What are you doing today?

Trying to take some vacation but my job isn't having any of it, it's only my first day and spent the entire afternoon working on a contract. Flex time (unlimited vacation) is a joke, I've had 3 weeks in 3 years and none of it where they weren't pestering me the entire time. I would much rather take mandatory PTO any day.
I have mandatory PTO - 5 weeks worth...finally got to take my first 2 days of it this year the other week.

Dog knows when I can next grab a window. Sadly it's kinda on me - my boss has never said no to any time I've asked for, and I've followed suit with my team.

At least I'm kinda addicted to my job and I get to pretty much decide my work in a day by day basis. This does make it harder to take a vacation because I like pottering around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that may be a lot harder in the near future.

I love animals, but bacon, dammit.

On the plus side, we've not reached mass factory farming of Warthogs yet, have we? I sense possibilities....

Oh wow, little G got bumped up to even more advanced classes (vs. our previous discussions with the staff), AP/Honors Biology, AP/Honors Geometry, no Honors options for ELA/History, but in the highest option (just AP). Two of the classes are high school credit (she's in 8th grade).
Yea, she’s gotta go to Neace next year.

Today the plan is to go to the store and get a fresh box of cheap wine. I’ve been using it to help me sleep since it’s legal and cheaper than edibles.

I love animals, but bacon, dammit.

On the plus side, we've not reached mass factory farming of Warthogs yet, have we? I sense possibilities....
That would be barbaric, who in their right mind would eat that? Have you no pride?

The best bacon is wild!
1E2C2CBB-7A12-4802-BD3A-5B76E005463C.jpeg

Yea, she’s gotta go to Neace next year.

Today the plan is to go to the store and get a fresh box of cheap wine. I’ve been using it to help me sleep since it’s legal and cheaper than edibles.

LOL. Then you are not going to the right place. ;)

Although in Alabama, not sure where that place would be. :eek:

Trying to take some vacation but my job isn't having any of it, it's only my first day and spent the entire afternoon working on a contract. Flex time (unlimited vacation) is a joke, I've had 3 weeks in 3 years and none of it where they weren't pestering me the entire time. I would much rather take mandatory PTO any day.
I've given up even trying to book any. Whats the point? Its not like I'll get the time off. 18 days left to take this year.

I have mandatory PTO - 5 weeks worth...finally got to take my first 2 days of it this year the other week.

Dog knows when I can next grab a window. Sadly it's kinda on me - my boss has never said no to any time I've asked for, and I've followed suit with my team.

At least I'm kinda addicted to my job and I get to pretty much decide my work in a day by day basis. This does make it harder to take a vacation because I like pottering around.
Whats PTO?

I've given up even trying to book any. Whats the point? Its not like I'll get the time off. 18 days left to take this year.
I've made a decision to simply not open my emails for the rest of the week and turned off notifications.Today alone the icon badge is showing 63 unread emails but I'm sticking to my guns, I'll pay a price next week but it is what it is.

Well, I had no idea.

And, what does Paid Time On mean?

Something remotely akin to statutory paid annual leave?
I was being my usual British sarcastic. You'll have to forgive me m'dear. I've spent way too long out here among the rednecks and other colonials to sometimes remember what's a British phrase and what's an American.

PTO is Paid Time Off - I was being sarcastic given I seem to take so very little of it - a malady I had pondered if our dear friend, @Apple fanboy, also suffered from...

PTO is kind of the catch all term for vacation, sick time, "personal day", whatever, any time not working, but still receiving comp.

Back