The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Ramaswamy sounds more like a libertarian than a conservative to me. Not to mention he has some very suspect foreign policies. And obviously you remember the last “self-made billionaire” candidate who wanted to shake things up. Finally, if you think the US or world would be more stable with him at the helm, he idolizes Musk’s worst moments. It’d be a shit show power grab, IMHO. I wanted to trust and like him, but for now he gets a hard pass from me.

Yeah, I worded my thoughts poorly - He’s the only outsider in the race, but he’s running as a Trump surrogate. Christie and Hutchinson talk a good game, but I’m sure they both supported Trump all the way up until J6.

Ramaswamy was the only one stage who could say he didn’t directly enable Trump in the past, but that’s sort of irrelevant when you’re practically telling people you’re margarine and Trump is butter.

I would like to see a GOP candidate who is an outsider, but doesn’t have the baggage of a Christie or Haley.

I would like to see a GOP candidate who …

I would much rather see the GOP fade into irrelevance, taking their infamous Reagan into the dustbin with them. Hopefully they might be replaced by a party or parties of reason (or a systemic improvement that marginalizes party politics).

I would much rather see the GOP fade into irrelevance, taking their infamous Reagan into the dustbin with them. Hopefully they might be replaced by a party or parties of reason (or a systemic improvement that marginalizes party politics).
There is no real Republicans left who would want to be called Republican because of the indelible taint and foul stench on the brand.

Samuel Wurzelbacher, who called himself "Joe the Plumber", has left us at age 49 (of the same thing that took Steve Jobs). I figured it should go here, as he does not really deserve a whole thead.
I can't be certain from the article, but it's unlikely Joe died of the same type of cancer as Steve Jobs. Joe probably had pancreatic adenocarcinoma, which is the most deadly type that has a low survival rate. Jobs had a neuroendocrine pancreatic tumor, which may have been curable had he not delayed surgery.

When Trump refuses to debate or do an interview because they are "unfair/not very nice/mean" his supporters think he's being alpha or playing 5D chess. If literally any other politician did the same thing they would call them a weak ass bitch. FACT.
True, but from Trump's perspective, not participating in the Republican debates makes political sense. Standing on the stage with the others would bring him down to their level and make it seem that he needs to do it to maintain his sizable lead. It would open him up to live sniping from his opponents and possibly lead him to say something that would increase his legal jeopardy. He also draws at least as much attention to himself by not debating as he would by being there.

True, but from Trump's perspective, not participating in the Republican debates makes political sense. Standing on the stage with the others would bring him down to their level and make it seem that he needs to do it to maintain his sizable lead. It would open him up to live sniping from his opponents and possibly lead him to say something that would increase his legal jeopardy. He also draws at least as much attention to himself by not debating as he would by being there.

Not disagreeing with the strategy (for some voters) but can you imagine if Joe Biden refused to debate or do certain interviews because he explicitly said they were mean or unfair? The right would be all over that shit saying he is a pussy and unfit to lead.

When Trump refuses to debate or do an interview because they are "unfair/not very nice/mean" his supporters think he's being alpha or playing 5D chess. If literally any other politician did the same thing they would call them a weak ass bitch. FACT.
A peek into the minds of self serving, cheat to win, did we fool ya? hypocrites. :unsure:

Last edited:
Right now, any Republican who can’t condemn Trumpism is DOA for me. That’s a red line, policy can come afterwards. Do you agree with stealing elections, would you vote for Trump again, and if yes - legality aside - how can you vote for Trump again after everything he’s done?

Anyone who can say they’d vote for Trump again gets zero consideration from me, that’s a very simple litmus test and I don’t feel it’s one that should be difficult to pass at all.

Depends on whom you ask. TIAs at least to my Dad's numerologist are not really strokes, and work themselves out after a short period of time. Although they should be monitored they tend to treat them differently from strokes. My dad by the way has had a half a dozen or so TIAs, and has had full on strokes as well. During a TIA event the symptoms between one and a stroke, to a non medical observer, wouldn't be much different.

That all being said, I don't think they would have allowed Mitch to go back if it were a stroke or a TIA (which could last 30 minutes or up an hour or more). My wild ass guess (observer only) is that he had some sort of drop in blood sugar.
Whatever it is, it just happened again:

Any time a Republican politician brings up Biden's age/mental status, they should be asked about McConnell. As for letting him back, I'd say George Santos is even less fit to serve than McConnell, albeit for different reasons.

Right now, any Republican who can’t condemn Trumpism is DOA for me. That’s a red line, policy can come afterwards. Do you agree with stealing elections, would you vote for Trump again, and if yes - legality aside - how can you vote for Trump again after everything he’s done?

Anyone who can say they’d vote for Trump again gets zero consideration from me, that’s a very simple litmus test and I don’t feel it’s one that should be difficult to pass at all.
You said all that a lot nicer than I would 🤣.

Whatever it is, it just happened again:

Any time a Republican politician brings up Biden's age/mental status, they should be asked about McConnell. As for letting him back, I'd say George Santos is even less fit to serve than McConnell, albeit for different reasons.

