The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

When it comes to economic issues, it doesn't matter what the news, politicians or anyone else for that matter says. Household budgets are not complicated and people know what they are spending on things. So the administration can say inflation is down, but when their grocery bill is going up every month, what inflation is doing is irrelevant.

Well, you can expect lingering inflation when the execs and CEOs all trade emails and texts during COVID, conspiring to raise prices on their goods or services even if they weren't impacted by COVID, eagerly anticipating keeping costs high after COVID regardless of what their bottom looks like... then you have the GOP's head guy on trial for business fraud who brags about his wealth but also says his legal documents that he attested to are worthless and he can just make up numbers as he sees fit. I wish I could go to the dealership today and do a trade-in for a brand new Lincoln Navigator. Seems reasonable if I can tell them a '98 Toyota Camry is actually worth $250,000 because... well, because I say it is.

Just read a report today that the top 1% now hold more wealth than the middle class (breakdown in numbers in link). That is not a sustainable system; that's water circling the drain. As these uber-wealthy become wealthier, they amass more and more wealth resulting in less for everyone else. In that same article, 30 years ago, the middle class owned twice as much wealth combined as the top 1%. That is the 90's we're talking about, not the 50's or the 60's. How is this a sustainable system? Are the entire working class of America not pulling themselves up by their bootstraps? Are hardworking republican Americans lazy slobs falling behind the work ethic of the billionaire class?

Well, you can expect lingering inflation when the execs and CEOs all trade emails and texts during COVID, conspiring to raise prices on their goods or services even if they weren't impacted by COVID, eagerly anticipating keeping costs high after COVID regardless of what their bottom looks like... then you have the GOP's head guy on trial for business fraud who brags about his wealth but also says his legal documents that he attested to are worthless and he can just make up numbers as he sees fit. I wish I could go to the dealership today and do a trade-in for a brand new Lincoln Navigator. Seems reasonable if I can tell them a '98 Toyota Camry is actually worth $250,000 because... well, because I say it is.

Just read a report today that the top 1% now hold more wealth than the middle class (breakdown in numbers in link). That is not a sustainable system; that's water circling the drain. As these uber-wealthy become wealthier, they amass more and more wealth resulting in less for everyone else. In that same article, 30 years ago, the middle class owned twice as much wealth combined as the top 1%. That is the 90's we're talking about, not the 50's or the 60's. How is this a sustainable system? Are the entire working class of America not pulling themselves up by their bootstraps? Are hardworking republican Americans lazy slobs falling behind the work ethic of the billionaire class?

There are currently 735 billionaires in the US. Just the top 25 are collectively worth $1.8 trillion. If we capped their wealth at $1 billion and “redistributed” the remainder it would be about $5,500 or roughly $460 a month to every man, woman, and child in the US.

Even more to each person if you also include the other 710 billionaires not part of the top 25.

To perpetuate the myth that these billionaires work hard for their money, on the receiving end in the split subtract those who aren’t working due to age (on either end) or laziness, or whatever. That’s a ton more money for those who are working.

I wouldn’t be surprised if taking all those factors into consideration that every working American would be making an extra $20,000 a year…and those at the top would still be billionaires.

The conservative frontrunner for President, ladies and gentlemen. This should be in a Biden ad with footage of brave men and women returning home to emotional family, showing them on the frontlines and newspaper clips of the brave feats of men and women in uniform, overplayed with Trump bragging that an unnamed general told him his F*****G Access Hollywood tape response was the bravest thing he had ever seen....

“But you know, the next day, or very shortly thereafter, we had the debate… I went onto that stage just a few days later, and a general, who’s a fantastic general, actually said to me, ‘Sir, I’ve been on the battlefield, men have gone down on my left and on my right, I stood on hills where soldiers were killed, but I believe the bravest thing I’ve ever seen was the night you went onto that stage with Hillary Clinton after what happened, and then that woman asked you the first question about it, and [you] said ‘locker room talk.’”

One of two things happened - either this general does not exist and this is all Trump's lunatic improv, or a general mocked him and Trump took him seriously. It wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Rhetorical question, but where are the republicans in condemning this garbage? Do we have any members of congress who's children have been killed in service? I'd like to ask them what they think of that.

