The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

I am simply saying that some of the pics are not appropriate for young kids.

I'll meet you halfway on this one. I don't have any facts since this isn't a hot topic for me, but it's not unreasonable to believe that there might have been books available to small children that shouldn't have been available to small children. I'm not going looking for pictures. I'll just accept for now that you're right. Sadly, it's not hard to believe. Perhaps people should be paying more attention to what goes into our schools.

It's the over-reaction I have issues with. I take issue with laws created to ban books period. They usually have unexpected consequences because of how difficult it is to craft legislation to remove just the right books. And the "right books" of course varies from person to person. I have issues with parents thinking they know more about their children's education than trained professionals. My parents found a way to be involved in my education without assuming they knew more about education than a school full of educators. I have issues with school boards members getting threats. I have issues with a loud, ignorant minority trying to decide what is and isn't acceptable for everyone. I have problems with parents who don't understand that public schools are public. They're there to serve the entire community. All races, religions, and walks of life. If that's too much exposure to unacceptable ideas for your delicate flower, home school them.

So even if this is a problem that needs fixing, I think your side is going about fixing it the wrong way.

But since I am on thin ice here I am not even going to Spoiler Tag it. You are going to have to look for the content and make that determination yourself.

But I will say some of it is pretty graphic.

I am out on this subject in this thread.

Would you be comfortable if I read your young kids the King James bible, if I could pick and choose what I wanted to read from it, word for word?

Sorry folks. I'm out. Several replies I would like to make, but not worth being banned from the thread.
If you're unable to respond without constantly pointing your finger at me for not allowing graphic posts from either side, then yeah maybe you just need to stay out of it. However, if you're able to get past that you can simply keep posting as you like. Your call.

If you're unable to respond without constantly pointing your finger at me for not allowing graphic posts from either side, then yeah maybe you just need to stay out of it. However, if you're able to get past that you can simply keep posting as you like. Your call.

Fair enough. But if you recall, I specifically said I didn't hold it against you. It is just a fact that you don't want that kind of content open on the site from either side. I have zero problem with that. Simply making a comparison.

I'll meet you halfway on this one. I don't have any facts since this isn't a hot topic for me, but it's not unreasonable to believe that there might have been books available to small children that shouldn't have been available to small children. I'm not going looking for pictures. I'll just accept for now that you're right. Sadly, it's not hard to believe. Perhaps people should be paying more attention to what goes into our schools.

It's the over-reaction I have issues with. I take issue with laws created to ban books period. They usually have unexpected consequences because of how difficult it is to craft legislation to remove just the right books. And the "right books" of course varies from person to person. I have issues with parents thinking they know more about their children's education than trained professionals. My parents found a way to be involved in my education without assuming they knew more about education than a school full of educators. I have issues with school boards members getting threats. I have issues with a loud, ignorant minority trying to decide what is and isn't acceptable for everyone. I have problems with parents who don't understand that public schools are public. They're there to serve the entire community. All races, religions, and walks of life. If that's too much exposure to unacceptable ideas for your delicate flower, home school them.

So even if this is a problem that needs fixing, I think your side is going about fixing it the wrong way.

Correct. So does the public who's kids attend those schools get a say? The people of FL could simply elect a new governor and legislature that would put those books back in the schools if that is truly what the public wanted.

Neither side will be happy if any books can be in school libraries.

Would you be comfortable if I read your young kids the King James bible, if I could pick and choose what I wanted to read from it, word for word?

And this highlights my point. Left leaning parents would not be happy if there were a bible in every classroom. Even more upset if the teacher read from it daily. So I hope you can understand why some parents would object to the content in some of these other books.

I would not be upset even though I am not religious. But understand some parents would be.

The people of FL could simply elect a new governor and legislature that would put those books back in the schools if that is truly what the public wanted.

There’s way too much legislature being passed by state super majorities that they know wouldn’t pass if it was given a direct vote by the people. And I’m putting that on both parties, so no need to whataboutism.

It is kind of interesting how rapidly the right and left have flipped positions on how they think government should work. The conservative project succeeded largely on believing you focus on the lower races and positions and work your way up from there while the liberals largely focused on the top. Now conservatives feel there needs to be a tough guy at the top (state or federal) and everybody below that can fuck off (if it's their guy). At the same time the left has realized they need to be focusing on the lower races and shouldn’t look to the President to be the be all, end all.

