The Trump Indictment Thread

Yoused

up
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
And it still comes down to (if I were a juror) trump, supposedly a smart and successful business man, pay $130,000 to Stormy? Whether directly or through Cohen and then later reimbursing him.

What did he receive for that large payment? Who writes such a large check and expects nothing in return?

I believe Individual-ONE denies that he made any such payment or even thought of it. The encounter with Ms. Cliffords never actually happened. The payments were undertaken by Cohen alone, Individual-ONE had no knowledge of them, and he was mere paying Cohen for legal services.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I believe Individual-ONE denies that he made any such payment or even thought of it. The encounter with Ms. Cliffords never actually happened. The payments were undertaken by Cohen alone, Individual-ONE had no knowledge of them, and he was mere paying Cohen for legal services.

But in the end wouldn't Daniels have deposited the check in her bank account - where a record would be kept by the bank as well as the IRS.

Which then begs the question, why would trump's attorney write her such a large check?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
And it still comes down to (if I were a juror) trump, supposedly a smart and successful business man, pay $130,000 to Stormy? Whether directly or through Cohen and then later reimbursing him.

What did he receive for that large payment? Who writes such a large check and expects nothing in return?
Right, if the jury just looks at the merits of the case and not all the hyperbole they would likely see the logic. Obviously it mostly hinges on Cohen, but if I'm a juror who knows he was a liar, I'm asking myself two questions. First is why Trump kept someone like this as his confidant for so long, and 2, exactly "why" did he go to prison for lying?

The fact that MAGA bashes this guy so much is laughable, he lied on behalf of THEIR guy to protect him and went to prison as a result. While the jury may have their misgivings about the vigor in which Cohen has gone after trump since, certainly they'll get why.

Yoused

up
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
But in the end wouldn't Daniels have deposited the check in her bank account - where a record would be kept by the bank as well as the IRS.

Which then begs the question, why would trump's attorney write her such a large check?
As I recall, a non-small portion of the check went to her lawyer (seems to me it was close to half), and he probably set up some sort of maytag trust account for it.

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score

But on the other hand he claims that "NDAs" like these are totally legal, because he did them all the time in the Trump Org.
If it didn't happen, why did he need an NDA with Stormy Daniels?
It's a rhetoric question, we all know it did happen.

Yoused

up
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
But on the other hand he claims that "NDAs" like these are totally legal, because he did them all the time in the Trump Org.

An NDA is a public disclosure constraint, but a "legal" NDA only covers activities which are legal and cannot constrain evidence. If you are asked a question in court and you refuse to answer because there is an NDA, you will be held in contempt.

KingOfPain

Site Champ
Reaction score
An NDA is a public disclosure constraint, but a "legal" NDA only covers activities which are legal and cannot constrain evidence. If you are asked a question in court and you refuse to answer because there is an NDA, you will be held in contempt.

I used NDA in quotes, because Trump wrote it, but that catch-and-kill they performed isn't comparable to an NDA anyway.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
Robert De Niro giving trump lackeys a piece of his mind in front of the trump trial courthouse this morning. I tip my cap in appreciation. Check out the video below.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/05/28/poli...iro-press-conference-trump-trial-jan-6-digvid
Ugh, that page had a link to a Dennis Quaid interview with Piers Morgan that I regrettably watched. Did not know Quaid was a Trumper, and his reasoning for supporting him is the same dumb bullshit: “Everything is corrupt, so let’s vote for the most corrupt person ever born”. Disappointing, I guess mental illness runs in the family.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Ugh, that page had a link to a Dennis Quaid interview with Piers Morgan that I regrettably watched. Did not know Quaid was a Trumper, and his reasoning for supporting him is the same dumb bullshit: “Everything is corrupt, so let’s vote for the most corrupt person ever born”. Disappointing, I guess mental illness runs in the family.

Thanks for the heads-up not to watch the Quaid video.

I chalk that up to people with not much going on in their lives and feeling an intense need to be (and viewed by others as) some kind of patriot, providing a purpose to go on living. Even if it's based on nonsense spewed by a wannabe dictator.

I thought De Niro was masterful taking on the congressional clowns like Gaetz and MTG countering their BS in front of the courthouse.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
For the love of god, find this criminal mental midget guilty and hold him accountable. He’s already saying nobody could beat the charges because it’s rigged, so just do it already. It’s so blatantly obvious no normal jury should be hemming and hawing over this blatantly criminal scheme which he spearheaded with the help of his corrupt empire.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Breaking: After four hours of deliberation, jurors are being brought back in to rehear some testimony from Pecker and Cohen read to them.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Reaction score
@Cmaier - any thoughts on this?

Screen Shot 2024-05-29 at 12.33.38 PM.png

Top Bottom
1 2