The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

My wild ass guess (observer only) is that he had some sort of drop in blood sugar.
Appreciate you taking the time to respond. Feel free to share your wild ass guesses anytime.

Mitch reminded me of the Disney's Moments with Lincoln automaton. One minute he was speaking and then he suddenly froze & went silent. Like all the electronics shut off at once.

I think my dad's wife had a hemmorhagic stroke. She was, as I heard it, doing something in the kitchen and then was lying on the floor, and lasted a week after that. I suspect that ischemic (clot) strokes are often precipitated by stress but hemmorhagic strokes are more like aneurism burst events, not really linked to a cause, other than age, and much more likely to be non-survivable.

I can't tell if McConnell had a TIA (caused by a brief interruption of blood supply to his brain), but it's a possibility. A hemorrhagic or ischemic stroke would not have passed as this did. Ischemic strokes are usually caused by clots or other material embolizing to cranial blood vessels from elsewhere. In any event, symptoms - weakness, difficulty with speech, and so on - should be investigated and treated promptly, so everyone should familiarize themselves with them.

He was booed… but not as badly as I’d thought he’d be. More republicans need to do this more forcefully, more often.

The problem is, Republicans have condoned everything Trump has done up to this point, and to act shocked or as if any new revelations is a bridge too far, then you basically admit to being stupid for not having seen it earlier. They have to downplay everything Trump does and overhype the shit out of any possible Biden-related story to make Biden look worse and Trump better by comparison. And that’s all they know how to do.

So either republicans keep going with the ruse of Trump not being an unmitigated disaster, or maybe they can put their political skills to good use and pretend the past never happened, and just say “Yeah, we’re done, time for someone new” and refuse to answer in depth why they placated him all this time or cheered his behavior that got him to the point they can no longer support him.

They really have kept digging their own grave on this one.

*As for McConnell, I felt bad for him and hope he’s not unwell. That said, if Biden is unfit to serve because he’s “not there”, then let’s hold others to that same standard. If we did, republicans should be yelling the loudest that it’s time for him to go.

I’m not saying I believe that, or that I care. Maybe he can finish out his term and retire, I’m just saying, republicans are good at being outraged about something, but indifferent or blind to more serious versions of the same things that outrage them when it’s perpetrated by their side.

Last edited:
The problem is, Republicans have condoned everything Trump has done up to this point, and to act shocked or as if any new revelations is a bridge too far, then you basically admit to being stupid for not having seen it earlier.

A criminal defendant charged with 40 felonies (and counting). With roughly half the population (the R's) captured in a spell loving him like hitler. In a word, astonishing.

Speaks volumes about today's republican party. The party of law and order, indeed.

Crazy times.

Appreciate you taking the time to respond. Feel free to share your wild ass guesses anytime.

Mitch reminded me of the Disney's Moments with Lincoln automaton. One minute he was speaking and then he suddenly froze & went silent. Like all the electronics shut off at once.
Two reasons that it is a WAG, one is that I am by no means a trained medical professional, and I wasn't there. There can be a myriad of reasons for the "lock up", however dealing with a diabetic that didn't take care of his blood sugar levels, the episodes did have a resemblance to Mitch freezing. I only hope that if it was something a little more serious that an actual medical professional would have prevented him going back out there to save face.

At least the minority rule shit bags got the message loud and clear from the majority that they suck. I hope we see more of this instead of the loud mouthed knuckle draggers sucking all of the oxygen out of the room with their bigotry hiding behind "but the kids" bullshit. There’s going to be a huge generation hating their parents for more than just being old.

Probably not enough members to support this, but if the Republican party wants to save itself couldn’t they kick Trump out of the party and force him to run as an Independent? Of course that would split the votes assuring neither Trump nor the Republican nominee would win the general election but at least that would get rid of the cancer. Plus I’m unaware of any plan or actions by Democrats to exterminate Republicans the way Trumpers want to crush all Liberals. The party could come back post Trump and if it doesn’t it won’t be because of some big Democrat plot. The current path they are on is what will destroy them. Cue herdfan “you could say the same thing about Democrats”. No, you categorically can’t. As much as many liberals and people on the left may be unhappy with Democrats currently, the tiny (and ever shrinking) tent Republican party isn’t providing an attractive alternative that goes anywhere near their values.

If they kicked Trump out of the party and still want a decent chance of winning the Presidency then everybody should stop the RFK Jr charade and he should run as a Republican. Republicans already love the guy and they’d get the low information Kennedy nostalgia geriatrics and the “I don’t like Trump or Biden” dullards who think it makes no difference if either wins.

Probably not enough members to support this, but if the Republican party wants to save itself couldn’t they kick Trump out of the party and force him to run as an Independent? Of course that would split the votes assuring neither Trump nor the Republican nominee would win the general election but at least that would get rid of the cancer. Plus I’m unaware of any plan or actions by Democrats to exterminate Republicans the way Trumpers want to crush all Liberals. The party could come back post Trump and if it doesn’t it won’t be because of some big Democrat plot. The current path they are on is what will destroy them. Cue herdfan “you could say the same thing about Democrats”. No, you categorically can’t. As much as many liberals and people on the left may be unhappy with Democrats currently, the tiny (and ever shrinking) tent Republican party isn’t providing an attractive alternative that goes anywhere near their values.

