The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Trump - even with the corruption, lies and ego - would have been a resounding success without the racism. Same shit policies, same inflated ego - but without the hate, it would have been endearing and funny. More like a comedy than a car wreck. He blew it, big, and I believe it’s because he’s an authentic PoS racist. The only time Trump can’t seem to tell a lie is when he’s asked to condemn racists or dictators.

She gave the answer today she should have given yesterday, which was that the civil war was about slavery. It’s not a hard question to answer. Would you vote for a politician who tells you the answer to 2+2 is “a number that totals two sets of two, and is larger than two”. If it took them being criticized to admit the answer is 4, then I’ll be shopping elsewhere.

For someone who said the racist church shootings that killed several black people was her most challenging moment as governor, she hasn’t seemed to learn much.

Nearly 200 years on, they’re still trying to rewrite history and defend the vile.

I take issue with this because it’s not hard to add nuance to history. Yes, not all the union soldiers were anti-slavery crusaders. Not all the confederate soldiers were racist slaveowners. Much like Trump tried to stay in power and used election lies to further his true cause - staying in office - I’m sure there were propaganda campaigns to turn the desire to continue to own slaves into arguments about other things.

So how hard is it to say “The civil war was about slavery, and here’s how it went down”… then you go into the details and nuances of the war. Slavery should be the first thing mentioned, not the last. This would be like asking her about the holocaust and having no mention of anti-Semitism or Jews.

Another good save would have been changing the subject to what a great Republican President Lincoln was. But like I said, the first reflexive thought of every GOP politician is “What would white supremacists do?”. That’s not saying the entire GOP are white supremacists. It’s just the first constituency they are concerned about in what they say and do.

But the fact is she is never going to get the MAGA voter and attempting to appeal to them is just going to lose her votes from people who aren’t MAGA.

Little confused by the Colorado thing.

Apparently Trump is back on the ballot after the Colorado GOP appealed. What is the basis for putting him back on simply because the other side filed an appeal?

The Maine thing is a bit more troubling in that a single person, the SOS, made the decision Trump was ineligible. That could set a horrible precident.

Little confused by the Colorado thing.

Apparently Trump is back on the ballot after the Colorado GOP appealed. What is the basis for putting him back on simply because the other side filed an appeal?

The Maine thing is a bit more troubling in that a single person, the SOS, made the decision Trump was ineligible. That could set a horrible precident.
The Colorado SC had put a stay on their decision - the appeal extends it.

The Maine SOS followed state law. However, her ruling next goes to state courts.

Ultimately, the SCOTUS will probably decide. I guess states’ rights only go so far.

Haley seems to be intentionally sabatoging her momentum. I guess these candidates have just decided it’s over and are going to help push Trump over the finish line.

Haley seems to be intentionally sabatoging her momentum. I guess these candidates have just decided it’s over and are going to help push Trump over the finish line.

In a word... disgusting. The Law and Order party, indeed.

Like I said earlier, she’s attempting to court the part of the base that will never vote for her while systematically turning off everybody else in the process.

IMG_0868.jpeg

Fascinating story behind this picture that shows what a bunch of power hungry heretic windsocks evangelical leaders are. Back in the 70’s Jerry Falwell Sr famously railed against Jimmy Carter based on the fact he did an interview with Playboy as a candidate which proved he was morally unfit for office.

The above picture is of candidate Trump in 2016 with Jerry Falwell Jr during a Christian leaders convention where Jerry showered him with praise to the crowd. On the wall behind them on the right there is a framed Playboy with Trump on the cover.

Like I said earlier, she’s attempting to court the part of the base that will never vote for her while systematically turning off everybody else in the process.
Haley is angling to be on the ticket with Trump. I guess she figures he'll either die in office or she'll be in a good position to run in '28. And if for some reason Trump doesn't run this time. Haley thinks she'll be the least objectionable alternative and will bring at least some of the MAGAs along with her. But I don't think she'll ever have enough national appeal, especially if the Ds nominate someone like Newsom in 4 years.

