jan 6 people
were unleashing a level anger he could not. Reportedly numerous people begged him stop the madness, he was withdrawn add ignored them. He allowed the this pandemonium to continue for how long? 90 minutes.

This is despite, cops and protesters (Trumps own supporters) are getting hurt (or killed). Property is being destroyed. Lawmakers and staff are running for their lives. Guys with zip ties snd dangerous Items are wandering about. And the country appears to be falling apart on the world stage. But in what world is that any of that matter to Trump? This is all about him in his mind.

We as a country saw first hand the danger of narcissistic collapse. There was a clear need for him to take control of the situation- any “leader” with a shred of duty would have immediately recognized it was in everyone’s best interest to disperse. It was only in Trumps to allow the chaos to continue

I think it’s quite obvious a man like this should not be let anywhere near the Oval Office. Most politicians have narcissistic traits but NPD is where the narcissism is pathological. There should be no expectation he will act
In anything but his own interest in a crisis. It’s clear he will put himself before public safety and national unity if it’s to his benefit. We can’t risk. There’s endless scenarios of how this could create a disaster.

So IDK what your complaint really is @Eric. I have mentioned this countless times including this very thread. I’m not sure how you delude yourself into believing I never say anything negative about Trump.

Sure, as long as they're attacking the president, and not anyone on this forum directly, it's not a "personal attack". Biden deserves to be defended, as does Trump in some cases to be fair. I'm not asking you to agree with me calling them out or not, I'm just telling you they deserve it and it will happen when I see it. Feel free to press the ignore button on me if it's too personal.

I think you need to ask yourself why you take criticism of Joe Biden- a man I can only assume you have never met, so personally.

Based on your comments, you appearto hyper focus on anything I say amount Biden while completely ignoring anything negative I say about Trump. I can count the number of times I’ve called Trump dangerous, a clown, a buffoon, a criminal, that he deserved his second impeachment; that he should babe resigned after Jan 6th, prosecuted for Jan 6 and election fraud.

You need to to stop “splitting” where you only see people as on one side or the other. You can’t seem to differentiate people who is actually against you and someone who has more diverse thoughts. I

have no problem reconciling my belief that Stormy-Trump case was ludicrous while also feeling Trump’s inaction alone on Jan 6th should be regarded as criminal. I can also believe Trump should be prosecuted for alleged election interference in GA but Fanny Willis blew up the case and is now far too compromised to be involved.

Back