The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

No, they’re not concerned. They’re pointing out the hypocrisy of the leaders of left’s concern about society’s carbon emissions while while jet setting all over the world. The problem I see is that I’ve never seen Taylor Swift to be some beacon of progressive ideology.
And it's pretty ridiculous to compare a single jet ride to the billions of tons of carbon emissions released each year. It's like expecting Bernie Sanders to get around in a wagon train. Furthermore, Taylor Swift hasn't asked for any of this, the right is attacking her out of nowhere because she's dating a football player which is just bizarre. These people are the epitome of the very snowflakes they're constantly outraged at. That's your hypocrisy right there.

So one can't use the technology of today while also wishing for it to be changed and greener.

Can we ever be realistic adults? I'm also against funding churches but I pay my taxes. What a hypocrite I am. :ROFLMAO:

Anyways, Republicans have bigger fish to fry. Themselves, mainly, because they're flopping around all over the place. It's like they're on a trampoline with fatass, just being bounced into each other and others, stumbling over themselves to keep up with whatever their leader says. Johnson hadn't even read the immigration bill. This guy is shaping up to be the worst speaker in modern history. He's somewhere in between Hastert and Gingrich.

He's also lying about it - a LOT.

The Mayorkas impeachment vote is in danger. There's some missing members on each side, more on the republican side, and a razor-thin margin. Ken Buck wrote an op-ed saying he will not vote to impeach, and another GOP member said on X they will not impeach (his name escapes me).

If it passes, its dead in the senate anyways. This is symoblic for "look how stupid we are, look at the red herrings we chase and how we can't get our act together". That's all, nothing more.

They're going to impeach him, not pass a border bill, not pass Ukraine aid, just tap dancing along with no care in the world. Say one thing, do another.

However, if it does fail, I can't wait to see the finger pointing GOP members use on each other.

I have to admit being a little confused as to the end game here.

On one hand, there are posts here that say Biden is going to beat Trump. Ok fine, maybe he will.

But other posts want Trump convicted and removed from the ballot meaning someone other than Trump will face Biden. In this case, Biden loses the anti-Trump vote and would probably lose to someone like DeSantis.

So which is better? Trump convicted and off the ballot meaning Biden probably loses. Or Trump on the ballot and loses to Biden?

Or a 3rd possibility is Trump off the ballot and Biden steps away of his own accord (can't see this happening, but it is an option) and there is a whole new race between Governor Hair Gel and Governor Cowboy Boots.

On one hand, there are posts here that say Biden is going to beat Trump. Ok fine, maybe he will.

But other posts want Trump convicted and removed from the ballot meaning someone other than Trump will face Biden. In this case, Biden loses the anti-Trump vote and would probably lose to someone like DeSantis.

So which is better? Trump convicted and off the ballot meaning Biden probably loses. Or Trump on the ballot and loses to Biden?

Or a 3rd possibility is Trump off the ballot and Biden steps away of his own accord (can't see this happening, but it is an option) and there is a whole new race between Governor Hair Gel and Governor Cowboy Boots.

It's called caring more about democracy than which party wins the presidency. It's like having a leaky roof and a house fire at the same time. It's not that I don't care about the roof, but what good is it if you let the house burn down? Trump wants to burn the house down - Haley, RFK, Biden, etc. are just people I may or may not like or agree with. I do not believe - presently - either is a danger to democracy, at least not directly and purposefully.

On a separate note, that Mayorkas impeachment failed. :cool::LOL:😁

Calling all shoppers, we're looking for a bald white man returning to work who has not been impeached!

64f04e081c741.image.jpg

Trump gone, period. Just go the fuck away.

I think even a lot of Democrats would welcome a Reagan Republican at this point, but ironically that's no longer what the right wants. So on one hand the conservative long-game strategists got us where they wanted us but I don't think they foresaw the far-right fringe getting mainstreamed and taking over as they attempt to drag us all off the cliff. It seems feeding a steady diet of fearmongering for decades can have some unruly bad side effects.

Trump gone, period. Just go the fuck away.

I think even a lot of Democrats would welcome a Reagan Republican at this point, but ironically that's no longer what the right wants. So on one hand the conservative long-game strategists got us where they wanted us but I don't think they foresaw the far-right fringe getting mainstreamed and taking over as they attempt to drag us all off the cliff. It seems feeding a steady diet of fearmongering for decades can have some unruly bad side effects.

Years of dog whistling (or ignoring the dog whistles) and pretending the party doesn't have a major issue with race. That type of hatred snowballs into other irrational forms of distrust and conspiracy thinking. The right has actually regressed in that point. Remember Todd Akin? That guy is essentially diet Paul Gosar or MTG, he'd be considered a moderate in MAGA world.

-----
More news from today -

Speaker Johnson should have remained as "Congressman Who?", because he's an utter embarrassment as a leader. I wonder if Kevin McCarthy is laughing and enjoying relative obscurity.

