The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

I think for most democrats, certainly mainstream corporate Dems, they have zero serious intention of tax reform. After all, it’s these tax “loopholes” (not sure why they are called that when such policies are explicit tax code). The donor class and companies that fund these politicians don’t want reforms and therefore will not be addressed.

The difference is with Dems is that they use the ideas of billionaire taxes and closing loopholes to garner votes. Don’t
worry, the republicans are guilty of similar tactics.

And the few Dems that take these reforms seriously are naive to think billionaire's won’t shufle their money around or move it elsewhere to avoid taxes. Or that loopholes will intentionally be included by their peers.

And some either dumb enough to believe (or believe the public is) to suggest things like 2% tax on net worth per year- which assumes billionaires j have 20+ million in cash on hand.

Say a guy has a $1B net worth but nearly all of it tied up in his compajy’s stock. He’s going for I have to sell $20m in product ro pay his taxes- which then devalues he remainder of his stove

Can’t do anything, it won’t help, so why bother… is that your stance? What should be done? Do you agree there is a mostly one-way transfer of wealth in this country that has been going on for some time and getting worse?

Hikki Nailey backtracked on her debate stumble, saying that of course the Civil War was about slavery, but it was also about our personal freedoms.

Okaaay. That seems a bit hard to reconcile.

Audio of Trump's lawyers in court today in DC - Trump and Smith are both in court.

The arguments from Trump's lawyers are ridiculous.

Audio of Trump's lawyers in court today in DC - Trump and Smith are both in court.

The arguments from Trump's lawyers are ridiculous.
Let's see what kind of knots the SC is going to tie them selves up in to appease Trump.

My god, can you imagine the Republican outrage if you supplanted Biden's name where Trump exists in all of these charges where Trump claims immunity. Let's just take one thing. Jan 6th 2021, Biden falsely decides that the Nov 2020 was fixed and riles up his supporters to storm the Capitol to overturn the Electoral count.

Last edited:
*EDIT - Who watched the Hunter contempt hearings today? AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!

Not. Serious. People.

This guy (MO SoS) is trying to remove Biden from the ballot based on…. Nothing, I guess. And it’s against his constitution. Yet… well…

6:12 is great…

Last edited:
Chris Christie has suspended his campaign ahead of the Iowa caucus.

It's going to be Trump vs. Haley. My money is on Trump, seeing as Haley seems to be running for a spot in Trump's cabinet rather than against him. That said, I'm not convinced he's the nominee if Haley gains steam after New Hampshire.

We shall see.

*Also… Mike Johnson is getting his turn playing an un-winnable game of “Please the caucus”. He may not be long for the gavel..

Last edited:
Chris Christie has suspended his campaign ahead of the Iowa caucus.

It's going to be Trump vs. Haley. My money is on Trump, seeing as Haley seems to be running for a spot in Trump's cabinet rather than against him. That said, I'm not convinced he's the nominee if Haley gains steam after New Hampshire.

We shall see.

I think SC will do for Haley like it did for Biden in 2020. If she can't win there, she can't win.

Nikki Haley has a real shot, but her biggest detractors I’ve seen on social media are not democrats, but MAGA republicans. That includes talking heads like Ann Coulter. She caters to the far-right too much to be liked by democrats, but she’s not extreme enough for the far-right, which arguably is now the majority of the GOP.

Having said that, she’s infinitely better than Trump, there probably wouldn’t be a horrible story in the news over something insane she’s said or done, and I don’t think she’d be a national security threat. It would depend on her cabinet, I suppose. Either way, she’s not Trump.

As for Congress, we can see 2024 is not starting off any better than last year. If Johnson gets ousted, then what? Will they get Speaker Gym this time? Or will they come to their senses and start ignoring the MAGA dipshits and legislating together?

Last edited:

TL;DW

Reads from the documents of each state declaring explicitly why they were joining the confederacy. Mixed in the grandiose word salads slavery is specifically cited as the reason from economic impact to white supremacy. Even the less explicit states used the term "fellow slave holding states" as the great common unifier. As he said, this isn’t up for debate.

TL;DW

Reads from the documents of each state declaring explicitly why they were joining the confederacy. Mixed in the grandiose word salads slavery is specifically cited as the reason from economic impact to white supremacy. Even the less explicit states used the term "fellow slave holding states" as the great common unifier. As he said, this isn’t up for debate.

Sad this has to be proven in 2024. You know it was about slavery because even some of the Union soldiers who were fighting the south did so begrudgingly and with resentment that they were doing it for a reason they cared nothing about - slavery. Not every Confederate soldier was a racist slaveowner, and not every Union soldier was an abolitionist. But only a damn fool would deny the underlying reason.

In fact, it was the mere fear of slavery ending and not being allowed to continue to spread to new territories, not the actual abolition of it - along with tense skirmishes - that brought about the war. Theorerically, with calmer heads, slavery may have lasted longer if the pro-slavery forces weren’t so damn passionately pro-slavery, almost to the point of religion; it’s not enough I have slaves, I must ensure this great institution is available to every white man like myself, present and future, both here and elsewhere.

Not in the US.
Sorry, but they sure did.

In 1830, there were 3,775 black (including mixed-race) slaveholders in the South who owned a total of 12,760 slaves, which was a small percentage of a total of over two million slaves then held in the South. 80% of the black slaveholders were located in Louisiana, South Carolina, Virginia and Maryland.

Also:

And people are worried about how Florida is teaching Black history. SMDH

Wait, so Blacks didn't own slaves?

If I lived in whatever nation blacks kept slaves, my arguments would be tailored to that. I do not. My issues are kind of local to the USA on account of our politicians removing words from books to hide the race of civil rights figures, suggest slavery was really a vocational program, or can’t even mention the word when discussing the cause of the civil war.

I could sit here and whine about the Romans or Egyptians keeping slaves too, but it’s a little less pertinent to what’s happening and has happened in this country.

In 1830, there were 3,775 black (including mixed-race) slaveholders in the South who owned a total of 12,760 slaves, which was a small percentage of a total of over two million slaves then held in the South. 80% of the black slaveholders were located in Louisiana, South Carolina, Virginia and Maryland.
I’m genuinely surprised. I know many of the people who swear the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery will throw out the fact that slaves were sold to traders by their own people. Thank you.

I’m genuinely surprised. I know many of the people who swear the Civil War had nothing to do with slavery will throw out the fact that slaves were sold to traders by their own people. Thank you.
yep somehow that justifies slavery in their minds.

Back