Texas

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
...and to tag on to @JayMysteri0 's post with more of the delusional cray.
What crack are these people smoking?

1635895804053.png

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1455679278146899980/

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I just saw another post about Ted Cruz in the COVID stupid thread, but I am gonna make another Cruz post anyway. Here’s his genius secession plan from Texas, which involves installing Joe Rogan as President.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Beto O'Rourke announced he's running for Governor of Texas. Yee Haw. Lets get it!
I sickly fascinated to see what Abbott tries to conjure up now.

He's got a primary challenge from an even bigger nut in Alan West, and Beto is popular.

Both of those things make for some serious desperation down the road.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
I sickly fascinated to see what Abbott tries to conjure up now.

He's got a primary challenge from an even bigger nut in Alan West, and Beto is popular.

Both of those things make for some serious desperation down the road.
It appears the Abbott campaign was waiting for Beto to make it official. They already had ads running tying him to Biden. And while holding a press conference announcing a Dem switching to the GQP, Abbott responded to Beto's announcement. They'll play up Beto's ill-advised anti-gun rants a sickening amount of times, but they'll need much more than that. I'm sure anti-CRT ads are being polished (can you really polish turds?), ready to air any second.

Not sure he'll beat Abbott, but hoping he'll get Dem voters out and help Dems downstream in the face of extreme gerrymandering that tilts the playing even more to the GQP.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Gavin Newsom calls for bill modeled on Texas abortion ban to crack down on gun manufacturers

California Gov. Gavin Newsom said Saturday he will push for a new law modeled on Texas’ abortion ban that would let private citizens sue anyone who makes or sells assault weapons or ghost guns.

Unlike the Texas abortion law, conservatives will scream bloody murder about this.

Well played, governor!

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Gavin Newsom calls for bill modeled on Texas abortion ban to crack down on gun manufacturers

Unlike the Texas abortion law, conservatives will scream bloody murder about this.

Well played, governor!

I will bet you one million dollars that if the law passes, the Supreme Court WILL put a stay in place, unlike with the Texas abortion law. Because the constitution is a joke to them (apparently).

Last edited:

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
The important thing, however, is that if the SC has any sympathy regarding the supposed constitutionality of that whole vigilante-lawsuit thing, this will certainly give them second thoughts.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The important thing, however, is that if the SC has any sympathy regarding the supposed constitutionality of that whole vigilane-lawsuit thing, this will certainly give them second thoughts.
It is obvious that the liberal justices and Justice Roberts see the constitutional problem with a law like the Texas law. The conservative justices are “oh think of all the babies that will LIVE because of this, praise Jesus!”

Ending the filibuster on Supreme Court nominees was a shrewd move by McConnell. That’s how he got a bunch of extreme right-wingers on the court. It also tells you just how stupid Manchin is; he is not a strategic thinker like McConnell. He thinks if he keeps the filibuster, that the Republicans will follow suit if/when they get into power. He is taking the short-term fame route, instead of thinking long-term. Pretty pathetic for the other Democrats to have to deal with somebody like him when they have the chance to do so much good for the country.

Whoops… sorry got a bit off topic. Ok then… Well, speaking of Senators who crave attention, how’s Ted Cruz doing?

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
It is obvious that the liberal justices and Justice Roberts see the constitutional problem with a law like the Texas law. The conservative justices are “oh think of all the babies that will LIVE because of this, praise Jesus!”

Ending the filibuster on Supreme Court nominees was a shrewd move by McConnell. That’s how he got a bunch of extreme right-wingers on the court. It also tells you just how stupid Manchin is; he is not a strategic thinker like McConnell. He thinks if he keeps the filibuster, that the Republicans will follow suit if/when they get into power. He is taking the short-term fame route, instead of thinking long-term. Pretty pathetic for the other Democrats to have to deal with somebody like him when they have the chance to do so much good for the country.

Whoops… sorry got a bit off topic. Ok then… Well, speaking of Senators who crave attention, how’s Ted Cruz doing?
I would disagree on Manchin. I do believe he is thinking long term, but long term based on his own interests. The filibuster when used in the way after it's initial intention, has been a tool to thwart things besides voting rights. That's what Manchin cares about. He sees the filibuster as a regular tool of congress now, that allows the minority from being steamrolled. Like how you see on the state level where 'r' dominated state legislatures are doing things that even disregard things that the citizens of the state ( like non partisan organizations to draft voting precincts fairly, not along party lines ) definitively voted for. For Manchin the filibuster is his ultimate "what about me" card, and no one's taking that away from him ever.

I do keep hearing how dems should be grateful for Manchin because he's likely the only dem who could win in congress in Va. But seriously who gives a fuck at this point? If his interest is solely in what's good for Manchin over the party, he might as well be a 'r', since his voting is just as dependable as a partisan 'r' on things of true importance to the party. Manchin can't even use "country over party" as a shield, because he's shown his own interests trump those of the rest of country. Boot this MFer, and make him the latest 'Joe Lieberman', so he can't stop riding the resources & benefits of the dem party. Want to play "independent" when it personally suits you? Play "independent" 24/7 elsewhere.

