Musk offers to buy Twitter

The full exchange is even funnier/scarier.

514C2667-7F4B-4F7C-AEEE-958326B6AF68.jpeg

Fox News, not TheOnion...

Elon Musk should remain Twitter CEO to keep up the free speech fight​

Twitter CEO Elon Musk has exposed how our law enforcement agencies worked with Twitter to censor free speech. He should not walk away now​

As far as I can see, no.

Only thing I think Musk has said past indicating he'd accept the results of the poll is that "No one wants the job," which is likely true. I mean they'd be reporting to Musk, so... not everyone would relish that idea. Especially if unsure whether Musk even really means it. Taking off a hat marked "CEO" is not necessarily the same as actually delegating control.

Only thing I think Musk has said past indicating he'd accept the results of the poll is that "No one wants the job," which is likely true. I mean they'd be reporting to Musk, so... not everyone would relish that idea. Especially if unsure whether Musk even really means it. Taking off a hat marked "CEO" is not necessarily the same as actually delegating control.
“No one wants the job who can actually keep Twitter alive.”

Could anyone do that?

So deep state fraud rigged the vote to stop the incumbent from winning. I swear I’ve heard this one before …

(Edit: and the parallels are even more striking: claiming vote rigging to stay in control of an organization which they are clearly unfit to run, making deeply polarizing, erratic, unwise decisions that merely self harm said organization, tarnishing the brand of “genius billionaire” built on a throne of lies, etc … there’s a reason he could take over that cult)

Last edited:
“No one wants the job who can actually keep Twitter alive.”

Could anyone do that?

Not by time he's done. Still not clear to me that any of what he's done is more than a weird sort of dog-in-manger inversion, i.e. "I didn't want it but ya made me buy it so I did and when I'm done with it, that'll show you!" 🥴😵‍💫😵

Well, if apartheid-dude does not allow the new CEO a hiring budget, what would be the difference?

Cosmetics. Don't give the NO-voters in that poll too much credit for brainpower.

The problem though is that a move like that won't assuage concerns of Tesla shareholders or Twitter stakeholders.

Back