If they kicked Trump out of the party and still want a decent chance of winning the Presidency then everybody should stop the RFK Jr charade and he should run as a Republican. Republicans already love the guy and they’d get the low information Kennedy nostalgia geriatrics and the “I don’t like Trump or Biden” dullards who think it makes no difference if either wins.

There’s a lot of things republicans could do, but they are perfectly happy with the short “hand” of Donald Trump lodged firmly in their throat.

Trump’s top two primary opponents - DeSantis and Tim Scott - are helping Trump more than themselves. The party still censures people who criticize Trump or tell the Truth. “Joe Biden legitimately won the 2020 election” is a statement that can get you ostracized in the party.

Republicans are going to have to lose another popular vote and election in 2024 to even have a chance of waking up. Conservative media and GOP politicians are going to have to start telling the truth and being forceful in their condemnation of Trump. Until those things happen, he will remain the party leader.

Probably not enough members to support this, but if the Republican party wants to save itself couldn’t they kick Trump out of the party and force him to run as an Independent?

Not really. Both parties need to look like open American institutions, mom, apple pie, yankee noodles, all that. Excommunicating a person sends the wrong message (i.e., we are not inclusive). The Democrats were unable to prevent Mr. Sanders' mittens from running in their primaries, nor should they have done so or been allowed to. As long as he claims to be a Republiopath, they are kind of stuck with him (and Bernie never even claimed to be a Democrat).

Fun fact. When the Nazis started dropping the hammer on Jews in the 1930’s they were about 0.8% of the German population. Anybody know what percentage of the US population is transgender? On the right it seems the bar for those capable of destroying society is an exceedingly low member count. I wouldn’t be shocked to find out that any concern they have that exceeds the 1% level the "epidemic" bells start ringing. Good thing the ultra rich have kept steady at or below 1%. I recommend zero growth as they might be perceived as a problem that needs to be violently dealt with.

and Bernie never even claimed to be a Democrat.

I don't think the Democrats care so long as Bernie caucuses with them in good faith, which he does.

I wouldn’t be shocked to find out that any concern they have that exceeds the 1% level the "epidemic" bells start ringing.

Isn't this exactly what is happening though?

As for the population, I think it is a little over 1%. Accurate numbers are hard to get in this sort of environment though. How many people reported being left-handed when we used to slap people on the wrist for writing with the "wrong hand"?

Bill Barr was the attorney general under Trump and says the former president should not be anywhere near the Oval Office. A frequent target of Trump’s insults, Barr praised elements of the indictment against him and said he believes Trump knew he lost the election even as he was trying to overturn it.

Despite all of that, Barr told CNN’s Kaitlan Collins he has not ruled out voting for Trump.

🤯

Despite all of that, Barr told CNN’s Kaitlan Collins he has not ruled out voting for Trump.

🤯

Trump is problematic but the alternative is Hunter McDick Pics throwing around the family name to enrich himself and gain favors which has never happened in the entire history of affluence and politics. OK, Trump and his family did that times a billion, but again, dick pics.

Trump is problematic but the alternative is Hunter McDick Pics throwing around the family name to enrich himself and gain favors which has never happened in the entire history of affluence and politics. OK, Trump and his family did that times a billion, but again, dick pics.

Congrats.

You are the second person on here to admit what the Biden’s did. Expect to be hammered. 😉

Congrats.

You are the second person on here to admit what the Biden’s did. Expect to be hammered. 😉
I didn't realize Hunter was running for president, yeah dick pics for any candidate are a bad look in that case.

I mean Trump may be looking at 78 criminal charges but have you seen Hunter's dick? I mean, his dick though right?

Screenshot-2023-07-19-at-4.32.16-PM.png

"Can we please have decorum on the Senate floor?" Also, "have you seen Hunter's dick?"

Am I sounding Republican enough yet? Just want to be sure I have the correct marching orders here.

Congrats.

By “the Bidens”, you mean Hunter?

I find it absurd beyond belief that you guys consider the Mueller probe nothing at all, yet we’ve sat through hours of testimony and years of prodding by republicans and the only thing that has surfaced to date is that Hunter enriched himself off of his name and did break some laws. Not one witness has tied Joe Biden to his son’s business dealings, and that includes star witnesses.

This is half beating a dead horse and half trying to fabricate a false equivalence to Trump.

I don’t anticipate this will win him or the republicans an election, but fear not - they can just claim it was stolen again.

Even in a worst-case scenario - Joe Biden was secretly running the family side-hustles, where was this concern with what Trump openly did concerning his businesses? I don’t get it. You’re desperate to find evidence that proves Biden committed smaller acts than the ones you know Trump did, and are coming up short even in that.

Congrats.

“The Biden’s” - plural? Meaning Hunter and which other Biden? Joe? Based on what evidence?

I think Hunter is a deeply flawed, dishonest person. That he’s had many struggles in life doesn’t absolve him, but it doesn’t indict his father, at least not criminally.

Trump, on the other hand, has no shortage of indictments for felonious acts that would have derailed just about any politician in the nation’s history. And he’s still the likeliest Republican candidate.

Back