The 2022 Midterms

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Frisch stated that although an automatic recount will likely happen under state law, he encouraged supporters to save fundraising $$ for gas, groceries and other causes.

I think he has a strong future and should run again. We need more Grisch's, not Boeberts.
I thought he would wait till after the recount, but it's probably best to do so now as it's highly unlikely that he will overtake her absent some horrible mistakes.

This bodes well for him in two years since Bobo likely thinks winning is all that matters. With McCarthy herding conservative dicks across the finish line, she and MTG will outlive their welcome to the House.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I thought he would wait till after the recount, but it's probably best to do so now as it's highly unlikely that he will overtake her absent some horrible mistakes.

This bodes well for him in two years since Bobo likely thinks winning is all that matters. With McCarthy herding conservative dicks across the finish line, she and MTG will outlive their welcome to the House.
I wouldn't think so, but does conceding disqualify him from winning should a recount be in his favor? It can't be that way, or he wouldn't have conceded, I hope.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I wouldn't think so, but does conceding disqualify him from winning should a recount be in his favor? It can't be that way, or he wouldn't have conceded, I hope.

I think he did it so his supporters wouldn't be throwing money at his campaign. He told them to keep it and spend it on food and utilities. Good for him.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
The more Republicans try to suppress the vote, the more motivated the other side becomes. You’d think they would learn their lesson, but considering they went all-in on Trump-backed candidates in 2022 after the disaster of 2020, they aren’t very good at learning lessons. It seems to me ignorance and a refusal to learn is pretty common among Republicans.

The GOP does not help extend its base by fear mongering, especially when fostering the idea that its adherents are persecuted for this or that belief, or that the other main party is "evil." Why not get back to outlining secular policy platforms that can attract more potential voters? The whole thing of being "the party of NO" (and the party of circus-like House extravaganzas) is so shopworn at this point.

It will be interesting to see if the Republicans' dominant 2024 candidates move a little towards the center, after the party's more extreme right wing had clearly ended up with a Trump-focused and cult-like following during the past six or seven years. One hopes they see by now the great risks of a personality-centered party.

D

Deleted member 215

Can't believe we're already starting to hear the "at least DeSantis isn't Trump" rhetoric from Democrats. As if the Bush II nostalgia wasn't bad enough.🤦‍♂️

And I hope the Democrats stop trying to derail Trump's presidential run so that he'll run third party against DeSantis. Gotta think long term here. ;)

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Pulitzer-winning investigative journalist checks out what happened with voters in Maricopa county, AZ.

The New York Times reviewed 45 accounts offered by voters and 20 additional accounts from poll workers and observers in legal filings, public meeting testimony, submissions to the Arizona secretary of state’s office and on social media posts associated with Ms. Lake, her campaign and her allies, in some cases interviewing the voters to clarify details.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Would you be OK with Republicans setting up free food trucks outside polling places? I doubt it.

I truly wouldn’t care.

Again, no matter how strict, regimented or secure the elections are, it won’t matter if there are sore losers who lie afterwards. Do you think if every voting law and requirement republicans want passed we’re enacted, Trump would concede gracefully in 2024 if he lost? Do you think he’d concede primary losses, or just make up a different gaggle of lies explaining how he actually won?

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
I can only imagine how depressing this must be for Blue leaning types living in FL.

Screen Shot 2022-11-23 at 9.45.47 AM.png

lizkat

Reaction score
Looks like Ms. Boebert is a slow learner.

U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert has received yet another warning letter from the Federal Election Commission saying her campaign has accepted numerous donations in excess of campaign finance limits.

In a letter sent to her campaign this week, Boebert allegedly accepted $9,650 more than those limits allow from five donors between late September and mid-October.

By law, candidates cannot accept more than $2,900 from individual donors during an election cycle.

This isn’t the first time Boebert’s campaign has been warned by the FEC for various campaign finance issues, primarily for accepting donations in excess of limits. In May, her campaign received a similar warning letter saying that her first quarter filing of 2022 showed her campaign accepted as much as $30,000 in contributions that exceed campaign finance limits in 20 separate donations.

An October 2021 letter from the FEC showed that the beginning balance of her report filed at the end of September 2021 showed contributions and expenses for the first three months of that year did not equal the ending balance of her 2020 year-end report, which had already been amended three times by then, according to her FEC filings.

Her closing cash-on-hand balance as of Dec. 31, 2020, was $286,794. Boebert’s beginning balance in her first quarter report for Jan. 1, 2021, to March 31, 2021 listed an opening balance of $356,794, a difference of $70,000.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

warnings don't mean shit to these idiots you have to make them suffer.

lizkat

Reaction score
warnings don't mean shit to these idiots you have to make them suffer.

Yeah there's always the school of hard knocks for those figuring rules are for other people.

Bobo has a couple months to make it right, and if she can't do that then there will likely be fines.

All she has to do is humble herself enough to ask for legal advice from someone knowledgeable in campaign finance, then get a referral to an accountant who does that particular kind of work well enough to recommend how best to correct the situation.

Who knows how people make gone-wrong campaign contribution situations right... sometimes they can loan their own campaign money if they've had to return donations, at least during the campaign season itself.

But it's possible she'll just ignore the letter: after all, it's "merely" a letter from a federal agency and she's not big on federal government to begin with. She's one of the Rs who ran for Congress in order to try to help tear down the government of which she's now a part. :rolleyes:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Imagine if they took away 1 vote for each illegal dollar accepted…

Top Bottom
1 2