The 2022 Midterms

Except it isn't. Adams can't find a job because he worked for Trump and it seems some are OK with that. I was just wondering if it was fine if it went the other way.
It’s not a both-sides issue. It’s a Trump issue. He said and did a lot of highly offensive (and allegedly criminal) things. People that went to work for him and participated in such activities KNEW what he said during his campaign, and were willing to work for him anyway. So they get what they get now.

But let’s get realistic for a minute. I honestly don’t think they will be blacklisted for long. Both Bushes brought in lots of former Nixon officials to work in the highest levels of government. The guy who literally compiled a list of Jewish people working for the Bureau of Labor Statistics for Nixon (then helped demote some of them) continued to be a big-time player in business and GOP politics for decades afterwards.

Give it a few years and the GOP will gladly invite back any former Trump officials.

Last edited:
It’s not a both-sides issue. It’s a Trump issue. He said and did a lot of highly offensive (and allegedly criminal) things. People that went to work for him and participated in such activities KNEW what he said during his campaign, and were willing to work for him anyway. So they get what they get now.

Then why didn't Fauci resign? He worked for Trump for 4 years, 2 years longer than he will work for Biden, yet no one seems to hold it against him.

Then why didn't Fauci resign? He worked for Trump for 4 years, 2 years longer than he will work for Biden, yet no one seems to hold it against him.

Fauci worked in service for the American public, as Chief Medical Advisor under all presidents since Ronald Reagan. He was also awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom under George W. Bush. He's not political. And the country was very lucky to have him in that role.

he was there before trump. thank god he did not or we would have been really bad off.
The director of NIAID is not a political appointee. Fauci turned down the higher position of NIH director on multiple occasions in the past, presumably to avoid being a political appointee. He was not part of the Trump administration, but rather a non-partisan government employee.

With Fauci retiring, the NIH has a listing online for qualified applicants to apply for his job…

A big part of the reason Trump wanted to change the rules on who is or isn’t a political appointee (see also: Schedule F) is because he hates Fauci but couldn’t fire him.

1669859239046.jpeg

he was there before trump. thank god he did not or we would have been really bad off.
Fauci wasn't a yes-man for Trump. In fact Trump occasionally dissed him in public when the guy was standing in the same room...
Fauci worked in service for the American public, as Chief Medical Advisor under all presidents since Ronald Reagan. He was also awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom under George W. Bush. He's not political. And the country was very lucky to have him in that role.

Which kind of makes my point. Just because they worked in the administration doesn't mean they are a Trump sycophant.

This is a disingenuous argument at best. Comparing rank and file government workers with people who were onboarded specifically to work for Trump - fully aware of who he is - is not even close to the same.

This is a disingenuous argument at best. Comparing rank and file government workers with people who were onboarded specifically to work for Trump - fully aware of who he is - is not even close to the same.

Starting to think I'd file this topic with "slow news day" for the media. You can find stories going back to early days of the Trump administration where young West Wing staffers were whining about not being able to find dates in Washington DC "because they worked for Trump." But if you look at the proof they were providing to the reporters, it was often just comments they received off internet dating apps, so.... :rolleyes:

Protect your Christian values.

I suspect and really hope Warnock wins this. You cannot tell me this won’t be one of the hardest-earned senate terms in recent memory.

I can’t even believe in a sane world it would be close, but a sane world we are not.

That will give democrats a few years to really focus on continuing to drive democrat turnout in Georgia.

Would be nice to see a Republican governor work well with democrat senators and prove bipartisanship and moderate minds can get things done, but I’m not holding my breath.

Kemp appears to have presidential aspirations. I don’t like his policies any more than anyone other democrat, but he at least didn’t go full Trumpian and is less ridiculous than DeSantis. He clearly had independents and democrats vote for him.

I don’t like him, but he’s proof to other conservatives you can hold their policies and refuse to join the circus and still win. He won many of the voters who voted for Warnock and it wasn’t really that close. Maybe I’m just being optimistic but I do miss the days when I really only disliked a lot of republicans because of their policy and not their antics and gimmicks like the Trump cult.

*May as well call it for Warnock already 😂

Last edited:
Back