The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Never missing an opportunity to be complete hypocrites, in the case of Hunter Biden suddenly the Republicans are the party of gun regulations and rich people paying their taxes. :ROFLMAO:

There is a difference between wanting to legally pay less taxes vs making a few million and not even bothering to file a return.

There is a difference between wanting to legally pay less taxes vs making a few million and not even bothering to file a return.

For me... the difference is if Hunter Biden were running for President of the United States, I might give two trucks. :)

Similarly, if trump's sons had engaged in some kind of illegal activity, and I were a republican who was able to give trump a pass on trashing democracy and the Constitution fomenting an insurrection and attempted coup, I wouldn't give two trucks about what his two sons have done.

For me... the difference is if Hunter Biden were running for President of the United States, I might give two trucks. :)

Similarly, if trump's sons had engaged in some kind of illegal activity, and I were a republican who was able to give trump a pass on trashing democracy and the Constitution fomenting an insurrection and attempted coup, I wouldn't give two trucks about what his two sons have done.
Everything today’s GOP does is a manipulative, hypocritical scam to feign outrage, ignore their own violations, but keep the if we did it, that’s ok because we need to win Koolaid drinkers onboard. 🤬

Unfortunately in our system, "legally paying less taxes" often translates into paying off, or more politely - contributing to, politicians who then modify the tax code to give you a big break.

So not even a curiosity of the vig for "the big guy"?

Geez, Hunter was his damn son. Parents often do stuff for their young'uns without expecting material compensation. The idea that dad would be extracting a vig is ridiculous on the face of it. The things people do usually do things with motivations and expected returns, but those returns are often not material, sometimes indirect and sometimes optional. I get that such ideas conflict with glibertarian theory, but a lot of the real world does.

Checking out the book The Undertow: Scenes From A Slow Civil War where the author went out and interviewed Trump true believers after 1/6. Interesting of note is after every war the US has been involved in going all the way back to WWI there is a resurgence of white supremacy, militias, and fascist beliefs. I’d say go back to the civil war but that’s kind of, yeah, no shit. A big difference this time is we just exited 2 decades of war. That’s an unprecedented long time of a lot of people marinating in these beliefs and grievances. It’s a sad irony that we send out our soldiers to supposedly protect this country only to have them come back and want to destroy it.

I put this here because Republican politicians are either on board with this or they at least know they need their vote or shouldn’t antagonize (read: be honest with) them.

Meanwhile in Brazil

For far worse our politicians have done jack squat. Oh, they penciled in some new words making it clear the VP can’t veto the election results. Good job.

Maybe I’m being overly concerned about this, but it seems sane voters on the right tend to see the unhinged armed Christian white nationalists in their ranks as a minor inconvenience “Oh, those people. Anyhow let's talk policy.” And if this is just a minor element that can be blown off then why is DeSantis’ campaign nearly 100% bigotry at this point? It's so over the top that I’m almost convinced he’s working with the Trump campaign to make Trump more palatable by comparison for which he will be rewarded at a later date.

Maybe I’m being overly concerned about this, but it seems sane voters on the right tend to see the unhinged armed Christian white nationalists in their ranks as a minor inconvenience “Oh, those people. Anyhow let's talk policy.” And if this is just a minor element that can be blown off then why is DeSantis’ campaign nearly 100% bigotry at this point? It's so over the top that I’m almost convinced he’s working with the Trump campaign to make Trump more palatable by comparison for which he will be rewarded at a later date.

I literally posted the same thing in another thread. DeSantis is appearing to be a one-trick pony. The anti-Disney, anti-COVID protocol and anti-woke garbage is fun for rubes to cheer on like they’re at a wrestling match, but it’s not appealing to the widest swaths of America. He’s running to the right of Trump socially, and also afraid to take him on directly. Crazy and weak, essentially.

He’s also pretty corrupt. If Meatball Ron ever did try to dig in on Trump’s legal woes, Trump should mention all the shady things DeSantis has done as Florida governor. Some of his stunts would make Trump blush, like using executive order to hide his travel costs.

Last edited:
Shocker: Conservative, Trump minion, Rep Gaetz Fl, is getting credit for something I agree with. For all I know , he has been a closet user. It happens to coincide with a drop in military enlistment rates. In general the USA’s War On Drugs has been a forked up affair when it comes to handing out prison sentences to users, especially when they are minorities. 😑

Back