The 2022 Midterms

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
If Warnock wins - and that’s not a given, sadly - what are the chances Walker will concede? Or will he just go all in with the big lie?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
If Warnock wins - and that’s not a given, sadly - what are the chances Walker will concede? Or will he just go all in with the big lie?
Concede? I'll be surprised if he even comprehends it, that dude is as dumb as a box of hammers. However, he'll be a good stooge for Republicans and their bidding, it's all they care about anyway.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Pretty sure Warnock is winning it.

That said, I honestly don’t think anyone will care if Walker concedes or not. Won’t help them at all, especially given that Walker has allowed himself to be rightly ridiculed.

I reckon many who will vote for him will not necessarily care enough to defend him.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Here's a link for NPR's tally. Despite the headline below, it's about the Georgia runoff for US Senate, and they are using the Associated Press as source of data.

lizkat

Reaction score
Sounds like things went pretty smoothly overall, with good turnout. Here is an update from Fulton County, the largest county in metro Atlanta area.

Fulton County Interim Elections Director Nadine Williams said the largest metro Atlanta county experienced a “great day” with what she believes was “well over 70,000 voters today.”

”Voting was successful with almost no wait times,” Williams said.

One precinct, Scott Elementary School, closed for about 20 minutes earlier in the day “due to a police incident in the area,” said spokesperson Regina Waller. The county extended voting at that location until 7:20 p.m.

Williams said the county will soon upload more than 184,000 advanced voting ballots, followed by over 14,000 absentee ballots. The goal, she said, is to be done with all uploads before midnight.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Crazy that it’s even close, but I think sanity will prevail.

I don’t expect conservatives will do much reflecting, they’ll just begin flexing their muscle in the house, but they won’t actually accomplish anything because they have a rather large circus caucus and the senate will be a road block. But that will make them more likely to ramp up the circus act.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
This is indeed scary.

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 5.25.13 PM.png

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I would expect it to be even closer than that in the end.
The race keeps tightening as more results come in. I think they’ll end up less than 1 point apart. Frightening that there’s so much polarization that so many people are voting for someone they know is an idiot with a tainted history.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
The race keeps tightening as more results come in. I think they’ll end up less than 1 point apart. Frightening that there’s so much polarization that so many people are voting for someone they know is an idiot with a tainted history.
This is what I can't get over. WTH is wrong with those voting for Walker? I mean why? The mind boggles.

lizkat

Reaction score
Fulton county will take awhile to come in (they said they hoped by midnight) and it's always bluer than blue. Same with some other metro Atlanta counties.

More from the Atlanta Journal Constitution's rolling updates:

The runoff between the rivals was too close to call as key counties had yet to report final tallies. Republicans were anxiously waiting vote totals in the exurbs of Cherokee and Forsyth, where Walker must run up the score to keep a path to victory.

Meanwhile, Democrats were glued to tallies in Clayton, DeKalb and Fulton counties – the populous Democratic strongholds where Warnock is expected to make huge gains.

It could be a while, as the metro Atlanta counties are notoriously slow at reporting vote totals. But Fulton officials said they expected to have the final numbers in before midnight.

lizkat

Reaction score
I hope so. B/C I'm also reading that Walker is performing far better in Northern GA than last month.

The wonderful Marjorie Taylor Greene lives up there somewhere... in the 14th CD, in the northwest corner of Georgia. She campaigned for Walker and donated money and was even cited for excessive campaign contributions to Walker by Georgia's state Democratic Party officials, but the FEC dismissed it 5-0 with 1 not voting, decidingi that it was a low priority item because "it wasn't a lot of money." The accusation was that past the limit of $2000 for a straight-up to-candidate contribution, she had also contributed $3k worth of Facebook ads which amounted to in-kind contributions and so took her total contribution over the limit. But she was cleared so Walker got $5k worth of help from her.

Top Bottom
1 2