SCOTUS Rulings

We have an ethics crisis of critical proportions in the financial sector, so we have to divert a lot of funds to the SEC to handle it. To do so, we find it necessary to transfer funding from Treasury, which will be done by greatly reducing what is currently being allocated to the Secret Service and moving the agents to highest priority assignments.

Gonna go out on a limb and guess that the DOJ will drop their case, this ruling has surgically and deliberately gutted it.

Jeffries is getting a lot if shit in his comments after posting this.
But I agree with his voice of sanity.

hakeem scotus.jpeg

Gonna go out on a limb and guess that the DOJ will drop their case, this ruling has surgically and deliberately gutted it.

I don’t know.

Was holding a rally an official duty?

While I don’t think the government was about to fall as some of you all do, I also find it hard to believe that it was an official duty.

I don’t know.

Was holding a rally an official duty?

While I don’t think the government was about to fall as some of you all do, I also find it hard to believe that it was an official duty.
I think the biggest issue they'll have is the court ruled that they cannot look at motive, how can the DOJ possibly try him without the ability to show motive? I would ask that of any criminal trial, it's as if the court carved this out perfectly to fit this specific case. Maybe @Cmaier can throw his two cents in here but this seems like a major blow to the DOJ's case.

Republicans will freak but I say do your worst, there is really nothing to lose at this point, the Conservatives on this court are 100% corrupt.

• Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said she'd file impeachment articles against Supreme Court justices.
  • The congresswoman cast the move as an effort to "defend our nation" from "authoritarian capture."
  • It came after the court handed former President Donald Trump a win in his immunity case.

Anyone who supports or votes for Trump wants a dictatorship to happen. There‘s no longer any defense (hasn’t been for years, really).
I think Dems need to grow a spine and start fighting back, it's never been their strength but that's why Republicans always walk all over them. Now their stacked court is giving them a blank check, the catch is that the election hasn't happened yet.

I say use this new found power against them through "official" executive actions and let the courts hammer those out for the next several years while Biden lives out his years. There's literally nothing left to lose at this point, the SCOTUS is the most disliked and untrusted it's ever been according to every poll out there, so the public will have your back as well.

Anyone who supports or votes for Trump wants a dictatorship to happen. There‘s no longer any defense (hasn’t been for years, really).

Many of his supporters - especially the ones who are eleven eggs short of a dozen - will flat-out tell you they're perfectly fine with that.

The first instinct I had about Trump as president is “this man has a simpleton’s idea of the presidency and wants to be a king.”

Nothing he has done has changed that view. Trump really does want to be Putin, and the courts seem to be paving the road for him.

While I don’t think the government was about to fall as some of you all do

We're all fortunate in the sense that the rioters were unprepared, and the whole ordeal was badly planned, but if they did succeed in getting to congress before they were evacuated, well...

...it wouldn't have been good.

I think the biggest issue they'll have is the court ruled that they cannot look at motive, how can the DOJ possibly try him without the ability to show motive? I would ask that of any criminal trial, it's as if the court carved this out perfectly to fit this specific case. Maybe @Cmaier can throw his two cents in here but this seems like a major blow to the DOJ's case.
I believe what they actually said is you can;t look at motive for official acts. Most of what is alleged against him has nothing to do with official acts.

This is not too different than what we all thought the law was, though it raises questions. If he accepts bribes to pardon someone, can you not look at the motive for the pardon? Not entirely clear, because there are also other acts required (i.e. accepting payment). Anyway, seriously, this ruling does not appear to be that extraordinary, though it definitely tilts slightly toward trump.

but if they did succeed in getting to congress before they were evacuated, well...

...it wouldn't have been good.

I will give you that. No telling what could have happened.

But I still don’t believe that the Government of the United States of America was anywhere close to falling.

But I still don’t believe that the Government of the United States of America was anywhere close to falling.

It wouldn't have outright fallen immediately, but if the mob managed to get in, started killing some senators, threatening to kill more if they didn't reinstate Trump as rightful president...

At the very least, it would have been the sparking point for a civil war.

Though in the end, all we did was delay the inevitable. I think we're just a couple of years away from one anyway, regardless of who becomes president in 5 months.

Or maybe merely a stubborn refusal to see reality for what it is.
It seems like this is the case for most Republicans. It will be interesting to see if this shifts the polls though, along with overturning Roe v Wade they've lost the trust of most rational people. The only thing that's going to put an end to it will be the people voting.

It seems like this is the case for most Republicans. It will be interesting to see if this shifts the polls though, along with overturning Roe v Wade they've lost the trust of most rational people. The only thing that's going to put an end to it will be the people voting.

It astounds me republicans think this is a win. It’s not like republicans don’t fight amongst themselves… Mike Pence may get tried for treason after all.

Back