SCOTUS Rulings

It astounds me republicans think this is a win. It’s not like republicans don’t fight amongst themselves… Mike Pence may get tried for treason after all.
I can see why they see it as a win, to them he did nothing wrong and they love the idea of him being above the law. You just have to wonder how well it will play out in during the election, especially down ballot where they've been more nervous about losing votes. I guess time will tell.

It seems like this is the case for most Republicans. It will be interesting to see if this shifts the polls though, along with overturning Roe v Wade they've lost the trust of most rational people. The only thing that's going to put an end to it will be the people voting.

I'm of the opinion that it won't matter. Not because voters want a dictator for a president, but because we've never had to face a credible threat to our republic from within, so it's nearly an unimaginable reality to us.

"Yeah, I think he's kinda crazy, but Biden's too old, and I do like his tax plans..."

The Supreme Court is campaigning for Biden as far as I’m concerned.

Clarence Thomas is working very hard to pull up the ladder, ensuring he’s the last black man to hold his kind of power. They’ll be coming for the conservative lady judge next, wondering why she’s not at home with her family.

I would ask Herdfan if he thinks Trump is above making not certifying an election for a democrat part of the deal for the job, but we already know Trump is not above it, and I doubt I’ll get an answer.

cc549v2tzz9d1.png

I previously mentioned the Reichsermächtigungsgesetz.
What a lot of people forget is the fact that the constitution of the Weimar Republic was officially active until the end of WWII. All it took was this single law to turn it into a fascist dictatorship.

Those who don't remember history are doomed to repeat it...

EDIT:
I recently heard that the Supreme Court isn't mentioned in the constitution, and it only exist because of the interpretation of one individual (whose name I unfortunately forgot).
Who is stopping any future president to get rid off the Supreme Court under this premise?

Last edited:
I recently heard that the Supreme Court isn't mentioned in the constitution, and it only exist because of the interpretation of one individual (whose name I unfortunately forgot).
Article III § 1
The judicial power of the United States shall be vested in one supreme Court, and in such inferior courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The judges, both of the supreme and inferior courts, shall hold their offices during good behavior

Note that "supreme" is not capitalized (the original document was hand-written, ; using a quill pen, so the text is kind of muddy), and the court's function and process are not defined. Congress could, in theory, enact a statute that would require supreme court decisions to be decided by a jury of citizens, and it would be constitutional.

(That last part seems to be somewhat problematic. No part of the Constitution, AFAICT, mentions a mechanism for removing judges/justices – we merely assume that that must be impeachment.)

Last edited:
except only they will steal an election so they are fine. they are fine with Trump stealing it they support Trump.

Well, they aren't being shy about it, so people can't feign ignorance when a Trump admin refuses to certify an election of someone they didn't endorse. Or worse, go for a third term. I would not be surprised if this supreme court makes a case for it.

Funny part is, it was panicked Republicans who pushed for 22A back in the '40s. Now, Agent Orange will simply try to dispose of elections and hang on as long as he possibly can.
in his health that wont be long but other minions will take over. but they are not any smarter then he is, he prefers them dumb and loyal.

All I can say is as one who was ready to give up on this election I will now be fighting for Biden even if he's hanging on his last ounce of memory loss. If they wanted to embolden Democrats they've made the right move.
Biden is the man. His policies speak for themselves as Trump’s policies speak for him. I’ll assume we are making our premises based on adult, Informed, aware logical people, actual supporters of our constitution which are the majority. We don’t need a new Democratic nominee for President.
If my premise is wrong and across America we’re mostly dealing with STUPID then there’s a strong argument that we deserve the coming shit show. 🔥🤔

Based on this ruling, the president would have absolute immunity involving all official acts. Overthrowing an election stealing classified documents are not official by any means. He should be hammered for this, no two ways about it.

However, we’re faced with a broken bad SCOTUS who can twist rules any which way it wants, so if Donald Trump actually had a political opponent murdered, he could argue that it was for the sake of the country and this Supreme Court could conceivably grant him that that was an official act as commander-in-chief.

And there’s no guarantee that the Supreme Court will be consistent. They could be willy-nilly hypocrites, on how they approach what’s official and what’s not, especially if Biden did it and then “oh well, he was out of bounds”.

So for President Biden, based on this ruling I suggest that he’d have Trump arrested as treasonous and that he suspend the Supreme Court, dispatch law-enforcement to apprehend all conservative justices, and take them into custody for violating the constitution and he could call it an official act. “I’m protecting the country and the constitution from fascist elements, trying to undermine the country and the constitution”.

Now think about it, Biden is very unlikely to do this. But now put Trump in his place. He’d fucking do it in a heartbeat, If he thought he could get away with it if he had the supreme court, backing him. My best guess is that SCOTUS would bend over backwards to accommodate him. You might ask if there’s a bridge too far and I say in this climate it’s doubtful.

Based on this ruling, the president would have absolute immunity involving all official acts. Overthrowing an election stealing classified documents are not official by any means. He should be hammered for this, no two ways about it.

However, we’re faced with a broken bad SCOTUS who can twist rules any which way it wants, so if Donald Trump actually had a political opponent murdered, he could argue that it was for the sake of the country and this Supreme Court could conceivably grant him that that was an official act as commander-in-chief.

And there’s no guarantee that the Supreme Court will be consistent. They could be willy-nilly hypocrites, on how they approach what’s official and what’s not, especially if Biden did it and then “oh well, he was out of bounds”.

So for President Biden, based on this ruling I suggest that he’d have Trump arrested as treasonous and that he suspend the Supreme Court, dispatch law-enforcement to apprehend all conservative justices, and take them into custody for violating the constitution and he could call it an official act. “I’m protecting the country and the constitution from fascist elements, trying to undermine the country and the constitution”.

Now think about it, Biden is very unlikely to do this. But now put Trump in his place. He’d fucking do it in a heartbeat, If he thought he could get away with it if he had the supreme court, backing him. My best guess is that SCOTUS would bend over backwards to accommodate him. You might ask if there’s a bridge too far and I say in this climate it’s doubtful.

I’d like to think this is a way to make prosecution harder for anything but clear illegality - it’s why I was never in favor of calling Bush a war criminal, despite the clear missteps.

The problem is, the almost tailored it to Trump’s cases.

It looks like a way to force every such case back up to the Supreme Court, where they will get to decide what is or isn’t official. I don’t know.

I don’t think it’s quite the doomsday ruling it’s been presented as, but it’s also not good and is essentially an abdication of duty.

Back