Mike Johnson - and I've said this before and will say it again - is in way over his head and not ready for the big stage. His natural role is shit-stirrer behind the scenes. He's one of those skinheads you see in documentaries who's too good to cut his hair. I have seen many past clips the last 48 hours of him saying "we need to vote on individual bills, not these package deals" - yet he doesn't want to hold a vote on Ukraine aid without making it contingent on border security. That's the opposite of what he (and Matt Gaetz and others) have been harping about non-stop during budget negotiations.

He said Trump's first impeachments were one-party dealings the founding fathers would have feared. Well, he's doing them one better - one party impeachment with no crime, no evidence of a crime, no NOTHING. "Your son broke the law so you must have to" is their impeachment. That's it.

And he doesn't want Hunter Biden to testify publicly, because if that happens, they can't distort the narrative (or in their case, just totally make shit up.)

Also.. Texas deserves their leaders. The republican citizens of Texas will be singing a different tune once suspected criminal Ken Paxton, Trump fluffer Abbott and the rest of their geriatric anti-abortion crusading white men start impacting their lives directly.

Just think about it - a woman had to go before the court to ask for permission to handle a health care decision regarding her body. The judge agreed to let her get it, the state (AG Ken Paxton personally, probably) tried to block her. This one, individual woman. And the AG also threatened healthcare professionals in his state should they do what a court order authorized them to do.

This is not an anomaly in the law, this is the law working as intended. And what do the senators from Texas have to say about this? Not a damn thing.

https://themessenger.com/politics/texas-sens-cruz-cornyn-dodge-on-abortion-amid-kate-cox-case

Weak, egotistical, addicted to flying, shaking hands and having dinner. The only real passion they have are being throbbing, roid-covered assholes. Ted Cruz looks like he smells like one too. Do better Texas.

Heard a good discussion about the border crisis. The issue is less people walking over the border or getting smuggled in than it is people abusing our asylum system by the millions. Basically people claim they are being persecuted in their country and then are allowed to stay and work here until their case gets heard by a judge which can take over a decade. Once their case gets heard 2/3rds of them are denied. That’s assuming they even show up to court and many don’t. So the solution here is more judges and associated staff to hear these cases within weeks, not years. But that’s not what the right wants. All they want is a wall and ability to shoot and punish immigrants with impunity, neither of which would do a damn thing about the real issue I just stated.

But that also made me realize something. If the solution doesn’t involve a common scenario in video games then the right isn’t interested. Activision needs to seriously get cracking on Call of the Administrative State franchise.

Abbott also has the Texas National Guard deployed over Christmas to handle this “emergency” at the border. (They’ve been deployed for quite a while now, and it’s quite a terrible saga of mistreated troops, forced away from their families for months because Abbott wants to get political points). One of the deployed soldiers shared the Christmas experience on reddit:

I wonder if this is now OK since a Dem Governor is doing it?

I wonder if this is now OK since a Dem Governor is doing it?

That is a rather/very different thing. The AZ governor wants to re-open the crossing, which is semantically the opposite of what the Tejas government seems to want.

And, closing a border crossing is not necessarily cheaper than having it open: you still have to keep folks there, to guard the gate. But the Lukeville crossing is just west of BFE, the nearest town being Why, the nearest city of note, Gila Bend, at least sixty miles north.

Ultimately, it is not a simple matter of they did so why can't we – there is a lot to this.

Ultimately, it is not a simple matter of they did so why can't we – there is a lot to this.

Yes, there is. But the same underlying issue, which is expressed by the Governor, is that the Administration is not doing enough to handle the border crisis.

Matt "King of the Incels" Walsh:
Why should the man play the traditionally masculine role of paying for meals if the woman is not going to play the traditionally feminine role in return?

Well, let me see, oh, yeah, the traditional feminine role was to wait for the man to ask for her hand in marriage. Sadly for Matt, 13-year-old girls are not marrying much-older men like in the good old days.

The New Republican Party

IMG_5079.jpeg

Did you wash behind your ears?

The New Republican Party

Did you wash behind your ears?

