The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

Assuming Trump stays out of jail, and loses the election, I’m worried that the fever won’t break. You’d think it would, but we’re beyond all reason here. I see him running again, influencing Congess, the nightmare just doesn’t end. The grift lives on and on…

Assuming Trump stays out of jail, and loses the election, I’m worried that the fever won’t break. You’d think it would, but we’re beyond all reason here. I see him running again, influencing Congess, the nightmare just doesn’t end. The grift lives on and on…
I think he will deflate like a weather balloon and go the rest of the way off the crazy cliff.

Update on the Fani Willis case.

The judge has ordered Wade's former law partner to testify on his knowledge of the relationship between Wade and Willis. Bradley claimed privilege, but the judge said no.
It's not looking good for her.

Wait what?

d2dm2ly2kllc1.jpeg

On a positive note, SCotUS allowed states to onerously restrict or outlaw abortions, a long term goal of the religious-fundamentalist-fueled right wing in the country. The latest statistics show that their persistence has yielded them no gain.

There were about as many abortions last year as in the period before the decision was issued. Some states have seen their abortion rates drop to nil, while the neighboring states, where women can still legally have a procedure performed, have seen a corresponding inrcrease.

On a positive note, SCotUS allowed states to onerously restrict or outlaw abortions, a long term goal of the religious-fundamentalist-fueled right wing in the country. The latest statistics show that their persistence has yielded them no gain.

There were about as many abortions last year as in the period before the decision was issued. Some states have seen their abortion rates drop to nil, while the neighboring states, where women can still legally have a procedure performed, have seen a corresponding inrcrease.
Which is why they want a national ban, including mifepristone.

Mitch McConnell has officially endorsed Donald Trump today, just in case you felt bad about his retirement or him helping to keep the party from falling off the cliff into cult worship insanity. He may not believe the doctrine, but he follows it anyways. 🖕Mitch.

Mitch McConnell has officially endorsed Donald Trump today, just in case you felt bad about his retirement or him helping to keep the party from falling off the cliff into cult worship insanity. He may not believe the doctrine, but he follows it anyways. 🖕Mitch.

Of course he did. He's wealthy and doesn't want to face the wrath of the MAGAs and the party in general. It doesn't matter that he has no principles.

McConnell is not running for leader, and probably won't run for office again. He has nothing to lose by refusing to endorse Trump. So he's not an elder statesman without a backbone, he's an active accomplice in the MAGA agenda. Which is why I said in the McConnell Retirement thread, I've got no words of kindness for him. I'll be glad when he's done. Yeah, we may get someone worse in there, but at least then we know who we're dealing with.

For all the talk the right does of democratic "witch hunts", I'd argue democrats have been complacent waiting for republicans to clean up their own mess. We've stood around wondering when McConnell will actually lead his party away from the same kooks he warned us about in 2022. McConnell is endorsing their lead recruiter.

I really hope these kind of stunts harm the GOP house, and that the dems can retain control of the senate. Ted Cruz is up for reelection. Knocking him off won't be easy, but I do think its not out of the realm of possibility.

Last edited:
If you really want to be disgusted, go look up videos of NC Gubernatorial nominee Mark Robinson. His nickname should be "Uncle Ruckus". I had never heard of him until last night, I've seen enough of him the last 24 hours.

I'll spare you the quotes, but he's a black dude, relatively new to politics, who's made his mark in MAGA world by saying the most disgusting things you can. I sincerely wonder if he's deranged or just someone going along with the grift, a dude who decided there's a big market amongst conservatives for black people who take up the mantra of white nationalism. The things he says are so outlandish that he has to be portraying a character, I refuse to believe he's that twisted and made it to his age.

Trump called him "MLK on steroids", he must not have gotten the message this guy doesn't have a high opinion of MLK.

Also, I'm pretty sure Eddie Murphy is playing both this guy and his wife.

Mark_and_Yolanda_2.jpg

This is what happens when you're exposed to too much lead as a child.

Republicans in a Texas county ditched technology and counted votes by hand. Here’s what happened.​

The Texas Secretary of State and other election experts warned Gillespie County Republicans the process would be expensive, time-consuming and less reliable.

Back