Musk offers to buy Twitter

"Eye roll" doesn't quite express the right "I'm so done" attitude I have with Musk.
The only way this will change is if media organizations leave the platform. Musk (and Republicans in general) are anti NPR and will always stifle their freedom of speech on his own platform.

1725127119917.png

I thought this guy was a genius?

97a315946fmd1.jpeg

Elon Musk suggests support for replacing democracy with government of ‘high-status males’​

The theory, written by an anonymous user, suggests that the only people able to think freely are “high [testostrone] alpha males” and “aneurotypical people”, and that these “high status males” should run a “Republic” that is “only for those who are free to think.”

“People who can’t defend themselves physically (women and low T men) parse information through a consensus filter as a safety mechanism,” the post reads.

Looks at Musk …. riiiiiiiiiight

I'm "aneurotypical" and I don't care if the rest of you agree with my conclusions or not. Therefore I'm able to put this theory through my "is this true?" filter.

According to their side, they have the alphas. Yet I only ever see our side asking "is it true?". Their side accepts whatever nonsense they throw at them.

Having run that through my "is it true?" filter, I'm calling this one horse poo.

I'm "aneurotypical" and I don't care if the rest of you agree with my conclusions or not. Therefore I'm able to put this theory through my "is this true?" filter.

According to their side, they have the alphas. Yet I only ever see our side asking "is it true?". Their side accepts whatever nonsense they throw at them.

Having run that through my "is it true?" filter, I'm calling this one horse poo.

I think the whole “high-status males” concept is nonsense to begin with, and tend to dismiss it out of hand rather than engage with it. It’s a bull**** idea based off of a mis-interpretation of an animal behavior study. And suddenly you’ve got a bunch of people using it to mentally masturbate their way to “the commoners are beneath me because it’s their place” aristocratic thinking. It’s just a new(-ish) spin on an old and tired argument.

Different species have different approaches for building and maintaining social groups, if they do so at all. Humans with our complex language have made how we organize our social structures part of the cultural fabric. One that can diverge, evolve, and change over fairly short time scales. Anyone trying to say that there’s a “natural” reason for someone to be held above another deserves to be laughed out of the room, IMO.

To be fair China will displace millions to build whatever they think is necessary but on the other hand they get things done so you have to give them that. We're too busy watching both parties fight each other to actually do something as audacious as building a high speed railroad that benefits the people.

To be fair China will displace millions to build whatever they think is necessary but on the other hand they get things done so you have to give them that. We're too busy watching both parties fight each other to actually do something as audacious as building a high speed railroad that benefits the people.
Aye and the California project had issues but Musk certainly went out of his way to help kill it. Even before his perfidy became more public, his commitment to the environment was only ever skin deep - whatever made him money and got him accolades. At first that was enough, until it wasn’t.

Also because Trump couldn’t remember Elon and is in general too incoherent, his new name is Leon and has been forever. So from now on it’s Leon Musk who’s got nothing on Tim Apple.

But fuck me Biden was too old. Oh and Leon heading a government commission? Great ... (also one that already exists, so duplicating effort in order to improve efficiency, love it)

Back