Sad to watch. I have a hard time seeing him stick it out until 2024, he may just need to call it a day.

It is sad, just like it is with Dianne Feinstein.
It does bring up the question on Biden and Trump. Seems like both side are gambling with what will happen if there is some medical crisis for either of them and it is September 2024.

It does bring up the question on Biden and Trump. Seems like both side are gambling with what will happen if there is some medical crisis for either of them and it is September 2024.

Michael Steele was talking about this today, and he pretty much hit the nail on the head… everyone talking about politicians being too old, we vote them in, and the people of CA, Kentucky or America are the only ones who can really determine whether our leaders are too old when it comes to Feinstein, McConnell and Biden, respectively, or anyone else.

He also said politicians will not retire young. Most will keep going until they can’t or the voters push them out.

All true,

However, it was refreshing to hear Biden talk. He called McConnell a friend, confirmed he does sound like himself and that these are common side effects of a concussion, while cautioning he isn’t a doctor and wishes McConnell well,

I also heard him go in-depth on the Hawaii fires.

A compassionate dude who understand policy. Compare Biden’s comments on McConnell to Trump’s comments on McCain and others.

He (Biden) was also talking about ideas he had and again, stressing he wasn’t an expert, just thinking of things we can try to combat future issues. Way more in touch than anything I’ve heard Trump talk about. Sounded much more reasonable than Trump’s similar brainstorming about how we can get Lysol into the body to combat COVID. So all the people worried about Biden, I need to see something more than some stupid gotcha moment. If someone followed me around with a camera all day, you could find a half-dozen instances that could convince you I have dementia, even though I don’t (at least I hope).

This is one of those situations where voters have all the power, but we never do anything to change. Prior to Trump, the big refrain was “vote them all out and start over”, but nobody very does. What we really want is for other people to vote out the folks we don’t like, while we put out familiar faces back in their seats. And when everyone does that, nothing changes. The same is true of age - I’m sure the people voting for Feinstein think it’s time for McConnell to go, and vice versa, when both sides are correct and need to act when it’s time to vote.

In McConnell’s defense, he has gone downhill fast, and it very well could be a temporary illness as he spends a few months recovering from his concussion. Time will tell.

Michael Steele was talking about this today, and he pretty much hit the nail on the head… everyone talking about politicians being too old, we vote them in, and the people of CA, Kentucky or America are the only ones who can really determine whether our leaders are too old when it comes to Feinstein, McConnell and Biden, respectively, or anyone else.

He also said politicians will not retire young. Most will keep going until they can’t or the voters push them out.

All true,

However, it was refreshing to hear Biden talk. He called McConnell a friend, confirmed he does sound like himself and that these are common side effects of a concussion, while cautioning he isn’t a doctor and wishes McConnell well,

I also heard him go in-depth on the Hawaii fires.

A compassionate dude who understand policy. Compare Biden’s comments on McConnell to Trump’s comments on McCain and others.

He (Biden) was also talking about ideas he had and again, stressing he wasn’t an expert, just thinking of things we can try to combat future issues. Way more in touch than anything I’ve heard Trump talk about. Sounded much more reasonable than Trump’s similar brainstorming about how we can get Lysol into the body to combat COVID. So all the people worried about Biden, I need to see something more than some stupid gotcha moment. If someone followed me around with a camera all day, you could find a half-dozen instances that could convince you I have dementia, even though I don’t (at least I hope).

This is one of those situations where voters have all the power, but we never do anything to change. Prior to Trump, the big refrain was “vote them all out and start over”, but nobody very does. What we really want is for other people to vote out the folks we don’t like, while we put out familiar faces back in their seats. And when everyone does that, nothing changes. The same is true of age - I’m sure the people voting for Feinstein think it’s time for McConnell to go, and vice versa, when both sides are correct and need to act when it’s time to vote.

In McConnell’s defense, he has gone downhill fast, and it very well could be a temporary illness as he spends a few months recovering from his concussion. Time will tell.
True the voters will decide. However... What I am saying it is a gamble at the two leading candidates age to allow them to become the eventual party candidate. I know that health problems can hit anyone at any age, but the risk of something like a concussion having a quick downward spiral of a 75+ candidate is much greater than someone in their 40s, 50s, or even early 60s. I am just worried especially in Biden's case, because that is the most likely candidate for the Democrats.

Just being a my pessimistic self I guess.

I am just worried especially in Biden's case, because that is the most likely candidate for the Democrats.

I'm similarly worried even though I think Biden is a really good President and a decent human being who cares about others.

I think the risk we're taking, considering the potential very adverse consequences should Biden have a serious medical event next year, is not something to brush off, and instead rely on mere hope getting us through next year's general election.

And assuming Biden wins the general next year, there's still the following four years while Biden is President to think about as well.

Over just the last year I've seen Biden's walking gait and his response to questions slowing, and being less sure/stable - which wasn't good to begin with a year ago.

It seems many are on-board with rolling the dice and hoping for the best.

Back