The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Meanwhile, in Georgia, two grand jury panels have been sworn in and are ready to serve :
And it's been almost three years since the crimes were committed. So now it will take time for them to come up with a recommendation of indictment. Then some time later Trump will appear in court and plead not guilty (because, you know, it was a "perfect" call). Then a date will be set for further court related matters. Then Trump's attorneys will try to get the case dismissed or delayed indefinitely as they are trying to do in Florida, etc. etc. I'm losing any faith I might have had that Trump will ever actually face accountability for a life of crime.

. I'm losing any faith I might have had that Trump will ever actually face accountability for a life of crime.

I have lost faith that the Clinton's & Biden's will face accountability for their misdeeds either.

But people in their positions rarely do. Unless harm is extensive and to others, and can be proven (Madoff), most will skate. :(

I have lost faith that the Clinton's & Biden's will face accountability for their misdeeds either.
What were their "misdeeds?" Were they crimes?

Were they in any way commensurate with attempting to block the peaceful transfer of power and illegal retention of highly classified documents and obstruction of attempts to recover them?

What were their "misdeeds?" Were they crimes?

Were they in any way commensurate with attempting to block the peaceful transfer of power and illegal retention of highly classified documents and obstruction of attempts to recover them?

Well Joe did have some highly classified documents he wasn’t supposed to have, but we can set that aside.

Take Hunter’s recent plea deal. (If Trump’s kids are fair game, so is Hunter). He pled guilty to 2 separate charges, tax evasion and lying on a Federal BGC form.

Normal people like you and me go to jail for either of those charges.

And that’s not even getting into the selling of influence. But as I noted in my original post, those are hard to prove, so they are usually ignored.

If Trump’s kids are fair game, so is Hunter

Show us how Hunter took an active role in his father's administration, or even campaigned for him. Individual-ONE's spawn act like attention-seekers. I do not recall noticing Hunter Biden trying to get into the spotlight, and it seems unlikely that we would have heard much of anything about him if the Rs had not been avidly trying to push him to the fore.

Well Joe did have some highly classified documents he wasn’t supposed to have, but we can set that aside.

Take Hunter’s recent plea deal. (If Trump’s kids are fair game, so is Hunter). He pled guilty to 2 separate charges, tax evasion and lying on a Federal BGC form.

Normal people like you and me go to jail for either of those charges.

And that’s not even getting into the selling of influence. But as I noted in my original post, those are hard to prove, so they are usually ignored.
1. Yes, Joe (and Pence) had classified documents he wasn't supposed to have, but let's not "set that aside" as it's night and day compared to what Trump did. Joe (and Pence) fully cooperated with the government to retrieve the documents and there was no intent, an important element of a crime. Trump, on the other hand, knew he had classified documents and intentionally lied and hid them from investigators.

2. Trumps's business was found guilty in NY on multiple charges of criminal tax fraud and falsifying business records. This entailed civil penalties. Are you sure that Hunter's actions normally result in jail time? Isn't it typical for people to plead out cases to avoid jail? His case was handled by a GOP prosecutor who was appointed by Trump and who has denied any interference by the Biden DOJ. So there's no basis to claim any favorable treatment that wouldn't normally be given to other offenders.

In any case, Trump's kids apparently aren't fair game to the MAGA crowd. They ignore the fast tracking of trademarks given to Ivanka and the $2 billion investment Jared got from the Saudi's and rather focus on attacking a recovering addict.

3. And now we come to the "selling of influence" which the MAGA crowd keeps bringing up but never produces any real evidence of wrongdoing. And you also bring it up, saying it's hard to prove. Maybe that's because there's no actual evidence and the whistleblowers either disappear or turn out to be shady, unreliable characters.

But people in their positions rarely do. Unless harm is extensive and to others, and can be proven (Madoff), most will skate. :(
Trumps countless misdeeds must give you the sads. 🤣

What about W? Why does he get no love from the prosecutors?
Outside of starting a war with a country that had nothing to do with 9/11, which I guess was litigated in its own right, he was pretty clean. Maybe or maybe not did some coke once upon a time when he was young but that seems pretty trivial. Has always been a good family man, didn't steal documents, sexually assault women, insight an insurrection, commit acts of treason, etc.

If there's one thing Trump did for all previous Republicans it was to make them all look like saints. Even old tricky Dick comes out shining in comparison.

How is this even possible if it goes against SCOTUS? :mad:🤬

Screen Shot 2023-07-21 at 6.07.25 PM.png

Back