Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Instagram
WashPost, too.

I'm *assuming* that once the Dem primaries start, and Biden/Harris wins some primaries, if Biden should decide to not run (for whatever reason, voluntary or involuntary) at that point Harris would be running as the Dem presidential candidate for subsequent primaries. And likely be running against the R candidate in November?

Anybody with more knowledge care to weigh-in if that's true, or would there be some other mechanism available to side-step Harris?
If only he were the ripe young age of 77 he might get a free pass.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
What's the hangup on Manchin? He has zero to do with any of this, always with the whataboutism for some reason and I couldn't care less about the guy one way or another. Spending all of your time making comparisons while not acknowledging how MAGA is dragging the Republican party down is the main issue here, the party is fundamentally fractured.

It's not whataboutism. It's hypocrisy and both sides are affected. You do realize there is an entire thread here dedicated to Manchin and his failure to vote in lockstep with the Dems.

Both parties are broken and I am just waiting for the day until the independents or unaffiliated voters kick both of them to the curb.

Based on posting history, you seem bad at comparing things and just spew false equivalencies. ”Rapists and shoplifters are both criminals, why’d the rapist get a 10 year sentence and the shoplifter only a slap on the wrist? I don’t get it!”

It's not a false equivalency.

Romney doesn't vote with what the GOP wants: Dems: He is just representing his constituents.

Manchin doesn't vote with what the Dems want (ie representing his constituents): Dems: He needs to go away or he needs to be voted out of office, etc.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Instagram
It's not whataboutism.
Yes it is, 100%. You will never accept the failings of the Republican party without trying to draw a false equivalency, it has always been your MO since day one.

Romney is in your own party and by normal Republican standards is pretty Conservative. He made statements that made sense and your ONLY response is to bring up Manchin with "what about", you can't even credit the man after all he's done for his party. Just WTF? Sorry dude but you are one of the most MAGA people I've ever seen, at least own it.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Yes it is, 100%. You will never accept the failings of the Republican party without trying to draw a false equivalency, it has always been your MO since day one.

Please explain how it is a false equivalency? I don't think you can or will, but asking anyway.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Instagram
Please explain how it is a false equivalency? I don't think you can or will, but asking anyway.
My point is that it's "ALWAYS" an equivalency with you, this is just one of several. You never simply own anything with the party.

Try this. Do you agree or disagree with Romney? Or, do you believe Trump should be charged or is being treated fairly? But wait... try to answer both without mentioning Manchin or Hunter or any other Democrat that you want to use to juxtapose them with.

Go.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Instagram
But, Joe the President keeps saying stupid shit. Like, sometimes he uses the wrong word. And he has been doing it for decades.
Not just that but he's also doddering, he walks, talks and acts like a person you would expect is in their 80s. How in the world can anyone run the rigors of a campaign schedule at that age in that condition. Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of his positions and think he's served admirably, but he's just too old.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I have defended Manchin many times on here, so that cannot be used against me personally. I don’t agree with him a lot, but I don’t trash him nearly as much as the MAGA cult does Romney, specifically to avoid that optic.

The annoyance of dems with Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema is not on par with MAGA and their labeling of anyone who disagrees with Trump a RINO.

Mitt Romney has shared bits and pieces of the threats he and his family have faced - and they don’t come from democrats.

I dislike Manchin the politician; he seems like a charming dude though. But damn is he a stone in the shoe. Here’s a post I made recently…

I don't like Manchin tanking the dem agenda, and I know how many here feel about him. He pisses me off to. But I'll grant him this; he voted to impeach. Twice. In a perfect world, about a quarter or a third of congress would be true independents and require real dealmaking to end the gridlock. As it stands, each side is in a position where one or two senators can kill their agenda.

Last edited:

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Equivalency, yes. Still waiting to hear why it's false.

I will answer your question even though you didn't answer mine.

I agree with Romney some. Mostly. I do think he could have voted more with the President than he did. But would take him over a Dem.

Trump's charges? I think some are very politically based. Specifically the ones related to the documents. If possessing them is a crime, regardless of other circumstances, then it is a crime for anyone. Don't see Obama, Pence or Biden being charged for the classified documents they had. For every attorney that thinks the charges are valid, there is another one attorney that thinks they are bogus. I don't see him spending a day in jail over them. Yes, I mentioned other Dems, but also a Republican.

