The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Getting pretty sick of condemnations of Trump ending with “but I’ll still vote for him”…

When pressed on whether he would vote for Trump should he become the GOP nominee, Cassidy demurred.

“I’m going to vote for a Republican,” Cassidy said.
The Iowa poll talked about this morning had Trump 20% ahead of the field among Republicans. That would be 40% of Republicans polled. It might be hard to guess the colorful reasons I‘ve added. That does not mean they're not true, :oops:
  • They’re picking on him.
  • Weaponized Justice Dept.
  • He did nothing wrong.
  • I’ll vote for Beelzebub before any Democrat.
  • I’ve broken bad, and want to have intimate relations with him…
  • Fascism, it’s looking pretty good to me as long as I’m on top.
  • I‘ve always preferred liars to give me the advantage.
  • He can use me any way he wants too. ❤️‍🔥
  • He’s my favorite Golden Calf!
  • White Make Right!

The Iowa poll talked about this morning had Trump 20% ahead of the field among Republicans. That would be 40% of Republicans polled. It might be hard to guess the colorful reasons I‘ve added. That does not mean they're not true, :oops:
  • They’re picking on him.
  • Weaponized Justice Dept.
  • He did nothing wrong.
  • I’ll vote for Beelzebub before any Democrat.
  • I’ve broken bad, and want to have intimate relations with him…
  • Fascism, it’s looking pretty good to me as long as I’m on top.
  • I‘ve always preferred liars to give me the advantage.
  • He can use me any way he wants too. ❤️‍🔥
  • He’s my favorite Golden Calf!
  • White Make Right!

Read an article in the Atlantic saying that Trump’s apparent staying static or becoming more popular in Republican polls is somewhat misleading. In the zero sum game you have to also take into consideration that the other candidates are either not moving the needle or are becoming less popular. So if another candidate’s numbers go down then Trump’s go up by default.

Why should Fox News not have their own Barbie?

IMG_7011.jpg

Just saw this on Chris Hayes… This is becoming a trend I’m noticing - republicans are posting “attacks” on their opponents that the targets would probably gladly pay to have them put together - the only thing the video is missing is some sort music and an “I approve this message” voiceover.

I guess we’re going to see if this is a winning strategy for the RNC. 🤷

Wrap your head around this one. A trans woman got sentenced to 8 years in prison for her activities on 1/6….sentenced to a men’s prison. She’s reaching out to the far right nutters in Congress for help. Good luck with that.

On a side note, I wonder how many 1/6 inmates are going “My life would be so much worse if I voted for Biden.”

Debates coming up.

Other than Hutchinson and Christie, it’s a bunch of see no evil/hear no evil/speak no evil candidates who are deathly afraid to take on Trump. You can’t condemn him and you think he did a great job - that’s the Tim Scott/Nikki Hailey method, which is useless unless they’re running to be Trump’s VP.

If you like Trump, think he did a good job, did nothing wrong and doesn’t deserve to be prosecuted, you may as well just drop out and endorse Trump now instead of going through this charade.

Let’s see how bad this gets tonight!

*Made it about 30 seconds in before Joe Biden’s basement and Hunter Biden were mentioned.

**Ramaswamy is a good talker, but overly polished and it’s all hot air if you think Trump is an innocent man.

***Nikki Hailey sounding authentic - but isn’t because… what’s his face… Trump. If you can’t condemn, you can’t win.

**Ramaswamy - “Now that everyone’s gotten their memorized pre-prepared
slogans out of the way…”

Pence: “Was that one of yours?”

😂😂😂

Last edited:
Watched for about two minutes and couldn't take any more. They're attacking Bidenomics when the economy is recovering nicely from the utter disaster Trump left us with, just like Obama had to clean up after W's recession. But the GOP still pretends that it is the party of fiscal responsibility.

DeSantis really is an unlikeable asshole.

However, I do like the debate. Reminds me of years before the tea party, when I would seriously consider ALL candidates, not just a democrat one. I was interested in the GOP primaries, because I voted for candidates, not party.

Ramaswamy was booed for saying climate change is a hoax. 😮

There’s just this big cloud hanging over the whole thing. I can’t take any of these people seriously when they can’t adequately address a corrupt, criminal sleazebag who tried to overturn an election. They can’t watch all this play out, pretend Trump just misbehaved a tad a time or two, and then expect me to take them seriously. I can’t, even though there’s legit nothing more I would like.

Even the folks who will condemn Trump, like Christie, can’t live down the fact they were onboard the train up to the minute it derailed. Mitt Romney is literally the only conservative I can think of who has been consistent on Trump from 2016 until now. And he’s not running…

**They've learned nothing on abortion. They go to late-term abortion and then attack that, ignoring everything before that. They act like the only definition of abortion is killing the baby minutes before birth.

