Musk offers to buy Twitter

He’s rapidly becoming the Giuliani of tech. There seems to be an epidemic of once respected people who can’t help but to have their legacy circle the toilet bowl.
He'll just force all credible sources off of his platform, it's surprising that more haven't left after he threatened to take over the NPR and have others post on their behalf.

I also think it speaks to the need for another real time posting platform news outlets that's neutral and not run by a Nazi-minded idealists.

Oh boy, he really isn’t smart
Seems like irony impairment. Joe the President's approval rating is very slightly better than CFSG's was around the same time (and CFSG was working with an economy built up by Obama rather than one put through the R-shredder). If low approval ratings indicate a stolen election, what was 2016?

He'll just force all credible sources off of his platform, it's surprising that more haven't left after he threatened to take over the NPR and have others post on their behalf.

I also think it speaks to the need for another real time posting platform news outlets that's neutral and not run by a Nazi-minded idealists.

The whole thing is absurd. There’s no reason Musk should have bought Twitter other than his ego and money/connections said he could. None. It’s not like he didn’t already have enough on his plate, theoretically. This helps to dispel the myth that the super wealthy are busy working hard to earn their money. Look at what Musk was supposedly doing on paper and myth and yet had the time to take on running Twitter.

Apparently Ron Desantis is going to announce his presidential run on Twitter with Elon Musk:

This could easily go in the other thread about DeSantis

This guy is trolling Musk with his own words and it's hilarious.

Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 6.53.54 AM.png

Apparently the Twitter Space that was meant to launch Ron DeSantis’ presidential aspirations has been a hilarious disaster. Elon just good at launching things it turns out:

It did eventually work but the content was … uhhh … not great:

Last edited:
Sounds like they're still in the tank for Trump.

Twitter withdraws from EU disinformation code​

Twitter exited the voluntary European Union's Code of Practice on Disinformation, the bloc's Internal Market Commissioner Thierry Breton said.

"Twitter leaves EU voluntary Code of Practice against disinformation. But obligations remain," Breton said on his Twitter account late on Friday.

Twitter will qualify as a "Very large online platform," requiring the company to address harmful content and submit annual risk assessments to the commission.

Okay, for fun I am setting up a parody account where I will bust on the MAGgots.

Just wow, I had no idea how right wing looney they've become. Here is what you are greeted with when you sign up (new browser, IP, new account, etc. they don't know me from jack).

Go go twitter.com and you are greeted with Elon's account.
Sign up and choose your likes (Music, books, etc and I just chose books) then click Next to get to the suggested accounts, in the top 5 you have:
Elon Musk
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Lauren Boebert
NEWSMAX
Dinesh D'Souza

I shit you not. It's a total right wing shit hole over there with Elon promoting it at every turn.

Okay, for fun I am setting up a parody account where I will bust on the MAGgots.

Just wow, I had no idea how right wing looney they've become. Here is what you are greeted with when you sign up (new browser, IP, new account, etc. they don't know me from jack).

Go go twitter.com and you are greeted with Elon's account.
Sign up and choose your likes (Music, books, etc and I just chose books) then click Next to get to the suggested accounts, in the top 5 you have:
Elon Musk
Marjorie Taylor Greene
Lauren Boebert
NEWSMAX
Dinesh D'Souza

I shit you not. It's a total right wing shit hole over there with Elon promoting it at every turn.
Yup

Back