The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Democracy, GOP style.

Arizona GOP introduces resolution to declare Trump 2024 winner regardless of the vote​

Republicans in the Arizona House of Representatives have introduced a resolution that would seek to declare former President Donald Trump the winner of the 2024 presidential election — regardless of what the voters decide, reported KPNX's Brahm Resnik.

This guy is intent on running on the "decent Republican" platform. Spraying gold dust on turds seems like a most unprofitable enterprise. But, at least his dad made his name a household word.

Alexei Navalny is dead.

When Trump sides with Russia and Putin, calls journalists the enemy, and does everything he can to sick his deranged followers on his opponents to threaten them with violence (or commit acts of violence), he’s doing so because he isn’t yet able to just order a hit himself.

Meanwhile, republicans co-sign everything he says, remain silent if they disagree, and are tanking aid to Ukraine.

This guy is intent on running on the "decent Republican" platform. Spraying gold dust on turds seems like a most unprofitable enterprise. But, at least his dad made his name a household word.
Theses are insurrectionist words to Trump Maggots:
Respect for the Rule of Law, the Peaceful Transfer of Power, the Dignity of Our Fellow Men and Women, and the Pursuit of Truth. These values are threatened by those who deny the results of valid elections — deniers who spread conspiracies and misinformation and use violence to intimidate judges, election workers, and elected officials. 🤔

Not a good week for the rubes. Good thing the Taylor Swift conspiracy is totally true. Buy my supplements.

Dinesh is a POS. Total drivel masquerading as documentaries. He also masquerades as a man of intelligence when his real skill is that of a charlatan. His substance when I hear him speak or debate others is usually zilch.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden...s-roadblocks-stop-reshaping-government-report

Have to say that is almost shockingly fair and balanced coming from Fox News. The headline and their usual slant would make it easy to assume the article is going to be “Democrats attempting to make it impossible for Trump to continue the great work he did in his first term!” Nope. It’s pretty much about Biden and Democrats putting up more guardrails to help prevent Trump from becoming a dictator if he gets a second term and the article isn’t really denying Trump seems to be leaning in that direction.

It even mentions Project 2025 which is the Heritage Foundation’s authoritarian takeover playbook. You probably couldn’t find a more heavily documented actual conspiracy. Of course Fox doesn’t pitch it as such but I’m surprised they mentioned it at all. They normally want people to believe that everything that happens on the right is just organic populism.

So overall, better than expected reporting from Fox.

Not serious people. I’lll save you the view; He pulls the “I’m a member of Congress!” card when he gets called out for his lies and misinformation on the border deal, and has no good answers when asked why this deal is worse than no deal at all (it isn’t, and he has no truthful answers). These people are wrapped in a self-insulated bubble of lies and talking points, all of which revolve around protecting one individual’s political career.

So how's it going for the GOP frontrunner?

bjt4ce4zw7jc1.jpeg

Republicans, anti-mask until it comes to going full Hitler - Tennessee State Capitol yesterday.

mv31slx6ydjc1.jpeg

Cosplay creeps.

I wonder who’s back they have for president. The right likes to remind us Biden was a friend of Robert Byrd, and the confederacy (which they support) were democrats.

So am I safe in assuming these folks are Biden supporting-liberals? Doubt it.

If you ever figure it out let me know.
I imagine it is simply a cyclic sort of thing. Open societies provide rungs upon which cliques can pull themselves up to the point that they are able to overcome the myopic complacency of the people who have spent their lives steeped in liberty, and thus establish a strict, shall we say fascistic, order. Regular folk, even the ones who are steadfastly maintaining the open society, simply do not believe that it can roll over in a moment. But social orders do not change gradually, the nexus absolutely has to be climactic in order to succeed.

Similarly, a strict, oppressive social order is vulnerable to rolling over into a different, more open society, which also has to commence abruptly. Oppression breeds resentment, which eventually festers to the point of breaking out into an overthrow. Even a dictatorship has to accede to the needs of the citizens, and a wise leader will try to give and take to keep the resentment below the threshold of hazard, but leaders change, and eventually a fool will be at the helm. This is compounded by the insularity of the inner circle, which is bound to lose sight of the critical issues.

So, it is like the tide, going out, coming in, going out again. There is possibly a formula that can balance an open system in a way that prevents or aborts the rise of cliquish power, but the problem is described in a song by The Who, "… Meet the new boss, Same as the old boss …" The very fact that social change relies on catharsis makes establishing a sustainable social replacement incredibly difficult. As I often quip, If you find yourself going around in circles, maybe you are having too many revolutions.

I think I got some or most of these ideas from reading The Prince by Nicolo Macchiavelli. I highly recommend it, especially the version that has a preface longer than the text, giving a history lesson covering his times.

Back