Musk offers to buy Twitter

Fun watching the meltdown.

MAGA 2 hours ago: He's winning hahaha!

MAGA Now: It's bots!

Fun watching the meltdown.

MAGA 2 hours ago: He's winning hahaha!

MAGA Now: It's bots!
If you look at the vast majority of replies to the poll, you can see why Musk is confused. He is surrounded by an all-encompassing mob of people who think that hate speech is nothing more than a woke left wing construct and that everything Musk has done has been perfect,

If you look at the vast majority of replies to the poll, you can see why Musk is confused. He is surrounded by an all-encompassing mob of people who think that hate speech is nothing more than a woke left wing construct and that everything Musk has done has been perfect,
Some of the smarter ones are trying the “all you ‘yes’ people realize nothing will change” line as though we couldn’t figure it out that he’ll still control Twitter. Of course they’re doing that as a salve because in idolatry of a leader even the appearance of a ‘defeat’ is anathema. They want Musk and Musk-ism to not only happen to Twitter but be popular - proof that this sort of toxic environment is what everyone really wanted, not just online, but in America. That it’s not has got to hurt.

And hell this result is after he drove a lot of people out.

1671427370226.png

Respectfully telling him he’s ruining everything…

Tweets from Twitter Support detailing the policy banning users from posting to other social networks has been removed. There's now no mention of that policy anywhere.

The word is that he's all but abandoned them while selling stock to cover his Twitter losses. To be fair though when you're serial tweeting for 20 hours a day you really don't have time to properly run any company.
Yup … but as I’ve said before and I’ll again, Tesla (and SpaceX) have probably never run smoother. Heck in that quote, Elon says Tesla are executing better than ever! I’ll bet that’s not even BS for once! Precisely because they don’t have to deal with his normal BS day-to-day anymore. 🙂

I bet the result hurt his ego, even if he is happy to have an “out”.

Too bad no timeframe for stepping down was specified 😆
Nor the terms, @Cmaier called this one IMO, it gives him an out to get back to his failings but in the end he'll still have full control and his finger on the ban hammer. This probably won't change much.

You don't think that he did that to himself? Probably had code installed to reduce visibility of replies to that poll where the author of the reply had voted YES in the poll. If he wants to step back as CEO, then he doesn't care about poll results swinging hard to YES, but I'm not sure he'd want everyone to find it easy to read user-supplied reasons for a YES vote.

You don't think that he did that to himself? Probably had code installed to reduce visibility of replies to that poll where the author of the reply had voted YES in the poll. If he wants to step back as CEO, then he doesn't care about poll results swinging hard to YES, but I'm not sure he'd want everyone to find it easy to read user-supplied reasons for a YES vote.
I think he put all of 30 seconds of thought into that tweet, Elon is not a man who thinks things through.

No, I think that’s too much effort for him.

I think it’s just the fact that 40% of the population or so feels a generalized sense of grievances stemming from disappointment that their unearned societal privileges are being chipped away at. They’ll vote for anyone or anything that promises to hurt people - like school kids picking on the weak to raise their own stature.

Back