***Pence is quoting scripture. Sounds good, I wonder what verse he referred to when he learned his running mate raw dogged an adult film actress and paid for her silence. 🤷‍♂️

**They asked who would support Trump if he was convicted. Half of the hands went up, then Pence and DeSantis raised theirs once they saw others were. Pathetic.

**Tim Scott said the DoJ calls parents who show up to school board meetings “domestic terrorists”. That’s a pathetic lie.

***Ramaswamy is overbearing and annoying. I’ve seen enough. He was given 30 seconds and the crowd booed, haha.

Last edited:
Ramaswamy was booed for saying climate change is a hoax. 😮
And Chris Christie followed up (just going from memory) with “I’m sick of listening to this guy who sounds like ChatGPT! And he introduced himself as a skinny guy with a weird name. You know the last person to do that at a debate? Barack Obama. What is this, armature hour?” Sickest burn of the night 🤣

Pretty boring overall. No standouts or highlights. Everyone was who I expected. Mike Pence provably surprised me the most, he burned Ramaswamy a couple of times.

DeSantis was very boring and predictable. Full of BS. They asked if he’d be ok with going to Mexico with armed forces to take out street drug favorites and such. “Of course, on day one!” was his response. 🙄

On the positive side, it was a lot of policy and was mostly civil, and it shows the Republican Party can function like adults if they get the freak clown out of the way, but Chris Christie and Asa Hutchinson seem to be the only ones on stage willing to press the issue.

I don’t know who the crowd was comprised of, but they weren’t extreme in their responses. Seemed like a mixed crowd of conservatives, moderates and indies. Definitely pro-Trump, but not unreasonable.

No arguments over hand/schlong size, so that’s an improvement over 2016.

The audience confused me a bit by being pretty pro-Trump but Ramaswamy got booed for saying climate change was a hoax, which I swear is a very Trumpy position.

If the GOP truly wants Trump gone and he doesn’t show up to the debates I wonder if a better tactic is to not mention him at all in the questions or answers. If nothing else it would completely neuter the Trump trolls in the audience. Gives them nothing to react to other than the candidates themselves. If they start doing a Trump chant just tell them he was too scared to show up and move on.

I love how DeSantis is blown away that we’re all still talking about Trump. I’m sure we wouldn’t be if he didn’t have >90 felony counts against him and he’s way ahead in the polls.

I did not watch the Shit Spewer’s Debate, but it’s been reported that when asked “If The Head Liar is convicted, will you still support his sorry ass?“ seven of the nine candidates raised their hands. If this does not say it all, label the GOP as Party of Self Destructive LOSERS, I don’t know what does.
:unsure:

We all know what Trump is, and if you want to look inside the brains of the Cult:

A8A86E31-6B2C-41BC-B4DE-560B77F9179A.png

Watched for about two minutes and couldn't take any more. They're attacking Bidenomics when the economy is recovering nicely from the utter disaster Trump left us with, just like Obama had to clean up after W's recession. But the GOP still pretends that it is the party of fiscal responsibility.
These people are in fantasy land, preaching to the hallucinators.

Wrap your head around this one. A trans woman got sentenced to 8 years in prison for her activities on 1/6….sentenced to a men’s prison. She’s reaching out to the far right nutters in Congress for help. Good luck with that.

On a side note, I wonder how many 1/6 inmates are going “My life would be so much worse if I voted for Biden.”

I keep thinking about this and how it’s a perfect example of “They’re coming for you next”, and I’m not talking about the Biden crime family. When she signed up for Trumpism transgender people weren’t exactly a top group to attack, but here we are. I’d have some sympathy but she was probably on board with attacking groups she isn’t part of. This is exactly what fascists do, take relatively small and powerless groups and convince everybody those groups are the cause of all their problems.

I took this screenshot from an OAN story about Rudi yesterday. I'm not sure some of these people even understand what "News" actually means. They seem to think OAN owes them the news they want to hear.

Screenshot 2023-08-23 at 12.46.39 PM.png

I took this screenshot from an OAN story about Rudi yesterday. I'm not sure some of these people even understand what "News" actually means. They seem to think OAN owes them the news they want to hear.

View attachment 25510

It’s not been hyperbolic to call Trumpism a cult in quite a while. Maybe before COVID you could make a case he was just a rebel asshole who appealed to rubes, but the attacks on Fauci and science, the big lie, J6 and now the documents case shows me that it is indeed a full-blown cult, and has been for some time.

Last edited:
Back