COVID Stupid

covid is good about sticking it to the deniers.

Unfortunately unless it ends up with a lot of them taking a dirt nap it's not going to have much sway on their voters. I could be wrong, but I don't think I've seen any infected Republican come back with "I was wrong. We need to take this more seriously." after experiencing it first hand.

Texas Governor Abbott has it. He was vaccinated, but what is astounding is the silence from the head of the State government as hospital ICUs once again fill up. This is all politics and keeping the stupid voting for you, while they die...because... they're stupid, giving leadership great latitude to seal their death warrants with impunity. 👀

The deniers just don't seem to consider others may suffer as well, and that effect on them

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1428386787794243585/
Was he vaccinated? If not, I might spare a tear for them, while knowing the less of this type of human being around, the better chance for the species. Yes, that's harsh, but looking at our specie's survival challenges with open eyes. Yeah, I'll buy a gun to protect myself, but don't ask me to inconvenience myself with a shot and a mask. it's fucking tragic and... stupid.

Was he vaccinated? If not, I might spare a tear for them, while knowing the less of this type of human being around, the better chance for the species. Yes, that's harsh, but looking at our specie's survival challenges with open eyes. Yeah, I'll buy a gun to protect myself, but don't ask me to inconvenience myself with a shot and a mask. it's fucking tragic and... stupid.
From the article linked to:
Sara Walsh told KRCG at the time that she and her husband had not been vaccinated against the coronavirus.

In another article I read while researching I believe they stated they hadn't gotten it for a reason

Neither of the Walshes were vaccinated against COVID-19. Sara Walsh said she chose not to get vaccinated because the vaccine has not been fully approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and she was worried about the risk factors.

For those who've been using the lack of FDA approval as reason to NOT get the vaccine, if it does get FDA approval it may lead to something they dislike more.

In another article I read while researching I believe they stated they hadn't gotten it for a reason

For those who've been using the lack of FDA approval as reason to NOT get the vaccine, if it does get FDA approval it may lead to something they dislike more.

"It saddens my heart to share that this morning my best friend and beloved husband Steve Walsh was welcomed to Heaven’s glory into the arms of Jesus Christ his Lord and Savior," she wrote.

Her statement stopped just short of thanking Jesus for making her husband’s death possible.

And the risk factor of not getting the vaccine, maybe this has finally registered with some people After they lose someone. This is after a billion (great many) people have been vaccinated and protected. 👀

"It saddens my heart to share that this morning my best friend and beloved husband Steve Walsh was welcomed to Heaven’s glory into the arms of Jesus Christ his Lord and Savior," she wrote.

Her statement stopped just short of thanking Jesus for making her husband’s death possible.
We all have the joy of looking forward to the rapture, or is it the epiphany, of being a dumb shit, burning in Hell, or maybe oblivion and not being able to realize what a sucker you were? But they had this good hit of Jesus Joy while it lasted. :unsure:

We all have the joy of looking forward to the rapture, or is it the epiphany, of being a dumb shit, burning in Hell, or maybe oblivion and not being able to realize what a sucker you were? But they had this good hit of Jesus Joy while it lasted. :unsure:

We have yet to know what the afterlife reward is for worshiping Trump, although many are finding out.

God did give us the intelligence to make masks, if it's to help keep ourselves alive.

You know, I was talking about this the other day, same type of fanatic as you posted, and in this case the person was an EMT. Their take was vaccinations are "against god's will", etc., they picked up a woman with extreme Covid symptoms, so even in face of what it does, won't get vaccinated.

Here's the thing, I'm sure that EMT has saved people, shown up at car wrecks, all sorts of accidents - why even bother if it's all up to god? Don't they recognize they're actually intervening, that if god is involved in the equation, he's given people the desire to help and pursue education and skills to be the mechanism, here on earth, that saves lives?

Isn't resuscitating someone after a heart attack, doing the same? Changing the outcome?

It doesn't even make sense in the context of their own faith.

Back