Not just that but he's also doddering, he walks, talks and acts like a person you would expect is in their 80s. How in the world can anyone run the rigors of a campaign schedule at that age in that condition. Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of his positions and think he's served admirably, but he's just too old.

Full credit for admitting this. Many on here will not. And how some fail to see what you just described is puzzling.

The annoyance of dems with Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema is not on par with MAGA and their labeling of anyone who disagrees with Trump a RINO.

Mitt, McCain, Graham and Cheney were RINO's long before Trump came down the escalator. Graham did move away from it a bit after McCain died.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Trump's charges? I think some are very politically based. Specifically the ones related to the documents. If possessing them is a crime, regardless of other circumstances, then it is a crime for anyone. Don't see Obama, Pence or Biden being charged for the classified documents they had. For every attorney that thinks the charges are valid, there is another one attorney that thinks they are bogus. I don't see him spending a day in jail over them. Yes, I mentioned other Dems, but also a Republican.

Now I know you drink the Fox Kool-Aid. 😂 you think that the hoopla is about possessing the documents.

What was the right repeating over and over during George Floyd incident? That’s right…. “All he had to do was comply”
Except one was accused of passing a $20 counterfeit bill. The other is accusted of ignoring a legal court order, obstructing, and sharing classified documents with people without clearance.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Now I know you drink the Fox Kool-Aid. 😂 you think that the hoopla is about possessing the documents.

What was the right repeating over and over during George Floyd incident? That’s right…. “All he had to do was comply”
Except one was accused of passing a $20 counterfeit bill. The other is accusted of ignoring a legal court order, obstructing, and sharing classified documents with people without clearance.

Seems like a False Equivalence. @Eric?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Vivek calls himself a "Second Amendment Absolutist"

“Everyone has a gun?” asked Cuomo, once a prominent figure in Democratic Party politics. “Everyone has an assault weapon? A former felon? No background check? Concealed carry?”
“Has the right to,” Ramaswamy responded. “And I do think concealed carry is important, constitutional carry is important.”

We need more flying lead.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Mitt, McCain, Graham and Cheney were RINO's long before Trump came down the escalator. Graham did move away from it a bit after McCain died.

Why did the Republican Party nominate two RINOS in a row for president, and why should I take them seriously when they elect Trump as a “true conservative”, someone who’s had no allegiance to anyone or anything, the least of which are any type of Republican or conservative principles. Unless you count racism, and many do.

The idea Liz Cheney is or was a RINO is a joke.

I’m just guessing, but I wouldn’t be surprised if there are people Trump supporters label as “RINOS” who voted in line with Trump policies more than some of the MAGA superstars. But that’s just a guess.

Who else are RINOs? The list of former party-favorites, Trump-endorsed candidates, Trump cabinet members and appointees who have been labeled as RINOs is long and getting longer.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Why did the Republican Party nominate two RINOS in a row for president, and why should I take them seriously when they elect Trump as a “true conservative”, someone who’s had no allegiance to anyone or anything, the least of which are any type of Republican or conservative principles. Unless you count racism, and many do.

I have never thought Trump was a "true conservative".

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Main Camera
Sony
Instagram
It seems to be a broad definition to some. To me, regardless of one's personal shortcomings, the question is does his policies align with yours. Abortion, gun rights, Conservative SCOTUS for decades to come, etc... all seem to be a Conservative agenda, right? I don't see how much more right it can get TBH.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

So the Republican Party is bereft of people who are conservative republicans, and they’ve nominated three, maybe four in a row depending on your opinions of Bush. Or is he a RINO too? I’m losing track.

Trump is an opportunist - everything he says that people love so much are exactly the things I’d say if I was trying to be a conservative poser. He’s a man with no values or morals, allegiance or true political vision or ideology beyond what he thinks will help him. Had he thought he could run as a democrat, I fully believe he would have.

If your opinion is “Well, I don’t like him but he’s effective”, I get that, but why not choose someone effective who stands for your values on principle and not as lip service?

Not trying to be snarky, I enjoy the discussion, but willingly or unwillingly you’re sort of the lone conservative friend on here. We need to recruit you some help!

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Don’t know if this should be taken with a grain of salt but given how much she is publicly into family values it would be on Republican brand for her to be cheating. Nobody would be shocked to find out the country’s mega churches have abortion factories in their basement.

Top Bottom
1 2