The Trump Indictment Thread

I think Fox is my favorite news site at the moment. CNN did the expected giant headline. OAN has it as a little story on the page like any other story. But Fox really got out the fancy dishes. It's a sea of red. His picture is on pretty much all the stories and they all have red fonts. It's so pretty and festive.

Screenshot 2024-05-30 at 3.17.41 PM.png

Look at you with the typical false equivalency. You might think a shoplifter and a rapist are the same thing. BTW, Trump is literally a rapist, but don’t let that bother you when you check his stupid name in November.

It was a joke. ;)

Slavery, the slaughter of Native Americans, treating women as second-class citizens, internment of Japanese Americans, Jim Crow and now this. When will it end? Trump is the most persecuted American in history, and all he did was valiantly sacrifice everything in an attempt to help make this country great.

Or maybe he'll join Gerald Ford. Trump looks horrible. The adverse effects on his health must be tremendous, especially since he's such a joyless person. He even looks pathological on the few occasions he smiles.

Yeah, he is almost 78, but the difference with Trump and Biden is no less or more different. Trump looks gaunt and old, his old saggy neck is hanging like a pair of granny meat curtains.

He’s unwell mentally and probably not going to get much better physically. Don’t get me wrong, he does great for his age. No denying that. But he has no cheese on his cracker to start with and it’s not going to get better as his pea-brain slips further into actual or self-imposed dimentia.

The real question is, exactly how long will your average redneck continue to buy into this laughable nonsense liar? How long will it be until they realize Moses is a cartoon grifter?

can he appeal this before sentencing? can he go directly to the SC?
No. He can appeal, but there are a couple levels of NY appellate review he would need to get through. And to appeal to the SCOTUS there would have to be some sort of federal basis to do so - civil rights or the like. SCOTUS cannot just overturn a conviction on the basis that something that is a question only of NY law.

🕺🏼🕺🏼🕺🏼💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼🥳🎉🎊
The Man was impeached twice, has been involved in a multitude of civil court cases and lost, by all evidence is corrupt to the bone, abusive of classified documents, loves Putin and Netanyahu, and disrespects both the military and our intelligence services. Everything is for sale. None of these things are related to this conviction, just illustrate his track record in everything he does.

No. He can appeal, but there are a couple levels of NY appellate review he would need to get through. And to appeal to the SCOTUS there would have to be some sort of federal basis to do so - civil rights or the like. SCOTUS cannot just overturn a conviction on the basis that something that is a question only of NY law.
I hope this proves to be the case.

I’m currently on a flight to Chicago. Got the news when we landed in Atlanta (first stop). We‘re giddy. Gonna have a celebratory drink when we get to the hotel.

In the meanwhile, because The Felon Guy (new form of TFG) lives in Florida, he will be ineligible to vote come November. Karma?

In the meanwhile, because The Felon Guy (new form of TFG) lives in Florida, he will be ineligible to vote come November. Karma?

From what I read:

"Things a convicted FELON cannot do in the United States:

Vote
Travel abroad
Bear arms or own guns
Jury service
Employment in certain fields
Lost Public social benefits and housing"

"But ironically can still run for president".

Hopefully @Cmaier can confirm or fill us in.

Back