The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Just saw this on Chris Hayes… This is becoming a trend I’m noticing - republicans are posting “attacks” on their opponents that the targets would probably gladly pay to have them put together - the only thing the video is missing is some sort music and an “I approve this message” voiceover.

I guess we’re going to see if this is a winning strategy for the RNC. 🤷

MAN you were fast getting LittleDonny’s mug shot up as your avatar! 👍🏼🫣🔥😁

About that… WTF?
This was posted as his mug shot. It looks like something you’d pay for…🤔

FD256304-7533-4A4B-BD5E-6A4EBF7000A8.jpeg

The No.1 Mob Boss...

FF828373-A8F4-4099-9875-D569DD0D7AF7.jpeg

Let’s stick with this one…

Last edited:
I wonder if they’d normally let the suspect’s head tilt forward like I presume he’s practiced in a mirror for weeks. It distorts how he really looks, although he’s a dipshit from all angles.

I wonder if they’d normally let the suspect’s head tilt forward like I presume he’s practiced in a mirror for weeks. It distorts how he really looks, although he’s a dipshit from all angles.

Apparently in the industry that's called the Stanley Kubrick stare.

Watched Soft and Quiet on Netflix. A minor spoiler ahead but you can tell where it’s headed fairly early in. It’s a drama, not a documentary, that follows a support group of white Christian nationalist Karens with their grievances. Soft and quiet refers to their public face of just fitting into society and not being suspected. It’s produced by Blum House which is known for horror movies and this truly is. The escalation of indoctrination, rhetoric, plans, and action is a little over the top but I gave that a pass because they had to cram it all into one movie. The premise would probably be better served in a series but the outrage and divisiveness would probably be off the charts.

I’ve not seen a single poll from any reputable outlet that shows Americans believe Trump is being persecuted, and almost every poll I’ve seen indicated most Americans want to see Trump stand trial.

Republicans have learned nothing, and if they nominate this assclown, we’re going to be in the same situation all over again when he loses, and he most certainly will lose.

Do republicans really want 2024 to be the “Trump is running to stay out of Prison” campaign? That’s what it’s going to be, and no talk of Hunter Biden or trying to impeach Joe Biden will change it.

On the other hand, it’s hard for me to envision someone like Nikki Hailey or Chris Christie losing to Joe Biden… they’re both younger (who isn’t younger than Joe?), have experience, and while I can criticize both, at least they aren’t Trump shills.

Republicans don’t seem to understand their enthusiasm for Trump is their enthusiasm, not anyone else’s. And someone who unenthusiastically votes for Biden counts as much as your average MAGA warrior voting for their hero. The GOP could easily let this shake out for a bit, then run an aggressive campaign to get the other 2/3 of republicans to support someone else - that candidate would have much wider appeal in a general election,

I’ve not seen a single poll from any reputable outlet that shows Americans believe Trump is being persecuted, and almost every poll I’ve seen indicated most Americans want to see Trump stand trial.

Republicans have learned nothing, and if they nominate this assclown, we’re going to be in the same situation all over again when he loses, and he most certainly will lose.

Do republicans really want 2024 to be the “Trump is running to stay out of Prison” campaign? That’s what it’s going to be, and no talk of Hunter Biden or trying to impeach Joe Biden will change it.

On the other hand, it’s hard for me to envision someone like Nikki Hailey or Chris Christie losing to Joe Biden… they’re both younger (who isn’t younger than Joe?), have experience, and while I can criticize both, at least they aren’t Trump shills.

Republicans don’t seem to understand their enthusiasm for Trump is their enthusiasm, not anyone else’s. And someone who unenthusiastically votes for Biden counts as much as your average MAGA warrior voting for their hero. The GOP could easily let this shake out for a bit, then run an aggressive campaign to get the other 2/3 of republicans to support someone else - that candidate would have much wider appeal in a general election,
I don’t know how Haley hasn’t been pushed by some of the less crazy Republicans voices. It seems to me she could be a softer choice to get some of the voters who don’t identify as either D or R to cast their vote own 2024 for a Republican candidate. I imagine there are a lot who don’t want to see Trump run but don’t want to cast a vote for Biden.

I don’t know how Haley hasn’t been pushed by some of the less crazy Republicans voices.

