What’s On Your Mind?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I want a new replacement for this T-shirt! In the realm of T shirt color, khaki is one of my favorites plus I love this icon. I wonder if I reproduce the icon, how much it would be to get a shirt made? Probably too much.

CA1BD36E-E538-4185-B3A9-7A90A192095C.jpeg
large on back

0CCDB6A0-3C52-4420-A015-F6F559B42411.jpeg
small on left breast​

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I want a new replacement for this T-shirt! In the realm of T shirt color, khaki is one of my favorites plus I love this icon. I wonder if I reproduce the icon, how much it would be to get a shirt made? Probably too much.

View attachment 3720
large on back

View attachment 3719
small on left breast​
If you can reproduce the icon, it can be printed on thermal transfer paper and ironed onto a t-shirt.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

View attachment 3720
large on back

View attachment 3719
small on left breast​

Smokin' Joes ... *snicker*

The guy next to us at our place in The Keys was involved in, ummm, "transportation", he's definitely still involved in consumption if my nose reading correctly :D

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Books, booze, bins.....oh, that was yesterday.

Coffee, online meetings, online orders, online conversations.

What a strange life we lead, these days.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Why do things have to be so difficult? Two days just to install a screen door. And my husband’s niece wants to talk religion - but only her religion and doesn’t understand why I insist that the Bible and the Old Testament are two different books.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Why do things have to be so difficult? Two days just to install a screen door. And my husband’s niece wants to talk religion - but only her religion and doesn’t understand why I insist that the Bible and the Old Testament are two different books.

In my experience, people who want to "talk religion" tend to want to talk at you about religion, rather than talk to you, or talk about (as in, discuss) religion with you.

Religion seems to give rise to an unnerving and deeply unsettling and very adamant certainty in one's perspective.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
In my experience, people who want to "talk religion" tend to want to talk at you about religion, rather than talk to you, or talk about (as in, discuss) religion with you.

Religion seems to give rise to an unnerving and deeply unsettling and very adamant certainty in one's perspective.
And she’s an ultra conspiracy theorist so I generally don’t want to talk about anything serious with her!

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Is she an Old Testament kind of gal? ;)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m sick of talking to US based companies and speaking with someone in the Far East or other places East. Today that would be Suddenlink, my cable company who called me today from India. Yes, I have grumbled about this before. I see $$ in someone’s pocket. Here is the my point , Corporations are Nationless when profits are involved. I don’t insist on agreement.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Sometimes I hate those... because there is the light “just check the box” and then the hardcore, clickon 2 pages of images. the latter really bugs me when I’m logged into the site.

Yeah and if you mess up and check off a bicycle as being a motorcycle then they throw up a new page of way grainier images and ask you to pick out the buses or trucks and they all look the same. Sadists!

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
You have a dentist you love for her dental charms, how she caresses your gums and teeth. :) Then how do you break it to her son or her, the inspiring new practicing dentist needs to practise his needle work (application of anesthesis)?

With the Mom this was the first dentist I have attended where there was literally zero pain with the needle, based on previous application of topical anesthesia. You know when they say you’ll notice a pinch, there is zero with her, and more than a pinch with him. I could tolerate it, but it was still uncomfortable, she has spoiled me. I finished a crown up today and considered discussing it, but I did not want to embarrass him in front of his assistant. Or how does a dentist practise on the job without good feedback? Maybe I’ll get his email and contact him that way... or next time, just ask for Mom To do the crown?

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
You have a dentist you love for her dental charms, how she caresses your gums and teeth. :) Then how do you break it to her son or her, the inspiring new practicing dentist needs to practise his needle work (application of anesthesis)?

With the Mom this was the first dentist I have attended where there was literally zero pain with the needle, based on previous application of topical anesthesia. You know when they say you’ll notice a pinch, there is zero with her, and more than a pinch with him. I could tolerate it, but it was still uncomfortable, she has spoiled me. I finished a crown up today and considered discussing it, but I did not want to embarrass him in front of his assistant. Or how does a dentist practise on the job without good feedback? Maybe I’ll get his email and contact him that way... or next time, just ask for Mom To do the crown?

I'll offer the same advice as I did in The Other Place.

My father loved his dentist - having described a previous dentist (a snob and a sadist) as "a butcher" - because he was (and is) a lovely guy, with progressive political views, but, above all, because he is exceptionally competent and has "gentle hands".

In fact, the entire family - meaning my mother and myself - also ended up with this chap, and think him wonderful, professionally and personally.

Anyway, to reiterate my earlier advice: Ask Mom to do the crown, and remind them that you are Mom's patient, - and would prefer Mom to continue to treat you for as long as she remains with the practice - not the son's, even though it is a family practice.

Then, if you feel uncomfortable raising the fact that the son needs to refine his needle-work, with Mom, or her son, (perhaps by email), check out (by word of mouth, phone, email etc) - seek soundings - about other dentists in the area with "gentle hands", so that you may have a fall back position when Mom finally decides to retire, if her son's needle work hasn't improved by then.

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll offer the same advice as I did in The Other Place.

My father loved his dentist - having described a previous dentist (a snob and a sadist) as "a butcher" - because he was (and is) a lovely guy, with progressive political views, but, above all, because he is exceptionally competent and has "gentle hands".

In fact, the entire family - meaning my mother and myself - also ended up with this chap, and think him wonderful, professionally and personally.

Anyway, to reiterate my earlier advice: Ask Mom to do the crown, and remind them that you are Mom's patient, - and would prefer Mom to continue to treat you for as long as she remains with the oractice - not the son's, even though it is a family practice.

Then, if you feel uncomfortable raising the fact that the son needs to refine his needle-work, with Mom, or her son, (perhaps by email), check out (by word of mouth, phone, email etc) - seek soundings - about other dentists with "gentle hands", so that you may have a fall back position when Mom finally decides to retire, if her son's needle work hasn't improved by then.
Thanks for the advice! :)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I did not want to start a new mask thread...
Visited, drove to Tulsa, Ok, from Houston last weekend to see a friend. Out in rural America no masks, maybe 5-10%. Here in the Houston suburbs., despite “mask required” signs I’m seeing 10-20% non-compliance. I guess masks are over? I felt an urge to tell the manager of the grocery store if they are not going to enforce, take the signs down.

Last edited:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Visited, drove to Tulsa, Ok, from Houston last weekend to see a friend. Out in rural America no masks, maybe 5-10%. Here in the Houston suburbs., despite “mask required” signs I’m seeing 10-20% non-compliance. I guess masks are over? I felt an urge to tell the manager of the grocery store if they are not going to enforce, take the signs down.

Yeah, when I went into Taco Libre for "to go" on Wednesday, the staff was all wearing them, I was, like 5-6 other people and the balance of people standing around, none.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
One could argue that masks never even started in those places. There was never full compliance in my rural areas either, but when you go to San Francisco literally every person is wearing one and taking this thing seriously, as a result they currently have less than 15 COVID hospitalizations right now. Masks work, period.

Top Bottom
1 2