The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Christianity corrupted…

If you go watch a Christopher Hitchens speech and swap out religion for MAGA, you see his speeches still fit a great deal. Great claims with no evidence, any evidence that contradicts their stance they just say “No, that’s just more evidence for our side!”, it requires an amount of cognitive dissonance nobody, even the most fervent believers, apply in other aspects of their life (and if they do we rightfully call them crazy or imply they need help). They have uneditable, unquestionable stances where it’s a mortal sin to even use you supposed god-given mind to conjure up such questions, they must be suppressed. Indeed, it’s a crime in many places to even contemplate, consider or doubt religion.

The biggest similarity is that both are fond of lies based on nothing that have to be backfilled with clever narratives to make any semblance of sense.

It’s a form of political, psychological warfare the same kind religion likes to use. When you have states where the church is the government, you can see how that’s a very bad idea. It’s what allows women to be raped, and then killed for reporting it - all under the rule of law with gods blessing.

A little mentioned hypocrisy from Republicans is Trump apologists saying the guard rails (or what MAGA calls the deep state) will prevent Trump from being a dictator but when it comes to Biden he apparently incinerated all guard rails and plows through with his Marxist agenda. If the guard rails can’t stop frail feeble minded Biden then how will they stop strong man genius Trump?

Also how can Biden be both a one foot in the grave geriatric and sharp communist mastermind?

Trump on Emmer when Emmer was nominee for Speaker of the House - a whole two months ago;

IMG_0970.jpeg

Tom Emmer today;

IMG_0972.jpeg

A little mentioned hypocrisy from Republicans is Trump apologists saying the guard rails (or what MAGA calls the deep state) will prevent Trump from being a dictator but when it comes to Biden he apparently incinerated all guard rails and plows through with his Marxist agenda. If the guard rails can’t stop frail feeble minded Biden then how will they stop strong man genius Trump?

Also how can Biden be both a one foot in the grave geriatric and sharp communist mastermind?
Doublespeak for MAGA idiots…

I don’t know where we are on the college debt forgiveness thing but if it’s out there I trust that Republican college graduates share the same principles as their politicians and refused to take the federal assistance. On Christmas their kids just get a card that says “I didn’t increase the national debt by 10k! Future you will thank me!”

I don’t know where we are on the college debt forgiveness thing but if it’s out there I trust that Republican college graduates share the same principles as their politicians and refused to take the federal assistance. On Christmas their kids just get a card that says “I didn’t increase the national debt by 10k! Future you will thank me!”

They have no morals. It’s like Trump’s tax policy - “they’re stupid, I don’t have to pay them, and I’m very smart for using the laws to not pay them.”

But he loves America, just not enough to fund it. They always remind us nothing is free, yet it’s the tax dodgers who use the most infrastructure that the tax dollars pay for.

They have no morals. It’s like Trump’s tax policy - “they’re stupid, I don’t have to pay them, and I’m very smart for using the laws to not pay them.”

But he loves America, just not enough to fund it. They always remind us nothing is free, yet it’s the tax dodgers who use the most infrastructure that the tax dollars pay for.

So are you saying liberal billionaires aren't doing everything they can to pay as little tax as possible?

So are you saying liberal billionaires aren't doing everything they can to pay as little tax as possible?

eh, not exactly. I'm saying Trump is a criminal who evaded taxes and that's far worse than just lobbying for loopholes but following the laws, which are bad enough and rigged in their favor anyways. And I mixed that with the observation that billionaires who live extravagant lifestyles could not do so without the vast infrastructure funded by taxpayers. It's a moral wrong to ask your average worker to contribute more of their piece of pie to that system than those who use our airspace, roads, seas, airwaves, etc. the most.

That's not even a philosophical or moral debate, that's math one really.
And yes, I am saying it applies to Hunter Biden as well if he broke the tax laws. At least he's not in front of cameras saying he had a right to not pay taxes and that it makes him "very smart".

eh, not exactly. I'm saying Trump is a criminal who evaded taxes and that's far worse than just lobbying for loopholes but following the laws, which are bad enough and rigged in their favor anyways. And I mixed that with the observation that billionaires who live extravagant lifestyles could not do so without the vast infrastructure funded by taxpayers. It's a moral wrong to ask your average worker to contribute more of their piece of pie to that system than those who use our airspace, roads, seas, airwaves, etc. the most.

That's not even a philosophical or moral debate, that's math one really.
And yes, I am saying it applies to Hunter Biden as well if he broke the tax laws. At least he's not in front of cameras saying he had a right to not pay taxes and that it makes him "very smart".

Yes, the tax code is broken, but that applies to all billionaires, not just Trump. Both parties allowed this to happen.

I can't tell if you mean that there are no "liberal" billionaires or that billionaires aren't actually liberal.

Economics is fundamental to social order. To become a billionaire, you have to follow a conservative-like ethos rather assiduously and stick to it. Some billionaires may express "liberal" views (women's rights, racial equity, gun control, pacifism, etc), but by dint of mainaining their immense wealth, they are conservative at the very least. The "liberal" views of a billionaire are words, nothing more.

Yes, the tax code is broken, but that applies to all billionaires, not just Trump. Both parties allowed this to happen.

Yes, and one party is winning the battle of reforming it. Yes, democrats have failed to move impactful legislation, but it would be ludicrous to argue one party isn’t in favor of tax reform with the elected officials in office to get it done if not for a small handful of holdouts. There is no work being done by conservatives to reform the tax system, nor any platform for them.

There is no Bernie Sanders of the right, unless you would consider a conservative Bernie to be a zealot for giving rich people more. In that sense, I would say most conservatives are like conservative Bernies.

Yes, and one party is winning the battle of reforming it. Yes, democrats have failed to move impactful legislation, but it would be ludicrous to argue one party isn’t in favor of tax reform with the elected officials in office to get it done if not for a small handful of holdouts. There is no work being done by conservatives to reform the tax system, nor any platform for them.

There is no Bernie Sanders of the right, unless you would consider a conservative Bernie to be a zealot for giving rich people more. In that sense, I would say most conservatives are like conservative Bernies.

I think for most democrats, certainly mainstream corporate Dems, they have zero serious intention of tax reform. After all, it’s these tax “loopholes” (not sure why they are called that when such policies are explicit tax code). The donor class and companies that fund these politicians don’t want reforms and therefore will not be addressed.

The difference is with Dems is that they use the ideas of billionaire taxes and closing loopholes to garner votes. Don’t
worry, the republicans are guilty of similar tactics.

And the few Dems that take these reforms seriously are naive to think billionaire's won’t shufle their money around or move it elsewhere to avoid taxes. Or that loopholes will intentionally be included by their peers.

And some either dumb enough to believe (or believe the public is) to suggest things like 2% tax on net worth per year- which assumes billionaires j have 20+ million in cash on hand.

Say a guy has a $1B net worth but nearly all of it tied up in his compajy’s stock. He’s going for I have to sell $20m in product ro pay his taxes- which then devalues he remainder of his stove

On a random note/ - I would like to point out to the republican leadership- remember how infuriating it was when Biden pulled the rug out on Afghanistan and was rightly criticized for how poorly the withdrawal was executed.? And how we basically turned our back on the

Back