She’s a female. That’s one strike from the more misogynistic folks in her party, of which there are oddly quite a few women with those beliefs . She also signed the bill to remove the confederate flag from the SC Capitol, something that is probably seen as a negative amongst the more racist folks in her party - of which there are also many.

I’m not a republican or conservative, so my opinion is invalid in their realm, but they need an outsider who exhibits the best traits of the current GOP candidates, but isn’t hindered by having enabled Trump in the past. The only person on that stage who could say that was Ramaswamy, and he did a better job auditioning for Trump than he did competing against him.

For instance, Haley and Tim Scott both brought up letting the voters decide as an indirect way of “defending” Trump. And I want to pull my hair out and yell at them..

IMG_0128.jpeg

I’m not a republican or conservative, so my opinion is invalid in their realm, but they need an outsider who exhibits the best traits of the current GOP candidates, but isn’t hindered by having enabled Trump in the past. The only person on that stage who could say that was Ramaswamy, and he did a better job auditioning for Trump than he did competing against him.

Ramaswamy sounds more like a libertarian than a conservative to me. Not to mention he has some very suspect foreign policies. And obviously you remember the last “self-made billionaire” candidate who wanted to shake things up. Finally, if you think the US or world would be more stable with him at the helm, he idolizes Musk’s worst moments. It’d be a shit show power grab, IMHO. I wanted to trust and like him, but for now he gets a hard pass from me.

Last edited:

For instance, Haley and Tim Scott both brought up letting the voters decide as an indirect way of “defending” Trump. And I want to pull my hair out and yell at them..

View attachment 25567
He struck me as the younger, quicker on his feet Little Donny clone.

The former Country Club Republicans, now Right Wing Fascist Group, plays “Rich Men North Of Richmond” song at their debate as part of their Fool’d Ya campaign to appear as populists, in their bid to enlist STUPID back home for let’s tear down, replace the Fed Govt with the Fascist Good Ole Boys. The performer of that song has denounced its use. The problem with a song like that, it appeals to the Yahoos back home as “about them” and the villains are in the eyes of the beholders… 🤔

From last week... Here's a really excellent interview of retired federal judge J. Michael Luttig, a well known conservative, by PBS journalist Judy Woodruff. He weighed in on the current state of US democracy and how it is in serious peril due to trump and the current crop of cowardly republican lackeys in Congress who enable him. He minced no words regarding mcconnel and graham. He's the only conservative I admire and respect.

I remember Luttig's testimony during the past Jan6th hearings. The gait of his speech gave me pause, which I attributed to age and maybe a past medical issue. Watching and listening carefully to the video I've concluded it's more about being a deep thinker and a desire to speak with precision. I also suspect what he was saying weighed heavily on him and his heart, causing him to pause, and perhaps restrain some anger.

Check out the video, it's very powerful. The transcript is a little confusing and doesn't do justice to what he said.

From last week... Here's a really excellent interview of retired federal judge J. Michael Luttig, a well known conservative, by PBS journalist Judy Woodruff. He weighed in on the current state of US democracy and how it is in serious peril due to trump and the current crop of cowardly republican lackeys in Congress who enable him. He minced no words regarding mcconnel and graham. He's the only conservative I admire and respect.

I remember Luttig's testimony during the past Jan6th hearings. The gait of his speech gave me pause, which I attributed to age and maybe a past medical issue. Watching and listening carefully to the video I've concluded it's more about being a deep thinker and a desire to speak with precision. I also suspect what he was saying weighed heavily on him and his heart, causing him to pause, and perhaps restrain some anger.

Check out the video, it's very powerful. The transcript is a little confusing and doesn't do justice what he said.

Thank you for posting. I watched the video and fully agree with judge Luttig. I also concur with you about his somewhat halting cadence at the hearing compared to the interview at his home.

However, in this and other reports about Luttig, he's usually characterized as "influential." Much as I appreciate him speaking out, I question the extent of his influence, at least where it counts. One only has to look at the spineless also-rans for the Republican nomination who, except for Asa Hutchinson, indicated they'd support Trump in the first debate. Ditto for Bill Barr. And I cringe whenever I hear McConnell referred to as "leader." He could have largely avoided the current crisis had he voted to convict Trump and gotten his colleagues to go along. The same goes for McCarthy and most of his colleagues.

Back