He left “deeply closeted” off the list. I’d also like to know how - since 2016, coincidentally - “alpha male” is now being used to describe metrosexuals - heavily made-up and hairsprayed men in pressed clothes who engage in absolutely no physical activity whatsoever beyond walking to their seat or limo. Which there’s nothing wrong with - by the way. But it’s not what I’d consider to be an “alpha male. This is more like “Chris Farley Goes To The Hair Salon” than a Clint Eastwood flick.

His website is modeled after Trump’s - lots of hyperbole, grift and fluffing the balls of its subject with never-ending praise and affirmation.

I’d also like to know how - since 2016, coincidentally - “alpha male” is now being used to describe metrosexuals

It is just like "I'm very smart": if you have to tell people, then you are basically the opposite of that. A truly smart person, or an "alpha" (WETF that even means), lets other people figure it out.

Honestly, if they could get off the white supremacy kick and focus entirely on grievance and disappointment in life for everybody then that could probably flip them to the real majority party.

Fear and Hate ’28!

Trump - even with the corruption, lies and ego - would have been a resounding success without the racism. Same shit policies, same inflated ego - but without the hate, it would have been endearing and funny. More like a comedy than a car wreck. He blew it, big, and I believe it’s because he’s an authentic PoS racist. The only time Trump can’t seem to tell a lie is when he’s asked to condemn racists or dictators.

The first rule of GOP politics is don't say anything that may offend white supremacists.

She gave the answer today she should have given yesterday, which was that the civil war was about slavery. It’s not a hard question to answer. Would you vote for a politician who tells you the answer to 2+2 is “a number that totals two sets of two, and is larger than two”. If it took them being criticized to admit the answer is 4, then I’ll be shopping elsewhere.

For someone who said the racist church shootings that killed several black people was her most challenging moment as governor, she hasn’t seemed to learn much.

Nearly 200 years on, they’re still trying to rewrite history and defend the vile.

I take issue with this because it’s not hard to add nuance to history. Yes, not all the union soldiers were anti-slavery crusaders. Not all the confederate soldiers were racist slaveowners. Much like Trump tried to stay in power and used election lies to further his true cause - staying in office - I’m sure there were propaganda campaigns to turn the desire to continue to own slaves into arguments about other things.

So how hard is it to say “The civil war was about slavery, and here’s how it went down”… then you go into the details and nuances of the war. Slavery should be the first thing mentioned, not the last. This would be like asking her about the holocaust and having no mention of anti-Semitism or Jews.

Trump - even with the corruption, lies and ego - would have been a resounding success without the racism. Same shit policies, same inflated ego - but without the hate, it would have been endearing and funny. More like a comedy than a car wreck. He blew it, big, and I believe it’s because he’s an authentic PoS racist. The only time Trump can’t seem to tell a lie is when he’s asked to condemn racists or dictators.

She gave the answer today she should have given yesterday, which was that the civil war was about slavery. It’s not a hard question to answer. Would you vote for a politician who tells you the answer to 2+2 is “a number that totals two sets of two, and is larger than two”. If it took them being criticized to admit the answer is 4, then I’ll be shopping elsewhere.

For someone who said the racist church shootings that killed several black people was her most challenging moment as governor, she hasn’t seemed to learn much.

Nearly 200 years on, they’re still trying to rewrite history and defend the vile.

I take issue with this because it’s not hard to add nuance to history. Yes, not all the union soldiers were anti-slavery crusaders. Not all the confederate soldiers were racist slaveowners. Much like Trump tried to stay in power and used election lies to further his true cause - staying in office - I’m sure there were propaganda campaigns to turn the desire to continue to own slaves into arguments about other things.

So how hard is it to say “The civil war was about slavery, and here’s how it went down”… then you go into the details and nuances of the war. Slavery should be the first thing mentioned, not the last. This would be like asking her about the holocaust and having no mention of anti-Semitism or Jews.
Gets hard to answer when you want full-on racists to vote for you.

How hard? Not being critical of you…Look at the entire Right Wing “Anti-Woke” campaign, books banned, altered white washed, suppressed history, intolerance towards anything that falls outside corrupted Christian straight jackets, and it’s a lot more than just don’t talk about things that make us uncomfortable, it’s active prejudice and racism. If we talk about these thing, we might actually have to change our ways, someone else might achieve some advantage over us…😳

Back