Haley is angling to be on the ticket with Trump. I guess she figures he'll either die in office or she'll be in a good position to run in '28. And if for some reason Trump doesn't run this time. Haley thinks she'll be the least objectionable alternative and will bring at least some of the MAGAs along with her. But I don't think she'll ever have enough national appeal, especially if the Ds nominate someone like Newsom in 4 years.

Trump is being noncommittal about the possibility of Haley as VP, but I think he’s doing that for a very specific reason – to make her pathetically grovel to him on the campaign trail which makes her less appealing to other voters. He already knows MAGA can’t stand her. Once her failed audition for VP kills her chances of being the top contender for President he'll throw her under the bus like he does everybody else. Once you kiss the ring he loses all respect for you and you just become a puppet for his amusement.

Watching some videos of Christopher Hitchens arguing against religion in the wake of unrest over cartoons over Mohammed published by newspapers in Europe…

A lot of the arguments he and even the anti-terrorist Muslim panelist made against Muslim leaders sounds like they could be talking about the modern GOP.

The Republican presidential hopeful added that she believes the person who asked the question was "a Democrat [sic] plant."

Really? A plant? What does it matter. In fact, if democrats were smart enough to put a plant in there to sabatoge her with that doozy of a question, whoever came up with that plan needs to be Biden’s campaign manager.

Yeah, what a crazy, tricky question. Maybe I’ll show up to her next town hall to sabotage it with a gotcha question like “Does President Biden have a right to call Ukraine or Israel and ask for dirt on Trump or his children? Does Kamala Harris have the right to reject electors? Is it ok if the Biden campaign gets to work on “alternate electors” and making fake certificates, maybe calls up Jamie Raskin and Adam Schiff to get some staffers to work out getting those fake ballots to Kamala before she rejects the Trump electors should he win?”

Frankly, I wish the press did more of these kind of questions. They sometimes do, like when they ask “Did Trump lose in 2020? Is Biden the president?” But they need to do it more often. The person who asked Haley that question, plant or not, did everyone a favor. Haley knew what she was doing, she didn’t misspeak. In the GOP, it’s easier to deny in the moment and then do damage control than it is to just tell the goddamn obvious truth.

I’d like to take a moment to at least acknowledge some of the important work house republicans got done this year, since I spent the rest of the year bashing them, it’s only fair…

1. Didn’t shut down the government.

Aaaand, I’m done.

It would be remiss of me to not take the time to mention it when it took so little time compared to the rest of the hours I’ve spent here bashing them.

View attachment 27795

Fascinating story behind this picture that shows what a bunch of power hungry heretic windsocks evangelical leaders are. Back in the 70’s Jerry Falwell Sr famously railed against Jimmy Carter based on the fact he did an interview with Playboy as a candidate which proved he was morally unfit for office.

The above picture is of candidate Trump in 2016 with Jerry Falwell Jr during a Christian leaders convention where Jerry showered him with praise to the crowd. On the wall behind them on the right there is a framed Playboy with Trump on the cover.
Christianity corrupted…

Christianity corrupted…

Got that tidbit from the book The Kingdom, The Power, And the Glory which tells the journey of the complete corruption of Evangelical churches which in no way should be associated with Christianity. There is nothing Christ-like about them. They marinade in the Old Testament and have very little knowledge of Jesus. They worship American mythology. Many changed churches because the one they belonged to for many years wasn’t Fox News enough for them now.

The prosperity gospel is a complete abomination. Not only is it completely antithetical to Jesus’ explicit teachings, but also by that belief system given Jesus’ life and ultimate end he wasn’t enough of a believer. If he had more faith then God wouldn’t have filled his life with so much poverty and suffering.

Satan offered power and control over mankind to Jesus if he switched teams but Jesus rejected him saying the real goal is the kingdom of heaven and no power in this world should be sought. Seems Evangelicals had the same meeting with Satan and said “Yes please!”

Back