The important thing, however, is that if the SC has any sympathy regarding the supposed constitutionality of that whole vigilante-lawsuit thing, this will certainly give them second thoughts.

Sympathy ( or empathy ) is the key word here.

In both cases, you're dealing with entities shielded from the effects their actions or inactions cause. So they imagine themselves ( as some posters like to do in forums ) as objectively seeing something. Which is completely wrong, it's just being an uncaring dick because you won't suffer the consequences of one's actions / inactions. Manchin's voting rights aren't going away. Manchin's lifestyle won't be changed if he gets Build Back Better passed with everything progressives wanted or he whittles it down to the size of a small town school lunch program. Barret was able to raise her seven kids & have a career, so what's the big deal about adoptions? Thomas has always been a partisan sell out asshole.

When shit doesn't affect you, it's a hell of a lot easier to ignore the filth & stench you've left for others.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The filibuster when used in the way after it's initial intention, has been a tool to thwart things besides voting rights. That's what Manchin cares about. He sees the filibuster as a regular tool of congress now, that allows the minority from being steamrolled.
My issue is: does he REALLY think that by keeping the filibuster when Dems are in power, that Mitch will follow suit? Mitch killed the Supreme Court Justice filibuster when it suited him (using Harry Reid’s ending of filibuster for lower court appointments as his excuse). McConnell constantly changed his tune on every Senate rule when it suited him. 10 months before the end of Obama‘s term was “too late” for him to get a Supreme Court justice. 10 days before the end of Trump’s term was NOT too late to have Amy Coney Barrett step over RBG’s corpse.

If Manchin (or any other Democrat) thinks that keeping the filibuster in place when they have power means that Republicans will reciprocate… well I’ve got a bridge to sell them.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
My issue is: does he REALLY think that by keeping the filibuster when Dems are in power, that Mitch will follow suit? Mitch killed the Supreme Court Justice filibuster when it suited him (using Harry Reid’s ending of filibuster for lower court appointments as his excuse). McConnell constantly changed his tune on every Senate rule when it suited him. 10 months before the end of Obama‘s term was “too late” for him to get a Supreme Court justice. 10 days before the end of Trump’s term was NOT too late to have Amy Coney Barrett step over RBG’s corpse.

If Manchin (or any other Democrat) thinks that keeping the filibuster in place when they have power means that Republicans will reciprocate… well I’ve got a bridge to sell them.
Manchin does NOT care!

If muscomitch tosses the filibuster, Manchin will go into his "tormented Jan" performance about it being gone. But with onions the size of basketballs nearby to help with the tears. Manchin, his family, and donors will still be fine & that's what ultimately matters.

I think like muscomitch, Manchin believes true political hacks will keep the filibuster around for their own needs when they are on the wrong side of the political fence. Each side of the selfish prick scale knows that long term the filibuster is best for them. If the country does make it's way into authoritarianism as the 'r's seem to want to go, then musco will see the filibuster's passing as a necessity.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Manchin does NOT care!

If muscomitch tosses the filibuster, Manchin will go into his "tormented Jan" performance about it being gone.

I think like muscomitch, Manchin believes true political hacks will keep the filibuster around for their own needs when they are on the wrong side of the political fence. Each side of the selfish prick scale knows that long term the filibuster is best for them. If the country does make it's way into authoritarianism as the 'r's seem to want to go, then musco will see the filibuster's passing as a necessity.
Agreed. That being said, with the Republicans taking the “government = bad“ position for the past few decades, they probably will keep the filibuster. They are ok with gridlock, so they value the filibuster more than being able to pass an agenda… especially since their agenda is not supported by a majority of Americans.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Texas man convicted of "providing material support to terrorism" for giving money to a friend who wanted to join ISIS. Judge gave him 18 months, Prosecutors appealed pointing out he isn't white. TX Appeal court agrees, gives him 12 years instead

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Texas man convicted of "providing material support to terrorism" for giving money to a friend who wanted to join ISIS. Judge gave him 18 months, Prosecutors appealed pointing out he isn't white. TX Appeal court agrees, gives him 12 years instead
Trump-appointed white judge, member of the Federalist Society.

Meanwhile, we have people who actually COMMITTED TERRORISM at the Capitol not even being charged with terrorism.

Just say it: only Muslims ever get convicted of “terrorism” because that’s what it’s all about.

Anybody that gave money to proud boys should do 12 years in prison too then.

Double standard. You see why the racists insisted on the term “radical Islamic terrorism” because they don’t give 2 shits if white people commit terrorism.

This guy deserves punishment, but he cooperated with prosecutors, under an agreement that they wouldn’t seek a long jail sentence. That was a big fat lie, as they’ve spent a long time appealing sentences until they got a longer one.

Do you think the prosecutors will go through years of appeals to get a longer sentence for the Proud boys conspirator who is cooperating with them with a guilty plea? Hell no.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Texas is abusing its National Guard troops, resulting in 4 recent suicides.

All for a useless mission - “Operation Lone Star." The NG hasn’t helped with any abductions of migrants at the border. It’s all political, and these soldiers are pawns in a political game.

The Texas governor isn’t “pro-life” at all. This blood is on his hands.

Top Bottom
1 2