The 2022 Midterms

There’s going to be a lot of amateur Matlocks out there recording everything and offering it up as “evidence” and “proof” or widespread voter fraud. I’m sure some innocent worker who’s been doing this for decades without incident is suddenly going to face death threats because someone showed Trump a video of them “doing something suspicious”.

We already know it’s a self-fulfilling prophecy with these knuckleheads, so desperate are they to find proof of their fairytales that they will commit the acts they are accusing others of.
Although I gave up being an Election Day Worker, I almost volunteered to be a poll watcher. I suspect that there will be tons of nonsense leading up to and including Election Day. And I won't be surprised by violence as a result of GQP rhetoric. In places with tight/too-close-to-call races or surprise Dem slim wins there whining will be super intense.

Dipshit D'Snoozah must be getting ready for another misinformation "documentary" that right-wingers will lap up as gospel truth.

Although I gave up being an Election Day Worker, I almost volunteered to be a poll watcher. I suspect that there will be tons of nonsense leading up to and including Election Day. And I won't be surprised by violence as a result of GQP rhetoric. In places with tight/too-close-to-call races or surprise Dem slim wins there whining will be super intense.

Dipshit D'Snoozah must be getting ready for another misinformation "documentary" that right-wingers will lap up as gospel truth.

I‘m so happy to now live in a state where every registered voter gets a ballot by mail. You drop it in any mailbox and you get text messages when it is picked up by the postal service, when it is delivered to the elections folks, and when it is counted. No need to worry about MAGA dipshits with guns trying to scare you away from the polling place.

I‘m so happy to now live in a state where every registered voter gets a ballot by mail. You drop it in any mailbox and you get text messages when it is picked up by the postal service, when it is delivered to the elections folks, and when it is counted. No need to worry about MAGA dipshits with guns trying to scare you away from the polling place.
NYS is so ass backwards. You have to request an absentee ballot. And give a reason why. And the tracking is slow, inaccurate and frustrating. I'm hoping that the progressives in the State legislature will correct that in the next session.

NYS is so ass backwards. You have to request an absentee ballot. And give a reason why. And the tracking is slow, inaccurate and frustrating. I'm hoping that the progressives in the State legislature will correct that in the next session.

I voted a few times in NY, and recall it was a pain when I was in college, since my school was up near Albany and i was registered to vote down in Orange County.

I’ve just seen an article about how much Chuck Grassley is kicking his opponents ass in Iowa. So one side definitely doesn’t have an issue supporting old, establishment career politicians.

He’s parroted a lot of MAGA crap at his advanced age, which is why I suppose he’s being kept around. A Trump guy with an elder statesman facade.

Exactly the same in my state. So convenient from start to finish. I love it.

Just a sign of what’s to come… 🙄

Man, do I dread seeing Jim Jordan asking people unserious questions with the fervor of a rabid dog.

There is a difference between me being happy with the results as opposed to me being happy that most of you are unhappy.

I said the former. Some have assumed the latter. 😟

But I think you may be wrong about your analysis of why a majority of people who are voting Republican are doing it. I believe you are at least middle class as is your social circle. You have the luxury of being "against the progressive agenda". The middle class is ever shrinking and if you aren’t part of it (or above) it has more to do with the cost of gas, food, and keeping a roof over your head.

All this angst about election integrity is because of one sociopath, Donald Trump. We now know that it was his strategy all along to claim the election was rigged if he lost. It wasn't due to any actual fraud that he learned of and all his advisors, even including his loyal Attorney General, told him there was none of any significance. Trump even had to claim a distinction between mail-in voting and absentee voting because he himself had used the latter for many years, whereas in practice there is little difference if any in how to qualify for each.

One thing I'll be glad for after election day is the end to all the political ads, the phone calls and the text messages. It's sad how that shows how much of our elections are determined by who has more money. But one thing I never understood are the lawn signs. Like what, you see a sign for Joe Smith by the road and say to yourself "now that's the guy I'm going to vote for?"

One thing I'll be glad for after election day is the end to all the political ads, the phone calls and the text messages.
Add to this the dozen or so thick advertising flyers that have been filling up my mailbox for months. I send them straight to my recycling bin while shaking my head at all the trees killed to generate them.
But one thing I never understood are the lawn signs. Like what, you see a sign for Joe Smith by the road and say to yourself "now that's the guy I'm going to vote for?"
I completely concur. They just become part of the landscape for me and thus are ignored.

But one thing I never understood are the lawn signs. Like what, you see a sign for Joe Smith by the road and say to yourself "now that's the guy I'm going to vote for?"
It's a grift. You'd be surprised how many political consultants are connected to the sign makers and the button makers and the sticker makers. It's essentially an octopus of grift on every level. And of course, it's GOP & Dem.

Wow, if you wonder why Fox viewers are dumber than people who consume no news at all… look at this headline criticizing the WH spokesperson for stating the obvious truth…

Well, Trump somehow started to count votes 6 months before anybody actually voted in the 2020 election. I think he used a method adjacent to how he declassified documents. Counting votes after people actually voted is an elite democrat conspiracy.

Popped up in my FB memories today. Pretty much matches my thoughts today.

hunger games.png

No, no, I said vote with ballots, ballots

Bond was set Monday morning for a Morgan Twp. man arrested on suspicion of murder after his neighbor was found shot to death Saturday in Okeana.

The victim’s wife … tells the (911) dispatcher they were cutting grass and working in the yard when she came inside to let the dog out. That’s when she said she heard gunshots.
“I look in the backyard and that man is walking away from my husband and my husband is on the ground,” the woman says “He has come over like four times confronting my husband because he thought he was a Democrat, Why, why … Please, I don’t understand.”

Back