So I got Covid šŸ˜’

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I suspect that the ā€natural medicineā€ group is much smaller than the Trump idiots who really donā€™t have a stand on medicine other than their masters steered them away from it with their manufactured political intrigue.

View attachment 10985
Typical Trump supporter and their political leadership
The sheep: I ā¤ļø U!
I want to hear more about the liberals who reject man made medicine. Not implying they donā€™t exist. Found this:

The Role of Political Ideology

It would appear that reluctance to vaccinate oneā€™s children is connected to a number of specific beliefs that have circulated in popular culture [14]. In addition to various types of social pressures [15], receptivity to skeptical beliefs may be linked to underlying motivational orientations, such as distrust of scientific or governmental authorities as well as corporate actors, such as pharmaceutical companies and health insurance agencies. Taken in conjunction, these considerations suggest that certain motivated belief systems, such as religious [4] and political ideologies [16], may exaggerateā€”or, in other cases, attenuateā€”skepticism about the importance of vaccinating children.

Further evidence of problems with a certain politically oriented group having problems with vaccines, and no this is not a natural medicine, and yes this was because we donā€™t trust scientists, but they were pushing ingesting horse wormer instead of a scientific approved vaccibe made forā€¦ humans because some half assed conservative suggested it?

Now I am not claiming there are no ā€œnatural Medicine liberalsā€ but I honestly suspect that until something can be shown contrary, that most of the ā€œnatural medicine believersā€ by a large margins woukd be conservatives based on the previous article.

Related:

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
For some reason using the term 'joints' made me giggle.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Even more preposterous is that he has publicly admitted that he had the booster shot after being fully vaccinated and has even called out fellow GOP politicians to be stop being wusses and publicly disclose their vaccination status. I am not even sure how a Trump supporter could be against vaccines at this point in time, unless they are complete imbeciles...

If the shoe fits, I guess.
Bingo, this is pick and choose to the extreme, just be sure you support the Head POS Anarchist, because he is the only mad man with his hair on fire that we got, no other right wing loser can sling shit like he canā€¦

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I hate suppositions. If Hillary had a better candidate Mango would have never held the presidency hostage. Hell, she would have beat an wholly inexperienced candidate with a funny sounding name in 2008.

The truth is that Mango was a horrible, clueless motherfucker that screwed up the response to an emerging Pandemic and ultimate lost bigly.
The country is not totally populated with Trump dummies. He let his lying/ manipulation get the better of him as if he canā€™t control those impulses.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I hate suppositions. If Hillary had a better candidate Mango would have never held the presidency hostage. Hell, she would have beat an wholly inexperienced candidate with a funny sounding name in 2008.

The truth is that Mango was a horrible, clueless motherfucker that screwed up the response to an emerging Pandemic and ultimate lost bigly.
Ronn, Iā€™m not used to hearing Jesus talk that way. šŸ˜˜

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
So what do they do for the brownies? :unsure:
If you take a handful of raw weed, put it in a tightly* closed container and put it in the toaster oven at 250Ā° for about an hour, you get stoneyweed. There is also a way to cook it in oil, which I think may be more complicated. So, with brownies, I believe you just put the raw weed into the batter and cooking it at baking temps does the job.

*if the container is not tightly closed, or you open it too soon after taking it out, you will think you are sharing your house with a family of skunks

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
I suspect that the ā€natural medicineā€ group is much smaller than the Trump idiots who really donā€™t have a stand on medicine other than their masters steered them away from it with their manufactured political intrigue.

View attachment 10985
Typical Trump supporter and their political leadership
The sheep: I ā¤ļø U!

I would say for adults currently itā€™s largely the right wing making up most of the unvaccinated. But prior to COVID the natural medicine people were much more prevalent with vaccines, but many of them have since changed their minds- at least for themselves with COVID. Thatā€™s why we were seeing outbreaks of things like Whooping cough in affluent blue neighborhoods among children. Not long ago childrenā€™s vaccination rates in wealthy LA neighborhoods were worse than South Sudan. There has always been the anti-vax right wing religious folks, but theyā€™re usually a small faction. The natural medicine movement has really exploded in the past decade or so. Weirdly though, things have been turned upside down with COVID.

It will be interesting to see what happens with childrenā€™s COVID vaccinations. Right now the rates arenā€™t so great. In the 5-11 age group, vaccines have been available for 2 months. Nationally only 17% are fully vaccinated, but varies widely- only 5% in Mississippi and 19% in California, but 48% in Vermont. In Canada, the rate is 2%.

I find the whole natural medicine movement very annoying. Itā€™s far often untrained people taking treatment into their own hands based on blog posts without any professional oversight. They donā€™t effectively treat their condition which then deteriorates putting them in a precarious position that could have likely been entirely avoided had they used evidence based medicine- as well as the massive hospital bill.

