What are you doing today?

03F04C85-8974-4B2D-8954-3671AD22AD1F.jpeg

drinks w friends from medschool.

Went again to church yesterday and taught a friend (same friend that convinced me to go to her church) to drive stick. She was pretty familiar with how since she drove a dump truck on a farm 6 years ago. Fast learner and impressive technique for an hour's worth of driving around.

Visited the farmers' market where I treated myself to olives (black Moroccan, and anchovy stuffed olives), olive oil, salami, sundried tomatoes, vegetables (aubergines, courgettes, carrots, onions, garlic, peppers, French onions, chard, salad greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, new potatoes), fruit (oranges, lemons, greengages, pears, and plums), fillet steak, (from the meat stall - the fishmongers are on holiday and have been away for the past fortnight, as is the honey stall).

The French bakery (I had phoned them yesterday) had kept some baguette and rye bread for me, and I also paid a visit to the cheesemonger's.

And, while there, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and purchased Gorgonzola Dolcelatte, Bleu d'Auvergne, Valdeon Blue, Delice de Bourgogne, Camembert Rustique, La Serena, Torta del Casar, Garrotxa, Cashel Blue Mature, Gruyere Reserve, and aged Goat's cheese (Gouda).

Last edited:
Another fun day on our second, and last day of our "long weekend" getaway. Drove to Athens, Ohio a

Not sure of it is still there, but the Kroger in Athens had an in-store chippery. Basically they made potato chips on site. They reminded me a little bit of Charles Chips from my childhood.

Daughter swam pretty regularly at the OU pool, so we always stocked up to take some home.

Went again to church yesterday and taught a friend (same friend that convinced me to go to her church) to drive stick. She was pretty familiar with how since she drove a dump truck on a farm 6 years ago. Fast learner and impressive technique for an hour's worth of driving around.
Everyone drives stick here. Its the natural way to drive a car. On the rare occasions I'm driving an automatic, I never know what to do with my other foot.

Visited the farmers' market where I treated myself to olives (black Moroccan, and anchovy stuffed olives), olive oil, salami, sundried tomatoes, vegetables (aubergines, courgettes, carrots, onions, garlic, peppers, French onions, chard, salad greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, new potatoes), fruit (oranges, lemons, greengages, pears, and plums), fillet steak, (from the meat stall - the fishmongers are on holiday and have been away for the past fortnight, as is the honey stall).

The French bakery (I had phoned them yesterday) had kept some baguette and rye bread for me, and I also paid a visit to the cheesemonger's.

And, while there, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and purchased Gorgonzola Dolcelatte, Bleu d'Auvergne, Valdeon Blue, Delice de Bourgogne, Camebert Rustique, La Serena, Torta del Casar, Garrotxa, Cashel Blue Mature, Gruyere Reserve, and aged Goat's cheese (Gouda).
Wow! Thats a lot of cheese! Are you a mouse? 🪤🐁

Here it was gardening (weeding) and a walk that turned into a run due to the rain.

Everyone drives stick here. Its the natural way to drive a car. On the rare occasions I'm driving an automatic, I never know what to do with my other foot.

Just pretend the clutch is still there, and slam your foot into the floorboard whenever you feel like you need to change the imaginary gears. That's what I'd do.

All these years since I've driven a stick shift car and every now and then I catch myself pressing an invisible clutch pedal with one foot!! Yep, just what Renzatic says!!! I'll bet if I were to get into a car with stick shift now that although I might have a stumble or two that it wouldn't take long to feel wonderfully familiar and comfortable again! Trouble is that this area is just too darned congested to make driving with a stick shift as much fun as it is meant to be.....

I usually kangaroo for the first minute or two until I remember I'm not dipping the clutch, but hitting the brake and accelerator together!
Eons ago I was given a cheapo Corolla rental (wasn't my choice) working down in Cape Town. After several years driving my Rover 623 GSi Automatic (man, I loved that car!), I'd forgotten the manual gear principles of 'slow down, clutch, change gears!' and damn near caused an accident coming off the N1 in the city as the car came to an almost standstill with a BMW right on my ass.

Never forgot again!

I discovered something today that shocked me to the very core of my being. Something that was seemingly obvious, but didn't occur to me until now, while I was debating on where to eat.

Quesadillas are just Mexican calzones.

It is a truth undeniable. Everyone should know.

Wow! Thats a lot of cheese! Are you a mouse? 🪤🐁

Here it was gardening (weeding) and a walk that turned into a run due to the rain.

Most were small helpings, but the cheeseboard is amply supplied (especially when served with French bread).

Besides, some days, I will have cheese for breakfast, with fruit and coffee.

Actually, cheese and eggs (and yes, well, butter, too) are the main reasons why I will never become vegan; I have some sympathy for the vegetarian position (though I'm not one), but could never conceive of wanting to become vegan.

we registered for the portland bridge ride where they shut down traffic so you can ride you bike on portland bridges with no cars. there are 9 bridges. we are doing 8 because we didn't to want to get up at 5 to get that first one. When I went to register I had no clue it would be so expensive 80.00 forth of us and free tee shirts for the first 7500. we bought bike greens too that got the total to 180 ouch. the money goes to help poor and and such people with medical issues so its a good thing.

IMG_3116.jpeg

Back