USA Election 2024

What makes him a carpetbagger? He was born and raised in Ohio.

Oh please, you know his story and so does everyone else, we went through this when he carpetbagged his way back home for a senate seat, and threw out everything he had been saying about Trump (he's a danger, unfit, etc.) and now he's the VP pick. Worked out well, there is a lot of room for grifters and carpetbaggers in the modern GOP.

Poor Rubio and Tim Scott, all those deep-tonguing exercise in Trump’s arsehole and only the taste to show for it. Sad!

Nikki Haley will be flip-flopping for the eighth time this month and speaking at the RNC.
Boot licking can't be fun... I am sure he'll make Rubio head of the Hispanic and Latino roundup, and parade him out there as if it was his idea not Trump's.

What could possibly go wrong?

Great 350lb sweaty country bums with chafed legs in Walmart fatigues staring creepily at people going to vote.

I cast my ballot before most of these ragamuffins even get out of bed. I may go late just to see if any of them are there, so I can vote against Trump in their presence.

Fox pulling out the barbs on Trump's VP pick. Surely he will call them off.

8zuwebmvhqcd1.jpeg

Best description of Trump’s VP choice I heard – it’s a royal wedding between MAGA and tech neofascists. If Trump is Hitler then Vance is Putin.

Some of his greatest hits/beliefs off the top of my head - national abortion ban with no exceptions, women as baby factories, end to divorce as we know it, women should stay in abusive relationships, household voting - man of the house makes the decision and each member of the family including the kids gets counted as a vote.

No bump in the polls for Trump taken after the shooting, at least so far.

I still think we're f'd. Especially seeing how trump has changed his demeanor (softer, kinder, humble, etc.) that was on display at the convention yesterday. trump 2.0 going forward, at least until the election?

I still think we're f'd. Especially seeing how trump has changed his demeanor (softer, kinder, humble, etc.) that was on display at the convention yesterday. trump 2.0 going forward, at least until the election?
Can't agree with that, sure a message of unity after being shot but it was short lived. The man won't even contact the family of person murdered behind him, nothing has changed about him and the polls are showing it. Not so say he still won't win but this doesn't seem to have any impact on what existed prior.

nothing has changed about him

For sure on that. It's all a fake facade.

But... for the undecideds in the 6-7 swing states going into the margin of error tie election, trump's fake optics could nudge them over to voting for him. And then he'll be back to his normal self when he wins.

In the meantime... Biden seems to be on a roll confusing Harris as Vice President trump, Zelensky as Putin, etc.

It's a shame this is what Biden has to do at this point, certainly the medial couldn't give a shit about anything Trump says anymore. Good for him for spitting it back into his face like this, that's what it's going to take.

vfilsjhpfvcd1.png

For sure on that. It's all a fake facade.

But... for the undecideds in the 6-7 swing states going into the margin of error tie election, trump's fake optics could nudge them over to voting for him. And then he'll be back to his normal self when he wins.
The polls are literally showing no change on this, can you back it up?

In the meantime... Biden seems to be on a roll confusing Harris as Vice President trump, Zelensky as Putin, etc.
If this is still your only take away, he's clearly lost you. Making more sense why you defend Herdfan so adamantly. ;)

I refuse to accept that — there's too much at stake. As Blutarsky said, "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

IDK if VP debates have been scheduled, but they'll be more consequential than in any previous election cycle because the chance of either VP becoming President in the next four years is relatively high. And Harris will be more than able to hold her own, especially on key issues like abortion.

The polls are literally showing no change on this, can you back it up?

You missed the point. Polls are the same - still a statistical tie. What will *swing* it to Biden or to trump in the election are the election results from the 7 swing states. trump is putting on a new face in order to snag those swing states in order to win the election. Simple. Should he win (and at the moment that could very well happen) trump will go back to what he's always been.

If this is still your only take away, he's clearly lost you. Making more sense why you defend Herdfan so adamantly.

My *only* take away? No, that's just *one* that I happened to mention as it was very obvious; trump very noticeably changing his outward demeanor during the Convention. Which was widely reported on by different networks during the convention.

What does Herdfan have to do with the above? And how does it make more sense?

As an aside, I'm of the opinion anyone should be able to freely voice their observations about the election without retribution or inuendo.

You missed the point. Polls are the same - still a statistical tie. What will *swing* it to Biden or to trump in the election are the election results from the 7 swing states. trump is putting on a new face in order to snag those swing states in order to win the election. Simple. Should he win (and at the moment that could very well happen) trump will go back to what he's always been.
Yes, we agree and this is exactly what I am saying. This shooting has shown no noticeable shift for Trump, this was my point.

My *only* take away? No, that's just *one* that I happened to mention as it was very obvious; trump very noticeably changing his outward demeanor during the Convention. Which was widely reported on by different networks during the convention.

What does Herdfan have to do with the above? And how does it make more sense?

As an aside, I'm of the opinion anyone should be able to freely voice their observations about the election without retribution or inuendo.
Yes, you've incessantly taken Biden to task for the memory gaffes far more than you have Trump for lying or anything else since the debate, not sure why you would deny that. My point is it aligns with Herdfan and it makes sense that you feed off of each other.

Yes, you've incessantly taken Biden to task for the memory gaffes far more than you have Trump for lying or anything else since the debate, not sure why you would deny that. My point is it aligns with Herdfan and it makes sense that you feed off of each other.

I mention it because I don't want trump to win. Period. Biden's very noticeable decline over the last two years, and accelerating over the last few months is something that can cause trump to win. How can that be ameliorated? By Biden graciously stepping down and letting a more robust dem candidate step in, so that that trump won't be President next year. We've been talking about that on the forum for many weeks now, speculating who could step in.

I mention that often because time is running out (has actually ran out).

We all know trump lies as effortlessly as people breathe. Do I really need to join the chorus a certain number of times per day/week to satisfy some kind of forum loyalty test, that trump is an existential danger to US democracy?

Back