Biden loses the anti-Trump vote and would probably lose to someone like DeSantis

You should be a little clearer on this. If you mean someone who has elements of a similar agenda, that might be conceivable. If you mean someone like Desadness, I am having difficulty with that. That guy is the epitome of incompetent, and more importantly, highly unlikeable. There is a very good chance that Desadness would find a way to fall apart and lose to Joe the President. And the rest of the R field could not even keep pace with Desadness, so, one of them defeating Joe seems just as unlikely. Bizarre as it sounds, Joe the President actually looks like the strongest candidate.

the Question is could he even be impeached since he has not committed any high crimes and misdemeanors while in office? I mean if you can impeach for past crimes then trump can be impeached again.

You should be a little clearer on this. If you mean someone who has elements of a similar agenda, that might be conceivable. If you mean someone like Desadness, I am having difficulty with that.

Sorry, I meant more along the lines of people that may have voted for him in 2016 but couldn't in 2020. Reasons of a more personal nature vs a policy nature.

A House GOP effort to impeach Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas failed in embarrassing fashion Tuesday as three Republicans joined Democrats in voting against what would have been the second-ever impeachment of a Cabinet official.

The 214-216 vote is a stunning loss for a GOP that has faced continual pressure from its right flank to impeach a Biden official, even as the party has waffled over which one to focus on.

The failure came about because of the surprise appearance in the chamber of Rep. Al Green (D-Texas), who showed up unexpectedly — having recently had surgery and wearing hospital scrubs and no socks, according to NBC — to vote against the bill.

Republicans entered the vote with two expected GOP “no” votes from Reps. Ken Buck (Colo.) and Tom McClintock (Calif.), but then a third House GOP lawmaker, Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-Wis.), also voted against impeachment. The surprise “no” vote prompted numerous GOP colleagues to gather around Gallagher for a lengthy conversation before the vote closed.

They're going to try again later this month. I hope it fails again.

This is deeply embarrassing for the country. I seriously question - not being hyperbolic here - if Mike Johnson takes this job seriously or if he's actually truly made some sort of private pact with Trump beyond just basic fealty. It's that bad.

Listened to an interview of JD Vance clearly auditioning for Vice President waxing poetic about a key component of Project 2025 which is the President should replace everybody in key positions of the federal government with loyalists. Without even being asked he said this will probably be challenged by the Supreme Court but if the court rules against the President the President should tell them to enforce it which they can’t do. Look to their recent southern border decision as an example.

So 5 seconds after the right got the Supreme Court they wanted they’ve moved past that to fuck the Supreme Court.

They're going to try again later this month. I hope it fails again.

This is deeply embarrassing for the country. I seriously question - not being hyperbolic here - if Mike Johnson takes this job seriously or if he's actually truly made some sort of private pact with Trump beyond just basic fealty. It's that bad.
They're missing on all cylinders right now.

House Republicans are desperately trying to defend Donald Trump from claims of insurrection.

Listened to an interview of JD Vance clearly auditioning for Vice President waxing poetic about a key component of Project 2025 which is the President should replace everybody in key positions of the federal government with loyalists. Without even being asked he said this will probably be challenged by the Supreme Court but if the court rules against the President the President should tell them to enforce it which they can’t do. Look to their recent southern border decision as an example.

So 5 seconds after the right got the Supreme Court they wanted they’ve moved past that to fuck the Supreme Court.

The Legend of JD Carpetbagger Vance is that of a carpetbagging never-Trumper who flip-flopped when he could sell himself to the same suckers Trump grifts from. And he was right. There's a rash of carpetbagging republicans recently - JD Vance, Tommy Tuberville, Josh Hawley - a bunch of nimrod asskissers who probably fancy themselves pragmatic, modern-day confederate revolutionaries.

Luckily for us, they are nothing of the sort, and hopefully start to drop some of that schtick when Trump fails to regain the white house.

The stuff Vance was saying is truly dangerous. There is not enough ridicule of these dopes.

The Legend of JD Carpetbagger Vance is that of a carpetbagging never-Trumper who flip-flopped when he could sell himself to the same suckers Trump grifts from. And he was right. There's a rash of carpetbagging republicans recently - JD Vance, Tommy Tuberville, Josh Hawley - a bunch of nimrod asskissers who probably fancy themselves pragmatic, modern-day confederate revolutionaries.

Luckily for us, they are nothing of the sort, and hopefully start to drop some of that schtick when Trump fails to regain the white house.

The stuff Vance was saying is truly dangerous. There is not enough ridicule of these dopes.

Unfortunately rightwing fearmonger grifting is highly profitable. “Go woke and go broke!” says government conspiracy antivaxxer who buys useless supplements from a podcaster.

Story of the day from all outlets is that the Republican party is crippled at this point, and much of this is coming from within their own party. Everyone who is sane is asking why so many are caving to Trump, you have to admit it's pretty baffling.

Back