What’s on TV?

Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Anyone else notice this new thing shows are doing called Crossover Events. Take a show like NCIS where there are multiple versions. We watched one where a story started on NCIS, then continued on NCIS: Hawaii and then NCIS: LA. FBI and The Rookie are doing it as well.

I figure they do it to force people to try the other shows, but I tried the other shows and don't watch them because I don't like them. That one girl on FBI International is obnoxious and we don't want to watch it, but are forced to if we want to know how the story that started on FBI turns out.

:(

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Anyone else notice this new thing shows are doing called Crossover Events. Take a show like NCIS where there are multiple versions. We watched one where a story started on NCIS, then continued on NCIS: Hawaii and then NCIS: LA. FBI and The Rookie are doing it as well.

I figure they do it to force people to try the other shows, but I tried the other shows and don't watch them because I don't like them. That one girl on FBI International is obnoxious and we don't want to watch it, but are forced to if we want to know how the story that started on FBI turns out.

:(
There’s actually much older examples than even this one I’m linking.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

There’s actually much older examples than even this one I’m linking.
They started off with simple spinoffs. I'm thinking back to All in the Family and the Jeffersons. But once you had shows that were connected, they couldn't help these crossover events. Some of them are small, some are not so small. I particularly dislike them when I don't watch the spinoff they're connecting with.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just watched the first two episodes of a new Peacock series, “Mrs. Davis.”

1682042760514.png

So far it reminds me a little of the first few seasons of “Preacher” before they jumped the shark. I’ll continue to see where it goes.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
The Diplomat on Netflix is quite entertaining. I’m 5 episodes in and getting better as it goes.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
John Mulaney’s new Netflix special was really great. Its duration is 1:20 so I initially rolled my eyes but it flew by.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
47196CD2-5B7D-4FE9-A071-2B51DAE0A1D7.jpeg

Manifest (2018-2023) Netflix- I started this back in 2018, thought it was good, but then I read that it had been cancelled and the story was not resolved, stopped watching. Much later, I heard it has revived, picked up by Neflicks, and there was a Season 4, but looking on my TV app, it looks like the last half of Season 4 does not air until June2023, is this accurate?

Anyway, started at the beginning, loving it again! :D

Plot for anyone not familiar: A plane takes off from the Caribbean flying to NYC, and it lands 5 years later. Outstanding mysterious premise! I like Lost too. :D Longer seasons and refreshing in that this show is actually filmed in the US City that they claim the story takes place in. 😊

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
One of our favorite series, Succession, ended its run last night. Finales are tough to do well, but I think they nailed it.
For awhile, it looked as if the three sibs were on the same page, and Kendall was going to get what he wanted: succeed Logan as CEO and screw Mattson while doing it. But it was not to be when Shiv voted to sell to GoJo instead of sticking with the plan. Up to that point, I didn't quite expect Kendall's wish to be fulfilled so easily, but I didn't think it would be Shiv who'd prevent it. I believe she was right when she told her brother he couldn't do the job, as was Rome when he said they were "all nothing."

The ending made the scene in Caroline's kitchen all the more poignant as Kendall, Rome, and Shiv clowned around, maybe for the last time.

Bonus points to Greg for thinking to use the translator app to learn Mattson was about to screw Shiv over.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
John Mulaney’s new Netflix special was really great. Its duration is 1:20 so I initially rolled my eyes but it flew by.

My daughter absolutely loves him. Have you ever seen Brad Williams?

Back OT,

Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan Season 4 is set for a June 30th release. This surprised me since it took so long to release S3.

Amazon Prime.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
So Apple + has really pissed off Ted Lasso fans.

It had been dropping at 9 EST all season, but for the finale', it won't drop until 9 PST. So all those people who set up viewing parties for Tuesday night, won't have anything to watch. :eek:

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
So Apple + has really pissed off Ted Lasso fans.

It had been dropping at 9 EST all season, but for the finale', it won't drop until 9 PST. So all those people who set up viewing parties for Tuesday night, won't have anything to watch. :eek:
I wasn’t planning on watching it until tomorrow anyway, but that’s just dirty.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
One of our favorite series, Succession, ended its run last night. Finales are tough to do well, but I think they nailed it.
For awhile, it looked as if the three sibs were on the same page, and Kendall was going to get what he wanted: succeed Logan as CEO and screw Mattson while doing it. But it was not to be when Shiv voted to sell to GoJo instead of sticking with the plan. Up to that point, I didn't quite expect Kendall's wish to be fulfilled so easily, but I didn't think it would be Shiv who'd prevent it. I believe she was right when she told her brother he couldn't do the job, as was Rome when he said they were "all nothing."

The ending made the scene in Caroline's kitchen all the more poignant as Kendall, Rome, and Shiv clowned around, maybe for the last time.

Bonus points to Greg for thinking to use the translator app to learn Mattson was about to screw Shiv over.
That show didn’t have a bad episode that I remember. I’ll miss it.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I was searching for a new show to try out:
  • 1st- Citadel (spy Netflix 2023)- the opening over the top fight on a train turned me off.
  • 2nd- Fubar (spy Netflix 2023)- So Arnold S. is an actor? 🤔 Pretty bad in his old age.
  • 3rd-The Recruit (spy kinda Netflix 2023)- New lawyer who works for the CIA gets in over his head. Winner! So far….2 episodes. Some aspect are a little implausible, but my SOD has not yet been broken, After the first 2 maybe I’m desperate! :)

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I wrapped up Ted Lasso. The last season wasn't awesome, but I enjoyed the finale because I care about the characters.

Leaving London to go back to Kansas just makes me sad. Also, not wrapping up the Roy/Keeley/Jamie triangle makes me wonder if they'll indeed spin this show off.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I wrapped up Ted Lasso. The last season wasn't awesome, but I enjoyed the finale because I care about the characters.

Leaving London to go back to Kansas just makes me sad. Also, not wrapping up the Roy/Keeley/Jamie triangle makes me wonder if they'll indeed spin this show off.
Replying to your spoiler. I think they wrapped up that little triangle in a neat little package.

The finale was great. I’m going to miss the characters.

Top Bottom
1 2