The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

this always seems the way these names work. well its liberty for them no one else.
Still not seeing how it's Liberty.

Oxford definition:

1. the state of being free within society from oppressive restrictions imposed by authority on one's way of life, behavior, or political views.

2. the power or scope to act as one pleases.

In both definitions, it is about freedom of an individual, and it doesn't mention implementing your individual sense of freedom onto others. Just confused by the name. If I knew nothing about this group, and was perusing groups to join I would be shocked during at the first meeting.

Speaker: Order, Order. Okay lets talk about book banning.
Me: Yes! We have to stop those fascist, knuckle dragging, morons!
*silence*
Everyone slowly turns to look at me...

Still not seeing how it's Liberty.

In both definitions, it is about freedom of an individual, and it doesn't mention implementing your individual sense of freedom onto others. Just confused by the name. If I knew nothing about this group, and was perusing groups to join I would be shocked during at the first meeting.

Speaker: Order, Order. Okay lets talk about book banning.
Me: Yes! We have to stop those fascist, knuckle dragging, morons!
*silence*
Everyone slowly turns to look at me...

We’re probably a few voting cycles away from Republicans renaming the party The Totally Not Fascist Party. Then there’s just no way anybody would think they are fascists. They’ve moved past chess and are now playing 5D Frogger.

Fox News, concerned about carbon emissions since 2024

sz38wghi27gc1.jpeg

Jon Voight is a good actor. I won’t take that away from him because his political views are garbage. But Jon Voight ain’t moving no votes. If 86 year old white men who claimed to have personal relationships with an alleged ancient man who’s been deceased for two thousand years moved votes, republicans would already rule the land, and there would be no reason for famous 86 year old white men who claim to have personal relationships with an alleged ancient man who’s been deceased for two thousand years to be public about it.

*Edited - an alleged ancient man who was deceased and then allegedly returned from the dead before parting into another realm. I want to represent his views accurately. 😁

Jon Voight is a good actor. I won’t take that away from him because his political views are garbage. But Jon Voight ain’t moving no votes. If 86 year old white men who claimed to have personal relationships with an alleged ancient man who’s been deceased for two thousand years moved votes, republicans would already rule the land, and there would be no reason for famous 86 year old white men who claim to have personal relationships with an alleged ancient man who’s been deceased for two thousand years to be public about it.

*Edited - an alleged ancient man who was deceased and then allegedly returned from the dead before parting into another realm. I want to represent his views accurately. 😁
A war with Taylor Swift is not one they want to have, she has a base that is motivated and just a nudge from her will get them out to vote in huge numbers while all the grumpy old white people sit at home on their asses watching Trump go through trial after trial.

It would be quite fitting if MAGA is taken down by an army of girls.
He's already dragging to Biden in the latest polls and while I get he isn't a popular choice, every one of these trials will continue to dog Trump. The Republican party has nobody to blame but themselves.

This year is the last of Trump’s political career. He’s tanking. Walls are closing in. I think the Fani Willis allegations are turning out to be nothing and may backfire spectacularly. Looks like the relationship began later and wouldn’t matter anyways unless they can actually prove literal wrongdoing, the relationship means nothing.

The hush money case which was sidelined may secure another conviction from Allen Weisselberg… not looking good for him (Trump). His mental health is also under a microscope.

This year is the last of Trump’s political career. He’s tanking. Walls are closing in. I think the Fani Willis allegations are turning out to be nothing and may backfire spectacularly. Looks like the relationship began later and wouldn’t matter anyways unless they can actually prove literal wrongdoing, the relationship means nothing.

The hush money case which was sidelined may secure another conviction from Allen Weisselberg… not looking good for him (Trump). His mental health is also under a microscope.
I think by the end of it all the Trump fatigue will have set in for the American people, he'll still have his die hard supporters but it's hard to imagine him gaining any more ground throughout the next year.

He's already dragging to Biden in the latest polls and while I get he isn't a popular choice, every one of these trials will continue to dog Trump. The Republican party has nobody to blame but themselves.

I have no idea which polls are more accurate/legitimate. But a CNN poll from yesterday shows trump slightly ahead (4%) of Biden. Though it's still a ways to November, for me, that's too close for comfort.

Hopefully, but not guaranteed, a few felony convictions might change the above. I'm still nervous.

