The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

The House GOP is so f*cked. Tap dancing between admitting NATO is necessary and Russia is a threat, but also trying not to reject anything their cult leader said. Its not just the house either, its the lapdogs like Tim Scott, even Nikki Haley who again waffled on whether she'd support Trump as the nominee. Haley is like an anti-Trump version of Speaker Johnson. She has a bigger bark, but virtually no bite when it matters.

:brickwall:

Resume of the man Republicans want to run this country.

2yah0jI.jpeg

Apparently one of the hot topics at the latest Trump rally was housing cost. But that was just the discussion among attendees. AFAIK Trump has never addressed this issue at his rallies or in his social media rants. I’d be all ears to hear what a lifetime real estate conman has to say about affordable housing. I’m sure in all his real estate dealings affordability for the renter or buyer was always his top concern.

But he could have the solution. He could buy up all the available housing and within six months of mismanagement he’ll have to sell them at fire sale prices. He and any lenders he partners with wouldn’t have to worry about a financial hit because his rubes would cover the loss in small donations. Sign me up!

I can see why Haley is staying in the race. I'm not so certain the GOP won't need a backup. Every time he speaks, republicans who aren't stupid probably slap their foreheads.

Addressing voters on Saturday, Mr Trump said: “We need you to get out and vote to set the stage for November.

“Go vote – November 27th. Remember this, that’s a date that is very important.”

There’s a potential breaking news story about an Oaklahoma trans student who was beaten up at school and died the next day. I say potential because the major news outlets aren’t covering it yet due to waiting for all the facts to come in (for the first time in over a decade). The cause of death hasn’t been determined yet.

So I guess we live in a world now where bullying and beating up trans kids in schools is a big nothing burger as long as that kid doesn’t die as a result.

There’s a potential breaking news story about an Oaklahoma trans student who was beaten up at school and died the next day. I say potential because the major news outlets aren’t covering it yet due to waiting for all the facts to come in (for the first time in over a decade). The cause of death hasn’t been determined yet.

So I guess we live in a world now where bullying and beating up trans kids in schools is a big nothing burger as long as that kid doesn’t die as a result.
Read the article, but like you I am waiting for more of a mainstream news source to start to cover it.
Update: https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/21/us/oklahoma-teen-death-school-fight/index.html

Last edited:
I just realized how lazy right-wing outrage reporting is. I know there are exceptions, but generally speaking from left wing media Republicans did something that is going to outrage viewers. On the right they’ll find something that will outrage viewers and pinch if off with “and Democrats don’t give a shit!” I could probably wander a 50 ft radius from anywhere and find a half dozen things that outrage me. My thought process just doesn’t reflexively blame Democrats for it.

I just realized how lazy right-wing outrage reporting is. I know there are exceptions, but generally speaking from left wing media Republicans did something that is going to outrage viewers. On the right they’ll find something that will outrage viewers and pinch if off with “and Democrats don’t give a shit!” I could probably wander a 50 ft radius from anywhere and find a half dozen things that outrage me. My thought process just doesn’t reflexively blame Democrats for it.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I considered voting for Romney because he had governing experience, was still sort of an outsider, and was a legit businessman. He made too many appeals to appease the far-right of his party, and I ended up voting for Obama. However, the reason I went with Romney was general dissatisfaction with politics in general, and I didn't feel the Obama admin was doing enough in that regard.

Reince Priebus (RNC PR BS :LOL:), former RNC chair and Trump chief of staff, said republicans would seek to find a better way to become a big tent party. Four years later we got Trump and I've never been so assured of my decision to leave the party. Republicans have restored my shaky faith in American institutions by trying to dismantle them.

I voted for a Republican once. It was my first time voting, and I had engaged in political education n HS (youth legislature, mock presidential convention) so I was no neophyte, and he was actually a good man. That was very many years ago. I think he may have been the last Republican whom I voted for. In November 1984, my vote for president was a write-in: "No". It was two decades before I voted agan, only because the situation was so very dire.

These people seem intent on showing their asses and losing solely on abortion.

“The good news is we were able to save your 17-week old fetus. The bad news is we couldn’t save your wife. We thought about it, but we’ve already got two lawsuits against us, one for saving a woman last month, and another for a janitor who got caught “aborting” in the broom closet. We have rent to pay, you know?”

The student was NB, not trans. And it’s been all over the news.

The student was NB, not trans. And it’s been all over the news.

Correction, NB, not trans. It wasn't all over the news when I posted or the day before when I found out about it from LGBTQ sites. It's all over the news now because they determined the cause of death wasn't from getting beat up.

Putin says he prefers dealing with Biden because Biden is more predictable. Of course this causes the right to think he fears Trump because he’s unpredictable. Putin has zero concerns about Trump stopping or even pausing his territorial conquest bucket list. Trump would probably even help him advance it. He wants Trump back in office because Trump is a chaos agent and will continue his project of destroying the US from within. In the history of underestimating your enemy I think even Putin was shocked at underestimating the level of how many useful idiots we have in the US. That has to be up there in the top 5 underestimates of all time.

Putin says he prefers dealing with Biden because Biden is more predictable. Of course this causes the right to think he fears Trump because he’s unpredictable. Putin has zero concerns about Trump stopping or even pausing his territorial conquest bucket list. Trump would probably even help him advance it. He wants Trump back in office because Trump is a chaos agent and will continue his project of destroying the US from within. In the history of underestimating your enemy I think even Putin was shocked at underestimating the level of how many useful idiots we have in the US. That has to be up there in the top 5 underestimates of all time.
fox needs to change their name to fox Moscow.

Not wanting to be upstaged by Alabama, Trump last night bragged about forcing prayer into public school (a lie, but the fact he would lie about doing something unconstitutional and flat-out wrong is telling).

Trump literally said "we forced it". Went on to tell a bunch of brainwashed Christians in a banquet room that he was some great Christian warrior who'd be vowing to create a task force to investigate all forms of "Christian persecution"

Trump pledged to establish a new federal task force on “fighting anti-Christian bias.”

“Its mission will be to investigate all forms of illegal discrimination, harassment and persecution against Christians in America,” Trump said.

Mixing the religious right with messianic-like cult worship of a pathologically-lying narcissistic grifter, what could go wrong?

I wonder if Trump has his own personal deep state that includes an Epstein level blackmail racket. Based on performance, the depths of Lindsey Graham’s depravity has no bottom.

South Carolina has two awesome senators.

Regardless of how you may feel about their mental states, there's a near laser focus on Biden's and comparatively zero on Trump's. But I'm going to blame the media of both sides and their insistence on manufacturing an election horse race. It has to be a wanna-be dictator vs. somebody who is mentally impaired. It can't be somebody who is mentally impaired vs a wanna-be dictator who is also mentally impaired.

I know there is the perception that the left won't talk about Biden's age or mental state, but that's generally coming from people who follow sources that won't shut up about it 24/7.

Back