What’s On Your Mind?

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
My friend has passed away a couple of hours ago.

Despite my strong desire to yell “I told you so!!! Why didn’t you listen?” I will actually cherish the memories of how she took me many many years ago - when I was nothing more than a brand new immigrant and not yet a citizen and with not much clue of the land around me - and introduced me to local political and social action, which ultimately led me to look for a job in government, a job that now love and makes me give back what I can to our community.

May she Rest In Peace, sure that upon reaching the pearly gates she engaged in a vivid, yet honest political discussion with St Peter.

I am sorry for your loss.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
My friend has passed away a couple of hours ago.

Despite my strong desire to yell “I told you so!!! Why didn’t you listen?” I will actually cherish the memories of how she took me many many years ago - when I was nothing more than a brand new immigrant and not yet a citizen and with not much clue of the land around me - and introduced me to local political and social action, which ultimately led me to look for a job in government, a job that now love and makes me give back what I can to our community.

May she Rest In Peace, sure that upon reaching the pearly gates she engaged in a vivid, yet honest political discussion with St Peter.
What a shame, so sorry to hear this. :( All we can do is use cases like this to educate anyone on the fence. I know I'm hard on them on this site but in real life when I meet anyone refusing it I just diplomatically and positively encourage, we can't berate people into it. Who knows, you may make a difference to someone and there's no harm in trying. 🤷‍♂️

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
Snowed in, both kids with colds, and I somehow also have some home office work to do.

Well what can you do but make the best of it anyway. [emoji846]

jonblatho

Power User
Reaction score
A bit of a rant, I guess: It strikes me that The Other Place disabled comments on an article about Apple’s homepage update to commemorate the holiday today. A post that shouldn’t be all that controversial — sure, perhaps some criticism over a megacorporation hawking justice — gets the “too controversial for comments” stamp.

Amazing what years of inconsistent and/or incompetent moderation will do, since who in their right mind doesn’t share King’s ideals? A post like that should, if absolutely nothing else, be an excellent honeypot to ban the most vile forum posters…but no.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
RIP Marvin Lee Aday aka Meatloaf

Well I now read he was an anti-vaxx, anti-mask, pro-Drumpher, denied climate science ... so I guess YERMV ... Art vs. Artist ... etc.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
FFS ...

Also saw this:

Anderson died at a hospital in Las Vegas of complications from cancer, said Glenn Schwartz, his longtime publicist. Anderson had a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Schwartz said previously.

Loved Louie!

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
FFS ...

Also saw this:

Loved Louie!
Always liked Louie. A true friend of many other comedians. Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall told the hilarious story of having to have a "token" white character in "Coming to America" in order for it to be made. Louie was an instant choice because he was so likable.

ericwn

Site Champ
Reaction score
A bit of a rant, I guess: It strikes me that The Other Place disabled comments on an article about Apple’s homepage update to commemorate the holiday today. A post that shouldn’t be all that controversial — sure, perhaps some criticism over a megacorporation hawking justice — gets the “too controversial for comments” stamp.

Amazing what years of inconsistent and/or incompetent moderation will do, since who in their right mind doesn’t share King’s ideals? A post like that should, if absolutely nothing else, be an excellent honeypot to ban the most vile forum posters…but no.

Yup kinda sad when folks can’t even agree to his ideals.

Ulenspiegel

διπλωμάτης
Reaction score
If you were born to be cool, it starts at this age:

funny-moments-between-parents-and-their-kids-caught-on-camera-276527.jpg

funny-moments-between-parents-and-their-kids-caught-on-camera-206527.jpg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Listening is a such lost art.

People are just waiting to talk, and when they do, it's often not even a response to the conversation, they're in their own head . Seriously, I've been pretty effective in life and business by shutting the fuck up, listening intently, giving the other person/people some cues that I'm engaged, and when I speak, giving the communication some room to breath.

It's just astounding. I'm experiencing it right now.

Top Bottom
1 2