Musk offers to buy Twitter

No, I think that’s too much effort for him.

I think it’s just the fact that 40% of the population or so feels a generalized sense of grievances stemming from disappointment that their unearned societal privileges are being chipped away at. They’ll vote for anyone or anything that promises to hurt people - like school kids picking on the weak to raise their own stature.
Case in point: 🤮

1671467523022.jpeg

This is absolutely nauseating.

Btw, I find it remarkable that every time I open Twitter I either see this Kim fella or some weird lady who talks about how Elon is protecting children or the "not murderer" Kyle on how Elon is a champion of free speech. I never followed these people or clicked on their tweets. Why do I keep seeing them instead of people I follow?

This is absolutely nauseating.

Btw, I find it remarkable that every time I open Twitter I either see this Kim fella or some weird lady who talks about how Elon is protecting children or the "not murderer" Kyle on how Elon is a champion of free speech. I never followed these people or clicked on their tweets. Why do I keep seeing them instead of people I follow?
I’ve heard that if you set your “home” to timeline instead of the algorithm one it eliminates a lot of these problems. You can also set thing to hide muted or blocked accounts when you search.

Re: the Elon poll, I was reading many tweets from those who felt if they voted "yes", they would be banned. Considering how off the chain he has been, I refrained for this very reason.

Re: the Elon poll, I was reading many tweets from those who felt if they voted "yes", they would be banned. Considering how off the chain he has been, I refrained for this very reason.
I hesitated to vote yes for the same thought. However when I thought about it a second time, losing my twitter account didn't seem like a world ending situation... Clicked Yes!

I hesitated to vote yes for the same thought. However when I thought about it a second time, losing my twitter account didn't seem like a world ending situation... Clicked Yes!
I'm sure most here will agree with you. I'm probably the last hold out, lol.

I think Musk was well aware Twitter would go nowhere under his leadership and will result in an implosion. I interpret this as just an act to save face with him stepping down, which is what has to happen for Twitter to have any chance of surviving in any meaningful way. He knew very well what the results would be.

That said, it’s silly to think that him stepping down will prevent him from pulling the strings. At least there might be a buffer of sensibility between him and stupid decisions being made.

Musk will really be Twitter-destructive if he bans people just for voting YES on that poll... the lean towards YES winning was immediate, so if he wants to keep the lights on at Twitter he needs minimize losses from the existing user base in case he or a successor CEO can think of a way to monetize the base.

I'd expect him to continue to ban members only when they're somewhat high profile and manage to tick him off... maybe especially if some tweet goes viral in a surprising way and he doesn't notice it immediately because they weren't high profile initially.

Musk will really be Twitter-destructive if he bans people just for voting YES on that poll... the lean towards YES winning was immediate, so if he wants to keep the lights on at Twitter he needs minimize losses from the existing user base in case he or a successor CEO can think of a way to monetize the base.

I'd expect him to continue to ban members only when they're somewhat high profile and manage to tick him off... maybe especially if some tweet goes viral in a surprising way and he doesn't notice it immediately because they weren't high profile initially.
I think that it is more likely that the "yes" voters emails will be somehow "hacked" and leaked. Only the ones who voted "yes", mind you,

Tesla stock is stuck in its worst sell-off since the company went public in 2010​

• Shares of Tesla are down 62% since their peak in November 2021, marking the company's largest drawdown since it went public in 2010.
  • That sell-off is worse than the 60.6% plunge Tesla saw in February to March 2020, per data compiled by Yahoo.
  • Elon Musk has drawn ire for his Twitter antics, which many Tesla investors see as a distraction.

Tesla stock is stuck in its worst sell-off since the company went public in 2010​

• Shares of Tesla are down 62% since their peak in November 2021, marking the company's largest drawdown since it went public in 2010.
  • That sell-off is worse than the 60.6% plunge Tesla saw in February to March 2020, per data compiled by Yahoo.
  • Elon Musk has drawn ire for his Twitter antics, which many Tesla investors see as a distraction.

This is exactly why he has to step back from mucking around with Twitter.

Back