I have no idea which polls are more accurate/legitimate. But a CNN poll from yesterday shows trump slightly ahead (4%) of Biden. Though it's still a ways to November, for me, that's too close for comfort.

Hopefully, but not guaranteed, a few felony convictions might change the above. I'm still nervous.

All of them are accurate and none of them are. But the fact there’s a noticeable shift in Biden’s favor right as Trump started winning primaries hopefully reaffirms what many pundits have said, that shopping around is all fun and games, but if presented with Biden and Trump at the polls, it isn’t good for Trump, and I haven’t really seen any sign a third party hurts Biden more than Trump. Biden actually does well in early polls with him, a third party and Nikki Haley. Replace her with Trump and he does marginally better, but I don’t see him winning. A lot of polls had Biden at about 49/50 percent with Haley and a third party splitting the rest.

Again, it all means nothing, but the pattern is Biden doing better.

Looking forward to seeing the breakdown of the dem primaries in SC, and look at the exit polling in the first real Democratic primary of the season. Usually would mean nothing, but there’s some Biden opponents who won’t win, but could give us some interesting insight on what the voters there are thinking.

I keep hearing Christian Trump supporters say he’s a changed man. Um, based on what? AFAIK he’s never admitted to doing anything wrong ever and nor has he claimed to be a changed man or even want to be. Did I miss Trump’s great changed man speeches?

I keep hearing Christian Trump supporters say he’s a changed man. Um, based on what? AFAIK he’s never admitted to doing anything wrong ever and nor has he claimed to be a changed man or even want to be. Did I miss Trump’s great changed man speeches?
That is a very good question to follow up on.

well he did change he became even a bigger lair and even more corrupt and willing to cause death to get what he wants. so he has become Jesus reborn.

*I should have kept going before hitting the respond button...

My understanding is that it happens several times a day and he has a person who handles it for him.

I totally missed your post. Great minds and all. :ROFLMAO:

I keep hearing Christian Trump supporters say he’s a changed man. Um, based on what?

Lack of fecal odor emanating from fatass.

Probably what he keeps Walt Nauta around for.

Fox News, concerned about carbon emissions since 2024

sz38wghi27gc1.jpeg

No, they’re not concerned. They’re pointing out the hypocrisy of the leaders of left’s concern about society’s carbon emissions while while jet setting all over the world. The problem I see is that I’ve never seen Taylor Swift to be some beacon of progressive ideology.

The people who we should are be annoyed with are people like Bill Gates, John Kerry, Leonardo DiCaprio, Al Gore, etc who have made climate change their legacy meanwhile owning mansions and flying privately. And many of these people make the excuse that they could not do their all important climate activism without the use of a private jet. This is the exact same reasoning given by the “prosperity gospel” televangelists except they’re spreading the gospel.

Perhaps you saw the clip circulating while ago of John Kerry denying he’s ever owned a private jet… his wife owned the plane. And then declares he doesn’t fly private. Surely he must recognize everyone knows it doesn’t matter who in the family owns the plane or if it’s borrowed, leased, rented, an ownership scheme-l.

And it’s worth mentioning Bill Gates not only has 1 or 2 private jets… he has 5 last I checked.

These people are so deluded.

With all the talk of “carbon taxes”, rather than charging the single mother or minimum wage Uber eats driver for burning fossil fuels or lobbying the banning of gas stoves based on garbage science funded by activists, perhaps those flying private jets should be taxed sky high, pun intended, for every gallon of jet fuel burnt.

While they’re at maybe change the law to not allow business jet owners to write 100% of the planes cost the year of purchase- new or used. It’s astounding the government allows this.

Having had the luxury of flying on private jets several times when I was a kid, I understand why people who can afford it do it. But some of these business are TINY and frankly a modern business or 1st class seat on a quality commercial airline is better experience or at least not much worse. It’s great to have the privacy to yourself on a Lear 35 until you need to stretch your legs and remember the ceiling is only 4ft tall. And I would imagine most private jets still don’t have in-air internet service- marine internet capable of streaming was $40k/month + $10-15k in hardware only a few years ago prior to Starlink marine. The hardware cost for planes must astronomical given all the regulations planes have. And we all know how reliable in-air WiFi is.

Back