Fair enough. But if you recall, I specifically said I didn't hold it against you. It is just a fact that you don't want that kind of content open on the site from either side. I have zero problem with that. Simply making a comparison.

Correct. So does the public who's kids attend those schools get a say? The people of FL could simply elect a new governor and legislature that would put those books back in the schools if that is truly what the public wanted.

Neither side will be happy if any books can be in school libraries.

And this highlights my point. Left leaning parents would not be happy if there were a bible in every classroom. Even more upset if the teacher read from it daily. So I hope you can understand why some parents would object to the content in some of these other books.

I would not be upset even though I am not religious. But understand some parents would be.
I personally know of a school (or University), that has a Cross in every classroom. . Does it offend some people? Yes, but you know what? They just quietly go off and choose not to attend that school.

Yes there are probably some who make a stink on the Left. However, I don't think the "Left" as whole is broadcasting it daily on their news outlet, and getting all frothed at the mouth about how it is warping young adults minds.

And this highlights my point: Right-leaning people who support book bans only support the constitution when its in their favor. I'm pretty sure the bible is religious, and we have freedom of and from religion.

You also didn't answer the question, which I wonder why you had trouble doing if you aren't religious.

Correct. So does the public who's kids attend those schools get a say?

I think they should. Not psycho-crazy school board meetings. But they absolutely should speak up if and provide their input. Parents should be more involved in general. But that doesn't mean they should dictate those decisions to the school. Also, something slipping through the cracks shouldn't be turned into pedophiles grooming kids. If it's truly objectionable, and most reasonable people agree that it is, it should just be removed. No need to turn it into a political circus. But I don't think parents should be the ultimate authority. They should just provide their input.

But since I am on thin ice here I am not even going to Spoiler Tag it. You are going to have to look for the content and make that determination yourself.

But I will say some of it is pretty graphic.

I am out on this subject in this thread.

man the lady is fucking fucked in the head. no clue about people or children and just wants to find things to hate and judge. her poor kids are going to be cray by the time they grow up. Moms for stupid strike again.

(the chair of the local Moms for Liberty chapter) told Popular Information that she believes the book may be "harmful to minors." She was worried that if a "5-year-old picks up this book and has never seen a picture of a penis… [t]he parent wouldn’t be able to discuss this with the child."

These are some darn fragile "adults". Someone needs take steps to protect them from their children.

“Breeding Mares For An Oppressive Society”.

You corner one of them and question them long enough, and ask the right questions, you will get them to admit that at the root of it all, they are driven by their religion.

Do they know how ironic their group name is? Since when do “Liberty” and censorship go hand in hand?

I’d expect a lot of MAGA fentanyl overdoses as they try to cope with the fact that in order to be a real patriot they are going to have to root for San Francisco in the Super Bowl. Sometimes serving your country isn’t easy when you are fighting the good fight.

Gym Jordan has subpoenaed Fani Willis. What a joke, Gym really needs to be mercilessly mocked for his dismal legislative record and committees that lead to nothing but ridicule of himself and his caucus.

These empty-headed dimwits are collecting a taxpayer check to run a full-time campaign for Donald Trump within the federal government. Really makes me sick. There’s your Grahams, Hawleys, Tim Scotts.. then there’s your Ted Cruz and Jim Jordans who are in a special class of their own. 🤢

Gym Jordan has subpoenaed Fani Willis. What a joke, Gym really needs to be mercilessly mocked for his dismal legislative record and committees that lead to nothing but ridicule of himself and his caucus.
Gym shouldn’t be allowed to subpoena anyone until his investigation is over and all his colleagues have complied with the subpoenas they got. Period.

As Taylor Swift continues to fire up and animate the left by making no political statements whatsoever while antagonizing the right with her popular successful woman with freewill schtick, Trump World has pulled out the big guns with Jon motherfucking Voight who compares Trump to Jesus.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...Et3xAi4rPuAhr8f3TF0DFK3ix7d3yc2OepXj5fgTDGpqv

This tracks as Jon and Jesus were actually friends in childhood and the uncovered gap between Jesus’ late teens and early 30’s is frequently referred to as the “Voight Years”. If anybody knows Jesus it’s Jon motherfucking Voight.

Back