The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Kevin McCarthy is twisting in the wind, this impeachment inquiry is going to tank. Neither of the impeachments of Trump hurt democrats - for obvious reasons (including being legit) - this is so transparently revenge for Trump that it’s probably going to backfire badly.

I highly doubt we’ll see an actual vote to impeach, and if we do, there’s even less chance of a conviction than there was with Trump.

Kevin McCarthy is making a big mistake, and I have zero care that he’s making it. This is not going to hurt Biden, at all.

Shit-for-brains Kevin McCarthy is an embarrassment to California. Watching him pursue this impeachment nonsense is really over the top. Pettiness at its finest. Yet he's A-OK with all of trump's criminality and fomenting an insurrection and attempted coup.

This is a shame, I don't agree too much with his policies but I would've accepted him as president, maybe even voted for him depending on the Democratic candidate. There's simply no room for anyone who isn't a MAGA Trump loon in the GOP right now, this is a real loss for the party.

Mitt Romney says he will not seek a second term in the Senate​

In a Post interview, Romney is critical of both Trump and Biden, and says most Republicans are drawn to a ‘populist demagogue message.’ His decision not to seek reelection is likely to be the end of the 2012 GOP presidential nominee’s political career.

This is a shame, I don't agree too much with his policies but I would've accepted him as president, maybe even voted for him depending on the Democratic candidate. There's simply no room for anyone who isn't a MAGA Trump loon in the GOP right now, this is a real loss for the party.

It’s still hard to believe that this isn’t just some random republican - this is the guy who was their presidential nominee before Trump! Three election cycles ago, that’s it!

And the guy before Romney? John McCain. Before that? Bush. Then another Bush. MAGAts hate them all.

Maybe Trump will be next?

Anyways, isn’t Mitt the only Republican who voted to convict Trump in the senate in both trials?

He may be leaving the senate - but not tomorrow. He can be a strong voice for defeating Trump, he has nothing to lose by doing what he’s always done, standing up for what used to be regular principles. Not conservative principles, just decency in general.

I watched the Netflix documentary of Mitt Romney’s campaign. Compare that film to documentaries on Trump or “Get Me Roger Stone” and you can see the rift within the GOP.

It’s still hard to believe that this isn’t just some random republican - this is the guy who was their presidential nominee before Trump! Three election cycles ago, that’s it!

And the guy before Romney? John McCain. Before that? Bush. Then another Bush. MAGAts hate them all.

Maybe Trump will be next?

Anyways, isn’t Mitt the only Republican who voted to convict Trump in the senate in both trials?

He may be leaving the senate - but not tomorrow. He can be a strong voice for defeating Trump, he has nothing to lose by doing what he’s always done, standing up for what used to be regular principles. Not conservative principles, just decency in general.

I watched the Netflix documentary of Mitt Romney’s campaign. Compare that film to documentaries on Trump or “Get Me Roger Stone” and you can see the rift within the GOP.
Also marched with BLM in the wake of the George Floyd murder. People can say what they want about him be he stands for what he believes in no matter what side they're on.

Wow, hadn't heard about this until now.

1etel34j13ob1.jpg

There's simply no room for anyone who isn't a MAGA Trump loon in the GOP right now, this is a real loss for the party.

Here is what I don’t understand.

Romney doesn’t vote the party line, and it’s a GOP MAGA problem.

Manchin doesn’t vote the party line and he is the worse person out there.

Here is what I don’t understand.

Romney doesn’t vote the party line, and it’s a GOP MAGA problem.

Manchin doesn’t vote the party line and he is the worse person out there.
To be fair Romney voted with Trump more than 75% of the time, but that's not really the point. It's that there are a lot or Republicans who are moderate that really just want to do the work of their constituents, not kiss the ring of a madman, and they're essentially snuffed out.

I know political divide will always be there between parties but it seems like the days of just disagreeing on policies are long gone and people like McCain and Romney were above all of this.

I agree with most of what you said.

But according to 538, Manchin voted with Biden 88% of the time.

He is also just doing what his constituents want, yet he is the biggest asshole this side of Trump.

He is also just doing what his constituents want, yet he is the biggest asshole this side of Trump.
What's the hangup on Manchin? He has zero to do with any of this, always with the whataboutism for some reason and I couldn't care less about the guy one way or another. Spending all of your time making comparisons while not acknowledging how MAGA is dragging the Republican party down is the main issue here, the party is fundamentally fractured.

Based on posting history, you seem bad at comparing things and just spew false equivalencies. ”Rapists and shoplifters are both criminals, why’d the rapist get a 10 year sentence and the shoplifter only a slap on the wrist? I don’t get it!”

BTW, the guy you’re likely to vote for in the next presidential election is a literal rapist, but I suppose you’ll vote for him anyway.

So when is gaetz going to announce he's running for prez? I'm bored and need to be entertained.

Based on posting history, you seem bad at comparing things and just spew false equivalencies. ”Rapists and shoplifters are both criminals, why’d the rapist get a 10 year sentence and the shoplifter only a slap on the wrist? I don’t get it!”

BTW, the guy you’re likely to vote for in the next presidential election is a literal rapist, but I suppose you’ll vote for him anyway.
Otherwise a good guy but would never acknowledge strife within his own party and will always point the finger at the other side. Meanwhile, you have Democrats not only questioning their own president but others within the party as well.

A good example is Hunter Biden, if he's done something wrong then he should be held accountable. This is a position held by people in both parties. But Trump? No way no how, exonerate him for everything and vote for him, even if you have to hold your nose.

What's the hangup on Manchin? He has zero to do with any of this, always with the whataboutism for some reason and I couldn't care less about the guy one way or another. Spending all of your time making comparisons while not acknowledging how MAGA is dragging the Republican party down is the main issue here, the party is fundamentally fractured.
Anyhoo... To put your main point back on the rails from the HF distraction. Romney retiring should be held as an example of these older politicians moving on at some age to make room for a fresh voice. This not only includes Biden, Pelosi, but Trump as well.

My only fear with the the good, is you are right for a Republican and Mormon, Romney wasn't completely soulless. I do have some fear of what will replace him though. Since 2015, every time I thought we were scraping the bottom of the barrel with regards to the Republican party, they kept proving me wrong.

Meanwhile, you have Democrats not only questioning their own president but others within the party as well.

My current personal favorite criticism from the right is “why is nobody talking about Biden’s age!?!” when literally everybody left, right, and center is talking about it. A 5 second google search proves that but I guess that’s too much effort.

Top sources for “concerns over Biden’s age”

MSNBC
Fox
Mediate
Daily Kos
PBS News
AP News
CNN
Politico
The Hill
New York Times

I could go on, but yeah “nobody”.

My current personal favorite criticism from the right is “why is nobody talking about Biden’s age!?!” when literally everybody left, right, and center is talking about it. A 5 second google search proves that but I guess that’s too much effort.

MSNBC
Fox
Mediate
Daily Kos
PBS News
AP News
CNN
Politico
The Hill
New York Times

WashPost, too.

I'm *assuming* that once the Dem primaries start, and Biden/Harris wins some primaries, if Biden should decide to not run (for whatever reason, voluntary or involuntary) at that point Harris would be running as the Dem presidential candidate for subsequent primaries. And likely be running against the R candidate in November?

Anybody with more knowledge care to weigh-in if that's true, or would there be some other mechanism available to side-step Harris?

Last edited:

MSNBC
Fox
Mediate
Daily Kos
PBS News
AP News
CNN
Politico
The Hill
New York Times

I am surprised they would even mention it, due to the the other leading candidates age.

Back