The Republican Agenda 2021 and Forward

IMG_3346.jpeg

* Sorry, unless I am missing something, media tags for Twitter unfurling don’t work here. At least I can’t get them to work. This links to Twitter post that the Idaho Governor has passed a bill that prohibits leaving the State for an abortion. I believe restriction on travel for this purpose is unconstitutional.

* Sorry, unless I am missing something, media tags for Twitter unfurling don’t work here. At least I can’t get them to work. This links to Twitter post that the Idaho Governor has passed a bill that prohibits leaving the State for an abortion. I believe restriction on travel for this purpose is unconstitutional.
The new law criminalizes assisting a minor to leave the state for an abortion, though apparently not if there is parental consent. But it’s just a step to making it illegal to help anyone cross state lines to obtain an abortion, regardless of age. Along with the Texas Federal judge’s ruling on mifepristone (which has yet to play out in the courts), they’re further examples of restrictions on personal freedom by the party that wants smaller government.

I guess the good news is Rona McDaniel, head of the RNC, does realize this is a losing issue for the GOP.
I don't see this as an issue to be bandied about depending on whether it harms or benefits a party's likelihood of winning an election. Anencephaly and other severe fetal anomalies are devastating diagnoses for women and their partners, and forcing them to continue the pregnancy is cruel and unsupportable by anyone with a shred of human decency.

I don't see this as an issue to be bandied about depending on whether it harms or benefits a party's likelihood of winning an election. Anencephaly and other severe fetal anomalies are devastating diagnoses for women and their partners, and forcing them to continue the pregnancy is cruel and unsupportable by anyone with a shred of human decency.

Sadly that is what we have become. :(

So according to Marjorie, people who are mentally unstable and documented liars cannot be trusted. Yet she supports The Donald. Got it.

Yes, Eric turned that off because twitter (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted) Musk (expletive deleted).
Yep, no way I'm supporting anything that bipolar nutbag Elon Musk is a part of anymore. @Huntn just use screenshots for posts you want to share, we have not allowed it inline for a while now.

A lot to take in there, but a top mention should be the same Republicans who expelled Democrat 2 members for protesting have refused to do anything about their own member who most likely sexually assaulted multiple teenage girls. Guess he must have great decorum.

One will probably be re-appointed as soon as Monday, and the other will now have a national profile that he didn’t have 48 hours ago, thanks to racist republicans in TN. And yes, it absolutely was racist, wrapped in their favorite cloak of (im)plausible deniability.

“Of course it wasn’t because they were black, it was because they broke the rules.” Give me a break. Again, who, why and when they choose to enact the harshest penalties for these often-broken rules of decorum tells you everything (the person who shot video on the floor during the melee also broke house rules).

And it’s not isolated, it’s part of an overarching pattern. You can reasonably consider race or racism is not a factor in any one isolated incident, but over time, a pattern emerges.

More importantly,

embedded tweets can be deleted, leaving one high-and-dry, but screen grabs are forever.
(-ish)
Well that is a decent reason, but it makes for more work up front. That is why I download photos and just don’t link to them online.

Well that is a decent reason, but it makes for more work up front. That is why I download photos and just don’t link to them online.
You could always forget Twitter and get the same stuff from Mastodon.

“Hate collecting". That’s original. I never thought of collecting stuff related to things I hate. Maybe that’s a rich people thing when you already own everything you love, including a Supreme Court judge.

Back