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
We will never know what would have happened, thatā€™s true. I hope he either doesnā€™t run in 2024 or if he does run, that he loses.
All I can say is his handling of the pandemic is what really woke me up to what a terrible person he is all around. Yes I voted for him in 2016 and deeply regret that. The way he dealt with the pandemic was a total shit show.
I'm convinced he'll run unless he's incapable of running.
Unfortunately I get the same feeling. Iā€™ve heard some people say they donā€˜t think Biden would be able to beat him again. If that is the case I hope the Democrats can come up with a strong candidate. Another term of that oversized Cheeto would destroy this country.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
I want to hear more about the liberals who reject man made medicine. Not implying they donā€™t exist. Found this:

The Role of Political Ideology

It would appear that reluctance to vaccinate oneā€™s children is connected to a number of specific beliefs that have circulated in popular culture [14]. In addition to various types of social pressures [15], receptivity to skeptical beliefs may be linked to underlying motivational orientations, such as distrust of scientific or governmental authorities as well as corporate actors, such as pharmaceutical companies and health insurance agencies. Taken in conjunction, these considerations suggest that certain motivated belief systems, such as religious [4] and political ideologies [16], may exaggerateā€”or, in other cases, attenuateā€”skepticism about the importance of vaccinating children.

Further evidence of problems with a certain politically oriented group having problems with vaccines, and no this is not a natural medicine, and yes this was because we donā€™t trust scientists, but they were pushing ingesting horse wormer instead of a scientific approved vaccibe made forā€¦ humans because some half assed conservative suggested it?

Now I am not claiming there are no ā€œnatural Medicine liberalsā€ but I honestly suspect that until something can be shown contrary, that most of the ā€œnatural medicine believersā€ by a large margins woukd be conservatives based on the previous article.

Related:

Hereā€™s a good summary of it:

And letā€™s not forget the Green Party endorsed homeopathy in 2016. Homeopathy by definition is pseudoscience.

California had such dwindling vaccination rates by ~2014 they had to put laws in place to mandate vaccinations. After that vaccinations rebounded, but following that there was a huge increase in exemptions.

That said, not all natural products are snake oils, but very few have evidence to support their use. Those that do work usually either require many doses per day, have more side effects, interact with other drugs or health conditions, and/or are not as effective.

Thatā€™s not to say every liberal believes in this stuff. Just like not every religious conservative believes solely depends on faith healing. The majority of Americans left and right believe in conventional, evidence based medicine. But you do have these factions on both ends of the spectrum that donā€™t.

But there are unfortunately a lot of people who oppose pharmaceuticals in favor of natural products. Anyone who works in healthcare has to deal with these people.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Hereā€™s a good summary of it:

And letā€™s not forget the Green Party endorsed homeopathy in 2016. Homeopathy by definition is pseudoscience.

Thatā€™s not to say every liberal believes in this stuff.
Do you know what percentage of the vote the Green Party got in 2020? 0.26% And for some reason you think you need to clarify that ā€œnot every liberalā€ believes it. Trying to impose the belief of a tiny, 1/4 of a percent party onto ā€œnot every liberalā€ vs a belief proudly and loudly held by millions in the Republican Party is absolutely ludicrous.

You whiffed so hard on this attempted ā€œboth sidesā€ pitch that your bat went over the green monster in left field.

U

User.45

Do you know what percentage of the vote the Green Party got in 2020? 0.26% And for some reason you think you need to clarify that ā€œnot every liberalā€ believes it. Trying to impose the belief of a tiny, 1/4 of a percent party onto ā€œnot every liberalā€ vs a belief proudly and loudly held by millions in the Republican Party is absolutely ludicrous.

You whiffed so hard on this attempted ā€œboth sidesā€ pitch that your bat went over the green monster in left field.
I generally like to give credit and understanding to both sides, but since Trump, we really reached an era where "bothsiding" is a clear fallacy.

2019:
1642125520963.png

2021:
1642125648586.png

There was an attempt to blame black people. Interestingly, the risk factor adjusted COVID mortality rate of blacks is lower than that of whites. Well if we are playing the blame game...

Yoused

up
Reaction score
And letā€™s not forget the Green Party endorsed homeopathy in 2016. Homeopathy by definition is pseudoscience. ā€¦ That said, not all natural products are snake oils, but very few have evidence to support their use.
Homeopathy has absolutely no relationship to "natural medicine". The former is utter nonsense. The latter is poorly grounded but still has infinitely more merit than homeopathy, which has none ā€” you might as well just pray.

I do have some issues with pharma, though. It seems to take the position that this or that compound will fix anything, and doctors seem to be all too quick to prescribe the pill that pays them the most to promote it.

U

User.45

I do have some issues with pharma, though. It seems to take the position that this or that compound will fix anything, and doctors seem to be all too quick to prescribe the pill that pays them the most to promote it.
Did I miss the money train somewhere. Never gotten kickbacks for prescribing anything. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Yoused

up
Reaction score
Did I miss the money train somewhere. Never gotten kickbacks for prescribing anything. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...
Apparently so. I mean you could be some Turkish guy who makes truckloads of money selling "cures" on Oprah and so prominent that you might be running for US Senate in a state that you have only ever visited.

But here you are, hanging out with ā€“ ugh ā€“ people. Gotta do something about your ethics, man. They are holding you back.

Top Bottom
1 2